Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Jun 2012, 08:21 (Ref:3098837)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Flying Scotsman 2013

The initial details of next years Flying Scotsman have been released.April next year ,Maximum number of cars 100.London to Gleneagles.

Probably biggest Pre War Only Proper Rally in Europe.

Superb event this year with a many speed stages .The race drivers who had never done any type of rally before were impressed and will all be back next year.

If you don't get your entries in to early you will be disappointed
Old 2 Jul 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3101040)   #2
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely worth entering

I agree with John: this is one of the best regularity rallies for pre war cars: last year was our first entry as we normally go to southern Europe with the car as the weather is better........despite the awful weather last year my wife/navigator has willingly agreed to go again next year.
John we have until september to get the team discount so let's talk about it at le mans classic
Nigel B
Old 16 Apr 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3235248)   #3
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Picked up on this one whilst reading the VSCC Spring Start thread - the FS has an excellent entry list. It passes within an hour or so of me (through the Skipton / Yorkshire Dales area) on the Saturday - just a pity that's the only day that I probably can't get across there!

Might have to have an early start and run across to Gretna Green on the Sunday morning to see the start. Sounds like they all muster at the visitor centre from about 8am that day?
Old 16 Apr 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3235306)   #4
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all arrive in Gretna green on Saturday evening, stay overnight and set off from there the next morning.......I have the names of the hotels somewhere if that would help
Nigel B
Old 16 Apr 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3235419)   #5
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Nigel but hotel won't work for me on this one - family 'do' over this way on Saturday (can't say I want to be at it though ) so I might just have a quick blast across the A66 on Sunday morning - would be a pity to miss seeing the assembled cars.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3236420)   #6
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just picked this up through a Facebook post from Hero...great entry, and passes within 20 miles or so of me.....must do for Saturday morning, methinks.
Old 20 Apr 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3237034)   #7
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just back from watching 90 or so pre-war classics proceeding over Widdop Moor in great weather........not a car under 74 years old, and the oldest (a Chalmers) was 101! Some beautiful motor-cars, and all being used as intended

A certain Mr Ruston must have been a little down on his regularity time as the Talbot was "brisk" going past us
Old 20 Apr 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3237051)   #8
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
A certain Mr Ruston must have been a little down on his regularity time as the Talbot was "brisk" going past us
I beleive he always drives like that.

My photos from the start at Hanbury Manor here for your perusal, how many familiar faces can you spot!

http://s1325.photobucket.com/user/gl...28598992550879

glyn
Old 22 Apr 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3237996)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Great event!

Hotels a bit iffy in normal Philip style and I don't want to see fish pie or a curry for a month.

We done good!
Old 22 Apr 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3238007)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Great event!

Hotels a bit iffy in normal Philip style and I don't want to see fish pie or a curry for a month.

We done good!
well done with the Talbots- 1st, 3rd and 10th!