Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Mar 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3720645)   #151
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Live streaming was brilliant all weekend - lost it briefly a couple of times but pretty certain that was connection at my end. All made more enjoyable by listening to the familiar voice of a member of my family far more knowledgeable than I am.
I don't think it was on your end. I had a couple of moments when I had a message about the "the streamer had stopped streaming" so I think it was the source.
Bob H
Old 23 Mar 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3720869)   #152
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MM75 on TV tonight. ITV4 9.00pm
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3721134)   #153
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flagman View Post
MM75 on TV tonight. ITV4 9.00pm
Nice to see Simon win & give a good interview.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 12:31 (Ref:3721148)   #154
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Nice to see Simon win & give a good interview.
Yes, talking sense!
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3721158)   #155
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would you expect anything else?
He's one of the 'Good Guys'.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 15:32 (Ref:3721205)   #156
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Enjoyed the coverage yesterday, especially the interview with the tin top drivers and some close action in the races.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3722884)   #157
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

Galleries for each of the races here (except the Sunday Gerry Marshall sprint race that I watched "normally" and thoroughly enjoyed !)

Last edited by dwh43scale; 31 Mar 2017 at 20:40.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 23:26 (Ref:3725408)   #158
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just watched the ITV4 programme on catch up and the Goodwood marketing department could learn a thing or two. The Andy Jordan overtake in the TVR was breathtaking enough to put loads of bums on seats yet it doesn't feature in their clips. Such a shame they just put out crash videos

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 11 Apr 2017, 06:22 (Ref:3725429)   #159
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I've just watched the ITV4 programme on catch up and the Goodwood marketing department could learn a thing or two. The Andy Jordan overtake in the TVR was breathtaking enough to put loads of bums on seats yet it doesn't feature in their clips. Such a shame they just put out crash videos.
The cynic in me suggests that the marketing / PR dept are just that- not historic racing followers....

Am happy for someone from Goodwood to come on here and contradict me though!
Old 11 Apr 2017, 06:53 (Ref:3725431)   #160
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In their defence they must be a tough gig to work for as they are often recruiting for the same jobs at Goodwood!!.

That only usually happens when firms are not that great to work for in my experience
Old 11 Apr 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3725443)   #161
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I've just watched the ITV4 programme on catch up and the Goodwood marketing department could learn a thing or two. The Andy Jordan overtake in the TVR was breathtaking enough to put loads of bums on seats yet it doesn't feature in their clips. Such a shame they just put out crash videos

I assume you mean the MIKE Jordan overtake
Old 11 Apr 2017, 19:43 (Ref:3725612)   #162
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was it? Do I? ITV4 just said "Jordan" I think. So I assumed. Or maybe I was reading Tenths at the time and just happened to look up...Whatever, thanks for putting me straight and it was a MAGNIFICENT move. Chalk one up to the Oldies

Old 11 Apr 2017, 19:47 (Ref:3725613)   #163
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
In their defence they must be a tough gig to work for as they are often recruiting for the same jobs at Goodwood!!.

That only usually happens when firms are not that great to work for in my experience
The Social Media Manager job was advertised recently. I considered applying as it's "what I do" but thought the same as you!

Old 11 Apr 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3725622)   #164
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Was it? Do I? ITV4 just said "Jordan" I think. So I assumed. Or maybe I was reading Tenths at the time and just happened to look up...Whatever, thanks for putting me straight and it was a MAGNIFICENT move. Chalk one up to the Oldies

Yes it was Mike pulling off that great move at Woodcote, I've seen him over the years in everything from Porsches, a variety of touring cars and even the Lister Storm at Castle Combe some years back in the British GT's when a on baking hot summers day he doused his balaclava in a water barrel and pulled it on dripping wet before putting his helmet on and climbing aboard to do his stint. Great racer and still just as quick(but annoyingly to Mike), not quite as quick as his offspring in some of the current historic racing cars although I watched the father /son pairing run away with another victory in their iconic Austin A40 at Brands Hatch last weekend. Always a pleasure to exchange a brief word with him in the pits.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3725956)   #165
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Goodwood have announced that next year's MM will be held on the same weekend in March- 17th & 18th to be precise.....