Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2003, 00:54 (Ref:747695)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Barg's demolition derby strategy

I can only assume he's planning on taking 39 cars out one by one, I dont think it's going to work.

What was/was'nt he thinking?

Do we have a shortage of quality drivers?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 00:57 (Ref:747696)   #2
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a disgraceful exhibition of driving from Bargs & if i was Larkham i'd be having a long hard look at his contract.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:00 (Ref:747699)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
The first one was just unfortunate (rears locking) but that was a bonehead move. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats not really a passing spot on the track is it?

He just got a black flag.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:06 (Ref:747706)   #4
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Between him and Besnard you might get half a brain, how many times does Besnard get into to trouble, his move was almost as bad as Bargs. They both should have a good hard look at themselves.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:11 (Ref:747708)   #5
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bargwanna wasn't think he never does. Talented drivers dont overtake over the top of Skyline. Bargwanna isn't very talented so why did he try......
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:17 (Ref:747713)   #6
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talented drivers take overtaking opportunities wherever they can - and this happens to be somewhere peole say 'you don;t overtake there' I have to question that persons ability - or would you prefer a procession?

You can't have it both ways - wither endorse processional racing or go motor racing - which is it?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:25 (Ref:747716)   #7
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
There's a difference though between making an overtaking move & being optimistic & i think Bargs was being the latter.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:36 (Ref:747722)   #8
RaceTime
Veteran

Why was he being optimistic - the was certainly wide enough there - and it wasn't Bargs that hit the other car - he turned in on Bargs.

Sorry -I can't understand this - when someone (anyone) tries to overtake another car, all of a sudden he is being called supid, optimistic or other names. Like I said - you can't have it both ways....

Just like the Tander/Jones lap 2 incident - Bowe calls Tander stupid (armchair crtic in this instance) - Jones gets out of the car - he queries Tander pushing so hard early in the race BUT he says 'That's racing...'
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:39 (Ref:747723)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Simplifying it a bit dont you think Racetime.

I never want to see a case where the stewards are so tough that drivers are afraid to pass, but on the same token I would hate to see a free for all where a 'lucky to not crash' driver wins.

Have a go? Yes, but within reason.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:45 (Ref:747726)   #10
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
I don't want it to become a procession but i'm still of the belief that Bargs was too far behind too have a crack at Wilson & in that case the penalty was justified. The unfortunate thing is it not only wrecked the other three cars races but also his own.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:48 (Ref:747727)   #11
Brock
Rookie

Brock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
Why was he being optimistic - the was certainly wide enough there - and it wasn't Bargs that hit the other car - he turned in on Bargs.

Sorry -I can't understand this - when someone (anyone) tries to overtake another car, all of a sudden he is being called supid, optimistic or other names. Like I said - you can't have it both ways....

Just like the Tander/Jones lap 2 incident - Bowe calls Tander stupid (armchair crtic in this instance) - Jones gets out of the car - he queries Tander pushing so hard early in the race BUT he says 'That's racing...'
The move was never on and Bargwanna was not far enough up on the other car to call it a legitamate move. Obviously you have a different view on good clean racing than me Race.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:51 (Ref:747728)   #12
RaceTime
Veteran

No - I obviously have a different view on the sanistised **** that has been going on for so long now that as soon as anyone dares to try and pass someone everyone starts crying foul.

jetsetter - yes - I agree it has ruined his and other chance - by the same token he also tried to pass on the one side these cars have a single rear vision mirror - it says a lot that Wilson, who must have know he was behind him, didn't use it when he couldn't see him behind the car.

Whether the pass was on or not anyy blame has to be apportioned between the two.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:54 (Ref:747729)   #13
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Talented drivers take overtaking opportunities wherever they can - and this happens to be somewhere peole say 'you don;t overtake there' I have to question that persons ability - or would you prefer a procession?

You can't have it both ways - wither endorse processional racing or go motor racing - which is it?
Sorry Race forgive me for questioning one of the most stupid moves in recent memory how dare me
Old 12 Oct 2003, 01:55 (Ref:747730)   #14
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
A big accident up at Skyline between Weel & Pretty, unfortunately Pretty spun & left Weel with nowhere to go.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 02:12 (Ref:747737)   #15
RaceTime
Veteran

question it all you like - simply saying that the category has, for the past 3-5 years been sanitised beyond belief and when someone does attempt to pass another everyone starts yelling about how stupid it was.

It takes two to tango - that part of the track IS wide enough for two cars - the cars DO have rear vision mirrors and some drivers should remember that there ARE cars behind them and that these cars WILL take every oppotunity to pass them.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 02:14 (Ref:747738)   #16
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bargwanna was doing a drive though penalty so he wasn't to blame for the Pretty incident however the bill Bargwanna has run up would frighten most people.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 02:24 (Ref:747739)   #17
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
question it all you like - simply saying that the category has, for the past 3-5 years been sanitised beyond belief and when someone does attempt to pass another everyone starts yelling about how stupid it was.

Your missing the point again...................
Old 12 Oct 2003, 02:29 (Ref:747743)   #18
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
So just to clarify RT, you think that was a well planned move with massive potential for success?

Or, you just like playing devils advocate?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 02:29 (Ref:747744)   #19
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
No one is questioning the need for passing just not things like Bargwanna tried to do. If you want to see that go the Speedway and watch a Demolishion Derby
Old 12 Oct 2003, 02:33 (Ref:747745)   #20
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
I think Mark Larkham would be questioning the move & wondering about the logic behind it.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 02:33 (Ref:747746)   #21
RaceTime
Veteran

devils advocate - you (and I) aregreat for being armchair critics - none of us are behind the wheel of the cars involved, we don;t know what the drivers are thinking or how they are doing things.

But it is really great to be able to criticise on here so frequently.

I just wonder how many of these 'critics' would actually fair if they were put in the same position as the drivers.

And if colinbond thinks I have missed the point - maybe I am not the only one.

Let's go processional racing...
Old 12 Oct 2003, 02:50 (Ref:747751)   #22
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I just wonder how many of these 'critics' would actually fair if they were put in the same position as the drivers.
Well we would get are arses kicked would'nt we. This is'nt a forum for V8 supercars drivers, but the fans.

It looked a silly move, and it probably was. Thats not to say he should'nt be a race driver, the best drivers on this planet make bonehead moves. But when it happens we, and other drivers should be allowed to say so.

I dont see too many jumping to your position either RT. Whats more likely, these posters and the stewards are wrong, and you are right, or the other way around?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 02:59 (Ref:747752)   #23
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
But it is really great to be able to criticise on here so frequently.

At least some of us have put our money where our mouths are and had a go.

I forgot again, stupid me that only a few people here know anything about Racing
Old 12 Oct 2003, 03:03 (Ref:747753)   #24
RaceTime
Veteran

Ummm so what, drivers aren't welcome here? Sorry - this is a forum for anyone - not just the fans. No doubt some of these unwelcomes wil be here on Tuesday or Wed and give their views.

Maybe it did appear to be a silly move - but go grab a tape and look at it - Bargs did not drive into Wilson - Wilson turned into Bargs - doesn't this imply to anyone who can see clearly that maybe, just maybe, that in this instance Wilson wasn't looking??

Why are the stewards wrong? AFAIK Bargs hasn't been penalised - but, even if he had been, we both know the stewards can and do overreact (I should ask, if they had penalised Bargs - why wasn't Tander penalised for his lap 2 tabgle with Jones? Bowe called it stupid, Jones called it racing..)

not too many jumping to my position - maybe not - like you say - doesn't mean I am right (or wrong) - but I never said I was - merely that it is very easy to be a critic from the comfort of thelounge room.

And besides - it has cretead a discussion - hasn't it?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 03:06 (Ref:747754)   #25
RaceTime
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
At least some of us have put our money where our mouths are and had a go.

I forgot again, stupid me that only a few people here know anything about Racing
What is it? You don't like anyone else having a differing view of yours?

And, just for your info, my income is derived 100% from motor racing - not that it is anyone elses business - so yes I do put my money where my mouth is and if I call a spade a bloody shovel - so be it.