Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Oct 2008, 10:33 (Ref:2305981)   #1
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HSCC races at the WHT

Two HSCC races (open and closed wheel) are taking place at the WHT.
Who is thinking of having a run out ?
Should be good.....!
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2306019)   #2
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any regs online? Don't think they'll let me play but would be nice to see
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2306027)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Can I be let into secret.What is or where is or what time is WHT?
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:48 (Ref:2306031)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Walter Hayes Trophy, at Silverstone. Don't know when though.

BTW. JEB is James Beckett from the BRDC.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:50 (Ref:2306032)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Walter Hayes Trophy the FF meeting 1st/2nd November. Would love to support this as I had a lot of fun last year but already engaged in a more winter sport on the Saturday and the HSCC closed wheel race is normally on the Saturday
Old 7 Oct 2008, 11:51 (Ref:2306034)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDC Website
A full timetable for the Walter Hayes Trophy weekend will be available from the Historic Sports Car Club (HSCC) shortly: www.hscc.org.uk

*Competitors wishing to obtain entry forms, can do so by contacting: info@walterhayestrophy.co.uk
Old 7 Oct 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2306048)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I have asked if I can come out to play and am still awaiting a decision??
Old 14 Oct 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2311925)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone here entering? Not a bad deal, £150 for 40km.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 08:01 (Ref:2311930)   #9
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
its actually a great meeting albeit on the club circuit and if I wasn't shooting that day I would go (the HSCC race is normally on the Saturday)
Old 14 Oct 2008, 08:38 (Ref:2311962)   #10
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Desperately trying to find a timetable, HSCC website hasn't been updated for ages - anyone know where i could find a timetable...

I am having a go in the Ginetta challenge race at the Walter Hayes..... Something different to try.....
Old 14 Oct 2008, 08:44 (Ref:2311967)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

best to call HSCC office...
Old 14 Oct 2008, 08:50 (Ref:2311971)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Alan at HSCC has just told me its currently one race and qually all on the Saturday, 40 kms or around 12 laps.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2311975)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
its actually a great meeting albeit on the club circuit and if I wasn't shooting that day I would go
Is this the new "Bond" or one of the other genre you get picked for? :P
Old 14 Oct 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2311997)   #14
simon drabble
Veteran

if I tell you I would have to kill you!
Old 14 Oct 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2312014)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have just stuck an entry in, I tried to do one in 2005 and never even made to grid as the clutch stuck in the assembly area and burnt out.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2312192)   #16
Highworth
Rookie

England
Wiltshire
Highworth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I did this one last year for first time, and it was a nice end to the season, and interesting to be amongst some different cars, therefore I put my entry in a few weeks ago (dark blue Europa TC No 10). I think Teddington Ted was doing same with his Morgan +4, and may find out at this weekends HSCC finals who else from HRS & 70's has entered. Seem to recall Chevrons etc up front do about 15 laps, 13 laps for me. Look forward to meeting up with some of you.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2312318)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
As I understand it or it was in 05 they have the race for BRDC members or young guns(?) and I think its those that the slicks etc like the Mosler when I was there went into. As I understand it the historic race if for treaded tyre shod cars, may be wrong of course but thats how I read it.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 12:33 (Ref:2320528)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Got my final instructions today, blimey don't hold up much chance for me and the old girl as there are Lotus, Chevrons, Mustangs, a Grifiths 400, E-Type etc etc entered, should be fun. Not a bad entry actually with 22 cars thus far and some interesting looking kit.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 25 Oct 2008 at 12:35.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 19:23 (Ref:2320716)   #19
Moosehead
Veteran

Al, just realised this is a 2 day meeting. Which day you racing?
Old 25 Oct 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2320725)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Saturday only Wayne unless they invite me into the secretary's challenge race on the Sunday but I cannot see that happening although the entry for that looks a bit thin. Can't you get the Mussie out Wayne there is two entered already never been up against one before in my tub should be interesting?

Last edited by Al Weyman; 25 Oct 2008 at 19:44.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2320752)   #21
Moosehead
Veteran

Saturday - Great, that works good for me. Will be there but only to spectate I'm afraid.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2320758)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Look forward to seeing you, I will bring the garment.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2325544)   #23
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Good to meet you Al, and happy to note you seemed cheerful enough, despite your issues...

Hammer and chisel repairs to bonnet closing are Character Building, they tell me.
Hope your cunning plans work out as discussed.

At least the afternoon rain held off till they lit the bonfire!
Old 2 Nov 2008, 08:19 (Ref:2325702)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Nice to meet you Tim, i thought I had problems till I see the lightweight E-Type go off heavily on the first bend after that I lost heart to be honest and the way they were all spinning off I thought if I just poodle around I am gonna win this as even the Chevrons were going off. Not to be of course but in my book I still beat the other camaro as he had outsinde assistance from the marshals after he beached it! (only joking he deserved to beat me ) Mind you I was amazed when he drove by me on the way home (not trailered!) that car handled so much better than mine although I had more power down the straight I think I need to do some serious rethinking on the suspension side and if any one knows the guy (Alan Rivers) or he posts on here I would seriously like some tips! Personally I think I just have way too much roll bar back and front and in the wet it is just riduculous as witnessed when I slammed her in to the pit wall after ever so gently applying power, that just cannot be right!

Oh BTW big thankyou to Moosehead and Richard and the lads from the Double 00 team for getting me back out, well done lads!

Last edited by Al Weyman; 2 Nov 2008 at 08:22.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2325708)   #25
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds like you had an interesting day, Al!

Al's race results are here but you have to type in the page number, which is 49, because clicking on the race classification doesn't take you there (or didn't just now, anyway). A very eclectic mix of cars in that race!:-

http://www.tsl-timing.com/hscc/2008/84456.pdf

(PS - Al your question re whether Andy Neate was wearing a HANS device has been answered but is in a new thread in Racers, if you haven't caught up with it yet)