Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:44 (Ref:2943129)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great close battle for pole in GT. Good stuff! 56 grabs another pole....
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2943131)   #52
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'd second that. GTC cars are fun to watch slide around the track during q'ing.

Who would have thought Farnbacher would be the slowest in class? not me!

Ditto on both there! I love the GTC class, they're a lot of fun to watch.

56 on pole again...and I was really expecting Risi to pull one out finally, but the 56 car is once again the class of the field.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2943132)   #53
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
0,005 seconds off but could've been better without the ford messing up everything at the end... very anticlimatic with the bimmers, but 2nd and 6th is good enough
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2943135)   #54
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jon Field must be taking out his anger at the IRS in his LMPC. Whoa!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:53 (Ref:2943136)   #55
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gunnar needs to go raid Intersport's garage, haha.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2943137)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Field looks like he's trying to decide his undertray. Nailed that curb hard didn't he?
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2943138)   #57
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Anybody notice how the Jag was only 0.3 seconds off of last years pole!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2943143)   #58
AGD
Veteran

Butch P1. No surprise there!

I wonder how many of those LMPC guys will have to change their tires after those spins.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2943145)   #59
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah for sure. As much as I enjoy GTC I really could do without LMPC. Seems as though they have more spinners and accidents than all the other classes combined. Combined with the fact they have a very flat exhaust note...if they sounded like the Corvettes I think I'd change my mind a bit...
Old 19 Aug 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2943146)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Field looks like he's trying to decide his undertray. Nailed that curb hard didn't he?
...he had an "eventful" session.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2943148)   #61
AGD
Veteran

Wow, Kane almost stole pole there. Good job by him. I wonder what Guy could have done, but anyway, I guess those MZR-Rs are being tuned down quite a bit for the race sessions because they are pretty close in qualifying trim. Then again, I don't think Muscle Milk pushed nearly as hard as they could have either.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2943149)   #62
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autocon should ask for a refund, didn't even see them. Saw the Level5 once but had forgotten Autocon was even there
Old 19 Aug 2011, 21:25 (Ref:2943154)   #63
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Autocon should ask for a refund, didn't even see them. Saw the Level5 once but had forgotten Autocon was even there
I don't know. It's Autocon, they should be pretty used to it by now! I think their pace has been ok this weekend. Not good, but ok. Better than in the past couple of races for sure, but I guess the restrictor break can account for some of that.

I'm pretty impressed with the pace of the Lola-HPD LMP2. It was a little less than 5 seconds off the LMP1 pole pace. That's not too bad at a track like Road America. It'll be interesting to see what the ARX-01g can do.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2943158)   #64
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure Autocon are busy celebrating the fact that they were actually faster than Level 5!
Old 20 Aug 2011, 06:37 (Ref:2943235)   #65
AGD
Veteran

It looks like there will be a 30-40% chance of rain during the race. It looks like it could be another wild one, but we will have to see what happens.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2943314)   #66
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
It looks like there will be a 30-40% chance of rain during the race. It looks like it could be another wild one, but we will have to see what happens.
I always love a rain race (when I'm not there)! I'm sure Falken are drooling over the possibility too.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2943317)   #67
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I always love a rain race (when I'm not there)! I'm sure Falken are drooling over the possibility too.
Yes, please, joeb; let's avoid that four letter word in late Sept, early Oct. Although we need ALL can get around here.

But having an on and off wet race always makes things interesting...not sure I've ever watched a wet one at RA.

Gonna be a busy (or lazy) Saturday afternoon with this and another fender car event going on about the same time.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2943326)   #68
Deleted
Veteran

Almsnotes appears to play down the chance of rain...

Quote:
Gooooooooood morning from @RoadAmerica. Some rain in Sheboygan overnight but we'll be fine for this afternoon's #ALMS race (35 minutes ago)
Old 20 Aug 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2943354)   #69
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What time does the race start UK time?

Given the ALMS site feed is only available to international viewers they really need to make it easier to see broadcast times in various parts of the world.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 16:45 (Ref:2943356)   #70
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
What time does the race start UK time?

Given the ALMS site feed is only available to international viewers they really need to make it easier to see broadcast times in various parts of the world.
I also get confused sometimes because event schedules are always in local track time, which could be 3 different time zones here.... but then the homepage lists the race times in eastern time. It shouldn't be this confusing....
Old 20 Aug 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2943357)   #71
Deleted
Veteran

Race start is 3PM local, meaning 11PM here and 9PM in the UK. It's not that hard
Old 20 Aug 2011, 16:58 (Ref:2943360)   #72
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It says right at the top of the live stream page what time it starts in the UK and has done all year. http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=live
Old 20 Aug 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2943364)   #73
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe I'm dumb but when I click on the homepage I first see 'WAYS TO WATCH: WHAT, WHERE, & WHEN'.

Scroll down and I see '4 WAYS TO WATCH…', only to be linked to a promo video.

You shouldn't have to search for the live stream.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2943366)   #74
Deleted
Veteran

The link only appears on the front page when the session is on, so you should really bookmark it as the address never changes anyways...

Nothing spectacular happened during the (damp) warm-up so we're good to go
Old 20 Aug 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2943373)   #75
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
It would be nice to see a good result from Wilden in the XKR. They've been getting better and better (relatively)