Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Mar 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2649070)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Villeneuve finalises F1 race deal

He will be on BBC 5 Live at the weekend.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81968

Old 10 Mar 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2649077)   #2
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2649090)   #3
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He'll probably start really well, but then go off and start talking about his career, fall out with Crofty, leave the booth for a while, then get invited back, not do so well, and eventually asked nicely to leave after he falls off his chair and replaced by a younger, better commentator
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2649092)   #4
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
...replaced by a younger, better commentator
But not before spending a while saying how he'll wipe the floor with them and subsequently being made to look a fool.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2649094)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
*snigger*
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2649096)   #6
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And then spending a few hours trying different commentary booths and then trying to get back into the BBC booth, despite not taking the hint
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2649101)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That should be interesting - JV always has been a much better talker than driver.

That said, if he brings the attitude he had last summer at a few stock car races I saw him at, he may dissapoint - he's humbled quite a bit since his F1 days, and was actually seemed like a pretty nice guy towards fans and media (which is the opposite of the stories I've heard from his F1 days). I'm not sure that makes for interesting radio.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2649102)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Has he been for his mic-fitting?
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2649123)   #9
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh My God, i was engullfed with amazement when i saw the title.

But if Jacques is as outspoken as usual, should be entertaining
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2649130)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably not quite the comeback he envisaged.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2649147)   #11
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for Ralf Schumacher, he's a marshal at turn 4 apparently....
Old 10 Mar 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2649163)   #12
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
As for Ralf Schumacher, he's a marshal at turn 4 apparently....
Nice!
Old 10 Mar 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2649165)   #13
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He only got the job because Mansell didn't fit in the commentary booth..
Old 10 Mar 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2649172)   #14
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be happy, as long as he don't start singing,
maybe this is a ploy to reinvent his pop career....
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2649237)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Knowlesy, for seconds I thought about my last action, it all came back in a flashback, thank you !

And then I read the news !!!!

Old 11 Mar 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2649314)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
We are relentless aren't we, now that is bloody funny...
Old 11 Mar 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2649485)   #17
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
Quote:
Dunno. Do they make mics for mouths as big as his?
Old 11 Mar 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2649519)   #18
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was about to say something about talking out of his ass, but then i remembered that this is a family oriented forum
Old 11 Mar 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2649524)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Absolutely hilarious.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 12:22 (Ref:2649532)   #20
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Absolutely hilarious.
Can I detect a modicum of sarcasm?
Old 11 Mar 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2649536)   #21
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's daunting to be sitting here about to say what I think....

Here Goes, as a driver, I ranked JV as good as Mika, Kimi and several others who happened to fall into the right place at the right time (ie, they were all over-rated). DC and RB aren't any better, just maybe more PC in their dealings with the media.
I met JV a couple of times and found him nice enough as a motorsport personality towards fans etc. I don't have any issue with him being outspoken and having opinions, after all wasn't he the first to complain about grooved tyres in the 90's?

Maybe because f his father's legacy, maybe because of his private education, he's rubbed people up the wrong way, but alot of his time in F1 was managed by the Pollock, who really did interfere with JV's attitude towards others.

It's funny really, people speak of how boring F1 drivers are. They don't have opinions etc, they are all corporate, and when a driver speaks out the fans and press ridicule him.
To me, the interesting characters of the last few years are, Briatore, Alonso, Villeneuve, Rossi. It always strikes me as odd that Bernie is forever telling Rossi that F1 needs him. I just know if he moved across, F1 would stifle his exuberance and make him PC.
Look back at James Hunt, Ayrton Senna, Nelson Piquet Snr, Rosberg, Lauda.
Everyone a hard man who took no s**t off anyone...
DC left Mclaren and went to Red Bull and stopped shaving and just this alone seemed to add to his character.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2649541)   #22
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
Despite my mickey taking, I have no issues with JV being a bit of a loud mouth. F1 needs it's characters and most of the drivers on the grid are dull-as-dishwater PR mouth pieces.

Sure, I find his loud mouthing quite funny and think he comes across as a bit of a fool occasionally, but at least he speaks his mind.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2649546)   #23
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Knowles, at its best, this thread is just moderately interesting.

Sorry fellas, as you were.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2649578)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Can I detect a modicum of sarcasm?
Oh no, he was dead serious.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2649586)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Well, seriously, "Here Goes", after all he's making money, isn't it all we're looking for ?

Don't answer, that's a rhetorical question.

The most challenging thing in life for a man, is to know when one reaches his point of ignorance. All other things are forgiven.