Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Nov 2016, 20:49 (Ref:3692202)   #1351
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What works in Europe may not work here. The teams I have contacts with in the series all think it's silly, and the only reason they're entering Sprint-X rounds is so they can race more than 5 times a year.
To add to this, the Blancpain Sprint Series struggled for entries against the Endurance series. To tackle this they had some rules about entering the Spa24 requiring a Sprint entry or something. So it wasn't THAT popular in Europe either.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 21:18 (Ref:3692208)   #1352
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
To add to this, the Blancpain Sprint Series struggled for entries against the Endurance series. To tackle this they had some rules about entering the Spa24 requiring a Sprint entry or something. So it wasn't THAT popular in Europe either.

It was at around 35 entries all year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 Nov 2016, 21:50 (Ref:3692214)   #1353
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Gainsco moving from McLaren to Porsche 911 GT3 R for next year

Well now that's interesting. Now they have a car they can run in IMSA too even if that hasn't been announced as their intentions. Otherwise it seems like a downgrade from the McLaren.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 21:53 (Ref:3692217)   #1354
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Up from typically <20 the year before, because of the aforementioned thing with the participation in sprint being necessary to do Spa and increased prize-€€€s.
Old 29 Nov 2016, 22:51 (Ref:3692233)   #1355
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Up from typically <20 the year before, because of the aforementioned thing with the participation in sprint being necessary to do Spa and increased prize-€€€s.

I see no issue with the tie in of doing full Blancpain GT to get full prize money.

It's not like the move was unpopular, it's caused a season of far bigger grids and some really great racing.

Old 29 Nov 2016, 23:27 (Ref:3692237)   #1356
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Gainsco moving from McLaren to Porsche 911 GT3 R for next year

Really surprising move. Maybe Porsche's support capabilities are more what Gainsco was looking for?
Old 30 Nov 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3692437)   #1357
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gainsco seems all over the place. I kind of figured they were in cost saving mode 2 years ago, now consecutive years with new gt3 cars. I hope they run some imsa rounds..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Dec 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3692758)   #1358
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder if they'll keep their McLaren, or if they'll sell it?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 00:23 (Ref:3692848)   #1359
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Really surprising move. Maybe Porsche's support capabilities are more what Gainsco was looking for?
That's probably part of it, but I'm wondering if Fogarty was more comfortable in the Porsche?
Old 2 Dec 2016, 01:38 (Ref:3692860)   #1360
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
That's probably part of it, but I'm wondering if Fogarty was more comfortable in the Porsche?
Makes sense, he drove for the Lizards in GT2 in 05 and JDX in GT Cup in 13, so he has plenty of experience with them.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3693007)   #1361
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read somewhere that Fogarty / Gainsco had some trouble coming to grips with what the McLaren liked as far as set up goes, and that they never got it dialed in to where he felt he could get the car to do what he wanted. He said something about having to drive around the set up basically.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3693128)   #1362
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
More on the R Ferri situation:
Quote:
Pirelli USA ‏@PirelliUSA 3h3 hours ago Daytona International Speedway Look what stopped by at @DISupdates for the #FerrariFM16! Who is excited to see this beast running in #PWC next year? @WCRacing

Ferrari of Ontario and World Challenge

Old 2 Dec 2016, 22:24 (Ref:3693206)   #1363
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

It was 35 all year because of the tie on with the Spa24. Before that it had a low car count. The format wasn't that popular.
Old 3 Dec 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3693361)   #1364
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long returns w/ Wright http://nasportscar.com/long-will-be-...llenge-season/
Old 4 Dec 2016, 06:48 (Ref:3693485)   #1365
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
That is awesome news!
Old 4 Dec 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3693636)   #1366
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Fantastic to hear. Bring on 2017!
Old 5 Dec 2016, 08:51 (Ref:3693785)   #1367
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
everybody's gotten over the cringe displayed at Laguna Seca for a joke of a season finale yet? I haven't yet. There's still plenty of time to forget about it though and reach the state where I, too, will say, 'bring it on'.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3693888)   #1368
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
everybody's gotten over the cringe displayed at Laguna Seca for a joke of a season finale yet? I haven't yet. There's still plenty of time to forget about it though and reach the state where I, too, will say, 'bring it on'.
That's a common theme by some in this thread.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3693944)   #1369
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's the current situation with streaming for next year? Stream quality used to be decent and the races were uploaded to youtube. Then with the motortrend and CBS sports deals, the series became really difficult to follow. Even the live streams that weren't blocked were extremely poor quality. Has the situation improved in the last year or so?

It's a shame because the quality of the field looks quite good.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 18:37 (Ref:3693957)   #1370
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
What's the current situation with streaming for next year? Stream quality used to be decent and the races were uploaded to youtube. Then with the motortrend and CBS sports deals, the series became really difficult to follow. Even the live streams that weren't blocked were extremely poor quality. Has the situation improved in the last year or so?

It's a shame because the quality of the field looks quite good.
This year, there was a couple of races with really bad streams at the start of the season. After that, it improved and the rest of the streams were pretty decent.

They haven't announced anything yet for 2017, as far as I know. However, five of the rounds are supposed to be same-day CBS Sports broadcasts, which could affect whether there will be a stream for them.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 5 Dec 2016 at 18:52.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3693969)   #1371
Bcarr6
Veteran

This series went from pioneering with its streams to unattainable

Old 6 Dec 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3694019)   #1372
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
And then placed them behind a paywall.

Still not forgotten the finale here either, but I'm sure by March I'll be eager for more and a great field will overcome my cynicism of each race devolving into a yellow flag-fest.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 05:27 (Ref:3694077)   #1373
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Some GTS news:
Quote:
RacersEdgeMotorsport ‏@RacersEdgeMS 3m3 minutes ago Matte black! Sinful. Jason Bell purchased a new SIN R1 GT4 and will join our team for the 2017 @WCRacing season.

Old 6 Dec 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3694173)   #1374
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Those cars "sound" so bad.

...and by sound I mean they're silent and it's weird. Like they only rev to 2800.
Old 6 Dec 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3694186)   #1375
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This series went from pioneering with its streams to unattainable

Yep. I became a fan because of their streaming options and excellent archives. Of any major series making backwards moves, this has to rank near the top.