Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Sep 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3573177)   #51
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
ROFL.

Aren't those cured with penicillin?
I'll tell you what I'm not bringing this year - An illness or ailment of any sort. I though I was going to die last year.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3573214)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'll tell you what I'm not bringing this year - An illness or ailment of any sort. I though I was going to die last year.
Yes. Please be well. ALL of us and the Field Fam. No illnesses.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3574299)   #53
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is about the time I start making and re-making check lists for the camp site. I don't even know why I do it because it's always the same, and I usually forget something small and have to make a trip to Walmart or somewhere by Wednesday afternoon.
Old 16 Sep 2015, 20:20 (Ref:3574301)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
this is about the time I start making and re-making check lists for the camp site. I don't even know why I do it because it's always the same, and I usually forget something small and have to make a trip to Walmart or somewhere by Wednesday afternoon.
Me too. I always bring the same thing, but never keep my list from year to year and end up forgetting something.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3574369)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With the past weekend, this weekend and the next being jammed with stuff I have to prepare for, I'll be doing what I normally do - searching for buried items and throwing things together Tuesday evening. Afterwards, I'll proceed to chunking stuff into the car in a very disorderly fashion.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 12:52 (Ref:3574385)   #56
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure glad I live 6 miles from the track.
Old 17 Sep 2015, 16:53 (Ref:3574430)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I'm sure glad I live 6 miles from the track.
Pretty sure you are the winner, that regard. canamman and some others could be in the runner up spot with myself, JHamilton and some "others" are probably close for the next spots.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 01:15 (Ref:3574514)   #58
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
I am really bad at the 'let's meet here or there' thing at PLM, so I usually try to wear a hat that no one else is likely to have during the weekend. (I've actually met a lot of folks from here and various other interweb sites with this tactic.
This is my selection for 2015:

This is where we set up camp (outside the entry to turn 10a):

stop by and drink cold adult beverages.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 12:30 (Ref:3574600)   #59
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^^^ Our group camps in the grove of trees (upper right) on the other side of the access road bordered by the Vendor Row parking lot. Just look for the banners that say "Your Favorite Driver Sucks".
Old 18 Sep 2015, 12:44 (Ref:3574607)   #60
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

You mean a cold adult beverage that was purchased at the track because county law forbids bringing alcohol into the facility?

I'll look for you when I'm over in that neck of the woods. There is a group of tenthers that stays at turn 4. Not sure to tell you what to look for. Maybe some flags, maybe a pop up camper, or maybe a drunk guy with a beard passed out in a chair......
Old 18 Sep 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3574626)   #61
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Burn, joeb, burn.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3574628)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Hey that could be a lot of people....
Old 18 Sep 2015, 15:19 (Ref:3574629)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Hey that could be a lot of people....
Like LSU fans in Krystal?
Old 18 Sep 2015, 15:38 (Ref:3574632)   #64
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!

I thought this would be more useful than SEC fans *****ing.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 15:50 (Ref:3574636)   #65
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I don't remember seeing that arrow onsite it must wash away before I get there!
Old 18 Sep 2015, 16:25 (Ref:3574645)   #66
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The red arrow is actually pointing to turn 4, not turn 3, as some once thought.

And it's red. Good color choice.
Old 18 Sep 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3574704)   #67
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I am really bad at the 'let's meet here or there' thing at PLM, so I usually try to wear a hat that no one else is likely to have during the weekend. (I've actually met a lot of folks from here and various other interweb sites with this tactic.
This is my selection for 2015:

That hat is badass. I've never seen anything like that. Have you ever seen other tracks?
Old 18 Sep 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3574721)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Like LSU fans in Krystal?
well, that was a woman, so yes.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 00:34 (Ref:3574791)   #69
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Not the video I saw...

No rain! The weather pattern here has been 2 wks of dry and 1 straight week of rain. Looks like the rain this coming week so No Rain!

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 19 Sep 2015 at 00:46.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 00:44 (Ref:3574794)   #70
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
It never rains at Petit
Old 19 Sep 2015, 00:50 (Ref:3574796)   #71
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Keep telling yourself that.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 00:51 (Ref:3574797)   #72
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
That was a very sturdy woman then.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 01:06 (Ref:3574802)   #73
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I guess I never watched the video.....
Old 19 Sep 2015, 01:37 (Ref:3574809)   #74
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That hat is badass. I've never seen anything like that. Have you ever seen other tracks?
Thanks.
I have a pretty cool hat from Spa, but the only other track map one I have ever seen/owned was one from the green hell and I lost it a long time ago.
Old 21 Sep 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3575673)   #75
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Getting close to a week away. Someone may need to start a race thread soon...

Anyone know of a changes at the track itself? Over the last 4 or 5 years, there's something new or different every time I go.