Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

View Poll Results: Which day do you prefer for Track Days?
Saturday 1 20.00%
Sunday 1 20.00%
ANY DAY 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Feb 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1215636)   #1
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Preffered day for a UK Track Day Event

So which day do you prefer given the choice of Saturday or Sunday?

I am conducting this poll on behalf of the BMSA with the sole purpose of getting a fix on which day will be the most succesful for organisrers up and down the country to go for.

Thanks for your participation.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1216027)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Most I go to tend to be in the week. Weekends tend to be for racing. It is a day off work, but once in a while it works well. Our club track day is always mid-week. A lot of [i]test[/] days tend to be midweek too, e.g. Mallory Park's excellent Wednesday morning (afternoon for bikes) sessions.

Also evening track days work well, if local.
Old 4 Feb 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1217295)   #3
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
None Racers

I can understand where Adam is coming from. As a competitor the mid-week track day is great for testing but I get the feeling there are a lot of Track Dayers who do not race/hillclimb/sprint. Therefore a week-end date should meet their needs?
Old 10 Feb 2005, 23:29 (Ref:1222537)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True, there is a definite advantage to weekends - you don't need time off work and we need to work to pay for track days!

On the subject of money, aren't weekend track days more expensive?
Old 11 Feb 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1222801)   #5
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Two day 'meetings'

Some of the organisers are contemplating hiring their venue for two days. This can often lead to a reduction in costs compared to the rental of two single days. The concept would be to run a track day on the Saturday, if this would be viable, with the sprint on the Sunday. Obviously some of the sprinters would avail themselves of this facility. What I am trying to gauge is the interest in week-end track-days and which day would be most popular? After all it is pointless embarking on this sort of exercise only to find no one turning up!
Old 13 Feb 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1224344)   #6
pootles
Rookie

United Kingdom
Berkshire
pootles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't Forget Us!

Some of us tracksters are shift workers. Any day of the week would be good. The only perfect option is that all track days are planned around my shift. How about it Ad???? Wishful thinking hey!