Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 28 Nov 2006, 17:23 (Ref:1776820)   #26
karting legend
Rookie

karting legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Ireland web site ... Team management to re-think approach i just wonder.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1778600)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Team GBR are trying to protest Team German's win in the feature race because they push-started the car when Hulkenberg stalled after the pit stop - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55834

It all seems a bit bit feeble to me. Even if he was given a 30 second time penalty, he would still win! I know points and prize money are at stake, but even so...
Old 30 Nov 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1778666)   #28
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not as if it's many points either. Prize money maybe..... Germany were the best on the day and that's the way it should lie really.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1778842)   #29
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Team GBR are trying to protest Team German's win in the feature race because they push-started the car when Hulkenberg stalled after the pit stop - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55834

It all seems a bit bit feeble to me. Even if he was given a 30 second time penalty, he would still win! I know points and prize money are at stake, but even so...
is it not the same as when team GB were moved from 4th to 10th in the qualifying for being 4mm to wide also last season someone had tape on thier body and also someone had shaved off a head of a bolt, all rediculas things but teams were peanalised. If they did have a penalty they would hae to give them one that made an effect cos thier penalty in qualifying didn't.
Germany did run a great race but rules are rules, they can't waver anything cos other teams will want the same when they screw up. Look at WSR they were still contesting after the season had ended, more or less.
Old 30 Nov 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1779103)   #30
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Germany didn't break the rule though -

Quote:

Team GBR's case is based around a rule which reads: "A supplementary device temporarily connected to the car may only be used to start the engine in the pits or on the starting grid."

Team GBR believe that this means a car cannot be started with any other method.

However, the stewards took the view that this means an electric starter may only be used on the grid or in the pits.
The stewards interpretation is how that rule reads gramatically
Old 1 Dec 2006, 08:24 (Ref:1779271)   #31
nev
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outflat
Germany didn't break the rule though -

The stewards interpretation is how that rule reads gramatically
"A supplementary device temporarily connected to the car may only be used to start the engine in the pits or on the starting grid."

I think they think that people pushing the car is a supplementary device !!

Again in auotosport it states that you are allowed to bump the start on the race track and the stewards see the pit lane as part of the race track.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 17:43 (Ref:1779721)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
outflat is absolutely right.

Team GBR are interpreting the regulation as though it read:

"Only a supplementary device temporarily connected to the car may be used to start the engine in the pits or on the starting grid."

If you move the word 'only' to the beginning of the sentence, it reads quite differently, but that's not how it was written.

I don't think they will get anywhere with their protest, but we'll see...
Old 2 Dec 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1780205)   #33
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think GBR should be careful - they don't want to annoy the powers that be with silly protests. I know money is at stake, but it can't be how they want to win a race ...
Old 2 Dec 2006, 22:33 (Ref:1780541)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They were beaten and that's that, push start or not.

Please can we just move onto the next race and try to win that one rather than protest over something that really isn't worth it? Thanks.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 16:38 (Ref:1780994)   #35
nev
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
They were beaten and that's that, push start or not.

Please can we just move onto the next race and try to win that one rather than protest over something that really isn't worth it? Thanks.
nice attitude
taking this issue aside -
if one team wins over another through breaking the rules you think they should keep the win, how does that work !!
my opinion has nothing to do with team GBR i feel that if you break the rules you should be punished
Old 3 Dec 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1781025)   #36
outflat
Racer

But they didn't break the rules - you're deliberately misinterpreting the rules to support team GBR.

And Germany didn't win solely because of being push started in the pitlane - they were a country mile ahead.

This isn't the way to win a race - by splitting hairs and moaning. GBR needs to win one on the track fair and square - and I have a feeling it could happen next weekend.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1781155)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nobody has broken any rules. Hence the protest is the stuff of wild fantasy and inherently pointless.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1781223)   #38
nev
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Nobody has broken any rules. Hence the protest is the stuff of wild fantasy and inherently pointless.
Have the results of the protest been announced !!
Old 3 Dec 2006, 23:58 (Ref:1781249)   #39
outflat
Racer

People who watched the race know who won.

Changing it now would be wrong for so many reasons.

I can't honestly believe Robbie Kerr or Team GBR would want to win it like this.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1781689)   #40
nev
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outflat
People who watched the race know who won.

Changing it now would be wrong for so many reasons.

I can't honestly believe Robbie Kerr or Team GBR would want to win it like this.
Why would they contest it then if they didn't want the win !!
Old 4 Dec 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1781728)   #41
madmed
Rookie

madmed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nev
Why would they contest it then if they didn't want the win !!
For the prize money!
Old 4 Dec 2006, 15:49 (Ref:1781735)   #42
nev
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmed
For the prize money!

It was paul Anthony who put in the protest not the team owners , i doubt neither he or robbie see any of the prize money
Old 7 Dec 2006, 02:44 (Ref:1783754)   #43
outflat
Racer

Protest was thrown out in any case
Old 7 Dec 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1784005)   #44
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
And now Germany are complaining about Team GB in the press ... we could see a classive Germany vs GB rivalry hyped by the press if it continues ...
Old 7 Dec 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1784008)   #45
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I doubt it really. It is a nothing issue and shall be forgotten in a few days.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1784028)   #46
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Absolutely. I can't wait for Sentul to start, then this will become history. Team GBR have now accepted they're fighting a losing battle, but want a rules clarification - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55935
Old 7 Dec 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1784032)   #47
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Knowsley.

It will soon be forgotten (this weekend I suspect). Technical challenges are part and parcel of motorsport. I don't expect either team will take it personally.

Anyway, what's wrong with a bit of healthy rivalry. It gets people talking and interested.

I think it will make for a cracking race weekend. Germany are on a charge so far this season, GB are improving every race, and took pole last season. Bring it on!

Here's hoping that on Sunday I'm hoarse through cheering on GB's fist win.

I can't wait.

Oh, and in the interests of impartiallity good luck to the other nations.