Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Sep 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2759961)   #326
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is the 40K for the whole weekend? Even then, I'd also doubt the figure from the numbers I saw.
At least 20k were trying to get an autograph from "your Nige"....
Old 15 Sep 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2759984)   #327
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
were they giving free ice-cream ?? .. i would understand the 20k in that case

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Sep 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2759992)   #328
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
were they giving free ice-cream ?? .. i would understand the 20k in that case
blasphemious remark, how dare you comparing Nige to an ice-cream....
Old 15 Sep 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2760020)   #329
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Where did the 40k figure come from, couldn't see it in that report. Was busier than I had expected but based on what I've seen at other meetings it didn't seem like 40k. Of course always difficult to judge when the GP circuit is in use.
It's an article that appears to be based around a Peugeot press release.

http://www.eurotuner.com/news/eurp_1...one/index.html

Sun report

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...lverstone.html
Old 15 Sep 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2760068)   #330
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I have one major gripe. Why, why, why, when it was open on Saturday, was the new Becketts grandstand closed on Sunday? We made our way down there for the start of the race, only to find it completely locked and bolted (and that's how it remained for the entire race)!
I was flagging at Becketts In and we had a few disgruntled spectators asking us that very question. I had to agree with their point, but unfortunately it's been so long since I've been that side of the fence I really couldn't give an answer. I know there's been cases in the past where grandstands weren't open if there wasn't a steward to man them, but it seems ridiculous that you can apparently trust spectators on rough ground and dodgy slopes, but not on a purpose built grandstand. Poor show, Silverstone.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2760093)   #331
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Particularly as we'd sat in it on Saturday, thought what a great view it was, and banked on watching the start of the race from there on Sunday - disappointing......
Old 16 Sep 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2760281)   #332
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
blasphemious remark, how dare you comparing Nige to an ice-cream....
Have you tasted the ice creams?
I eat a bunch of them at Le Mans paddock... i'll bet they taste better than Nigel
Old 16 Sep 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2760282)   #333
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
It's an article that appears to be based around a Peugeot press release.

http://www.eurotuner.com/news/eurp_1...one/index.html

Sun report

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...lverstone.html
True, and also on the LMS website:

Quote:
Is the 40K for the whole weekend? Even then, I'd also doubt the figure from the numbers I saw.
As far as i can tell, and that was the case at Portimão, the numbers came from the tickets sold or given for the whole wekend.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 12:46 (Ref:2760335)   #334
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Silverstone is a such a BIG place, 40K people can get lost in it!
It was very quiet on Friday when I was there, but looking at some pix, there did seem to be a fair few around the Complex, and Arena areas...
Old 16 Sep 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2760346)   #335
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
Our report is on, enjoy, especially the Saleen.....

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...e-1000-km.html
Pieter, thank you for The Artist At Work! I haven't laughed so much in ages. You caught Jake's better side, at least...
Old 16 Sep 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2760398)   #336
jodyfirth
Rookie

United Kingdom
jodyfirth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Bentley03, really was one of the best racing weekends in my life! Very pleased to have won all three races in the weekend, especially the LMS on home soil. More so that the win gave our team mates the championship!
Old 16 Sep 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2760560)   #337
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to the forum Jody and bloody well done!
Old 17 Sep 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2760656)   #338
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Welcome to the forum Jody and bloody well done!
I suspect he forgot the password for his 'Jody Firth' login..........

Old 17 Sep 2010, 00:15 (Ref:2760657)   #339
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyfirth View Post
Thanks Bentley03, really was one of the best racing weekends in my life! Very pleased to have won all three races in the weekend, especially the LMS on home soil. More so that the win gave our team mates the championship!
Yep, very well done mate, I'm hugely impressed (and delighted)!

So, now that you're clearly ready to move up to LMP2 in 2011, I assume we can expect an exciting announcement in due course!
Old 17 Sep 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2761011)   #340
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I suspect he forgot the password for his 'Jody Firth' login..........

Ah, of course!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2761313)   #341
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allan McNish on last weekend's race: http://youtu.be/BLjMbQjrxxU
Old 18 Sep 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2761346)   #342
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
McNish on his website said that Peugeot got the jump early because they were able to warm their tires quicker than he was able too, so it seemed that Allan's R15 didn't have the same handling issues as the #8 did. Whether or not that would've made a difference won't be known now with the DNF, though.

He also said that Audi have an idea about why the #8 had it's issues and those should be fixed by PLM, along with the differential.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2761482)   #343
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
McNish on his website said that Peugeot got the jump early because they were able to warm their tires quicker than he was able too, so it seemed that Allan's R15 didn't have the same handling issues as the #8 did. Whether or not that would've made a difference won't be known now with the DNF, though.

He also said that Audi have an idea about why the #8 had it's issues and those should be fixed by PLM, along with the differential.
I'm sorry Chernaudi, but it's beginning to sound a bit naive..
The #7 broke after 15 laps, and was overtaken only a few laps before... If Audi can't get heat in their tires after 15 laps, then they have a serious problem. And if it's the case, well, then the Peugeot still is the better car, as getting heat in the tires quickly is essential to get good grip, and apparently Peugeot can do that, and Audi can't.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2761557)   #344
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, CTD's right - I really think it's time to let go of those straws and admit it chernaudi and hope for better luck next time out.......
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2761561)   #345
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Allan also said that he started to close on Davidson within a few laps of the diff blowing, and that by the end of the stint, he expected the Audi to improve due to more rubber on the track.

I doubt that the 908 is the better car, as according to Allan in his Autosport video the R15 seemed to have the edge on the 908 in high speed cornering (more netural weight distribution and downforce package). It seems, based on practice and qualifiying times, that Audi has finally equaled Peugeot, at least at ALMS/LMS style tracks.

And it could be tire compound, too. Since it was cool during the race (conbined with the early start), Peugeot may've switched to a softer compound because of the trouble they had during practice and qualifying, while Audi ran harder tires to have more speed during a double stint (it seems Audi planned on double stinting both cars until the #7 went out).

Unless it's like the ALMS, where you have to start the race with at least 3 out of the 4 tires you used in qualifying, I'll bet that Audi and Peugeot may've changed tires--Audi hoping to have more consistant speed over a double stint, and Peugeot going for maximum grip with the track and air temperature. After all, I doubt that Davidson started the race on the tires that Minassian flat spotted while trying to do his flyer--if so, he'd have fell like a rock.

Such a change also could partly explain the #8's early handling problems/pace lap spin and why the factory Pug had 3 spins during the weekend (I know that Davidson said his car bottomed out for his spin, but I'll bet that a lack of grip played a role, too).

I'd have to say that in the same track conditions and with the optimal areo and chassis set up/tire choice, the R15 and the 908 are pretty much equal at an ALMS/LMS track. Oddly, it was just as cold at Paul Ricard and the R15 held the advantage over the 908, which, aside from the LM nose, was in similar spec to what the 908s were at Silverstone.

Also, why Davidson got an inital gap over Allan (according to him), was that he tried to overtake Anthony but got areo loose/snap oversteer from the wash from the Pug's rear wing. I'm quoting someone who was there, which very few of us were, and almost none of us was in a car on track.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2761563)   #346
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
blah blah blah, the Peugeot is faster than you can you confirm you understand this message?
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2761564)   #347
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Audi LOST!!!!

L.P.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2761565)   #348
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Unless it's like the ALMS, where you have to start the race with at least 3 out of the 4 tires you used in qualifying, I'll bet that Audi and Peugeot may've changed tires
The car has to start on the tires it qualified on in the LMS aswell, IIRC. I think that's why both Rebellion Lolas were sent to the back of the grid for the Algarve round.

P.S. In terms of speed, 908 > R15 plus, 908 >> R15, 908 >>> R10. That is all.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2761566)   #349
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK. Peugeot won, Audi lost and in the absence of a time machine, no amount of 'If only.....' is going to change that. Time to move on, methinks.

Now then, what else happened at Silverstone......
Old 19 Sep 2010, 16:30 (Ref:2761568)   #350
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Now then, what else happened at Silverstone......
Um... Oh yeah. Aston nearly won in GT2. Should be an encouraging sign for potential customers of this car, it's got most of its bugs worked out of the system and it's now properly fast.