Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 2004, 10:28 (Ref:887165)   #76
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerri
Good point, but there is a long time to go till bathurst, surely sanity will prevail & they will all get it together.
It has been 4mths since they started knocking down the old pits.And after all this time there is still no contractor to build the new pits.With our local council sanity is not something that springs to mind. We also have ex councilors complaining about spending 24mil for a track that is only used 2 times a year.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 11:18 (Ref:887212)   #77
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There might be a series of tents for garages at Bathurst 04 at this rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27 Feb 2004, 11:31 (Ref:887222)   #78
Monaro
Racer

Australia
Bathurst
Monaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Grimace
There might be a series of tents for garages at Bathurst 04 at this rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least TC will have his big B double to camp in and won't need a tent.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 16:17 (Ref:887458)   #79
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok guys, tell me, can they or can they not afford to have this meeting. If they don't finish the track/pits, will this cause a problem financially????????
Old 27 Feb 2004, 21:55 (Ref:887758)   #80
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably not a problem financially, might have a credibility issue in there though. Bathurst is seen as the jewel in the crown, at least by spectators.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 00:47 (Ref:887873)   #81
Forbesy
Racer

Forbesy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Monaro
At least TC will have his big B double to camp in and won't need a tent.
As long as he has a spot to park 'his' Audi A8 (obviously part of the deal with the Safety cars) he won't care.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 05:22 (Ref:887984)   #82
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There'll be plenty of room for Audis, trucks, jumbo jets if they don't errect any buildings to replace the bulldozed ones!
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:17 (Ref:888137)   #83
Lukus
Rookie

Lukus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DannyG
What else are they doing to the track, obviously new pit bays are going in, and theres the new motel complex. Are they resurfacing? Didnt they recently do that? It would be a shame to lose too much character of this great circuit.
This would be the Complex you are refering to?

Mount Panorama Resort

Things are coming along nicely. I can't wait to be sitting up there in 1 of those suites watching the racing! My Dad is organising the finance for the development of that resort

Last edited by Lukus; 28 Feb 2004 at 11:20.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:45 (Ref:888148)   #84
pete55
Veteran

Lot of good a hotel is when the track isn't even finished.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:50 (Ref:888153)   #85
Lukus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Lot of good a hotel is when the track isn't even finished.
True, but this resort won't be finished this year that's for sure! The pit complex will be finished long before this resort even begins to be built...
Old 28 Feb 2004, 12:51 (Ref:888199)   #86
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For completion mid '05 they reckon...

Now maybe I'm a bad judge but $275,000 for an apartment in a regional area????????Get you a nice home here in Wagga!

Looks like about 60-70% are sold though. Lucky I'm a pharmacist because I obviously know bugger all about real estate.....
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 28 Feb 2004, 12:55 (Ref:888201)   #87
pete55
Veteran

I can't see how they would be occupied for all but one week of the year.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 21:11 (Ref:888512)   #88
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2 weeks pete... Dont forget the 24hr

If they can rent these places out for $3,000 per week, you have made a fair old dent in the mortgage...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:14 (Ref:888567)   #89
Lukus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Average Punter
For completion mid '05 they reckon...

Now maybe I'm a bad judge but $275,000 for an apartment in a regional area????????Get you a nice home here in Wagga!

Looks like about 60-70% are sold though. Lucky I'm a pharmacist because I obviously know bugger all about real estate.....
It's got nothing to do with the regional area bit. Remember "location location location"? Well my friend, for a motor racing enthusiast, does it get any better? Some of the Supercar teams have already put their hands up for a couple each, and a certain Scot named Jackie Stewart has been quite interested.

They're currently in the process of putting together a proposal for Phillip Island. Looks to be pretty much certain, but anything could happen in these sort of projects, as has happened at Bathurst half way through the pit lane re-development.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:38 (Ref:888595)   #90
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lukus
Some of the Supercar teams have already put their hands up for a couple each
Got me thinking. How much would HRT fork out over race week at Bathurst on accommodation for all the team and hangers on? Some of those apartments could probably sleep 45 for the week and the dollars they'd save would almost pay for an apartment...........
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:40 (Ref:888598)   #91
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hrt stick most of their drivers and crew at the Uni for a very nice rate

Last edited by mtpanorama; 28 Feb 2004 at 22:40.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Feb 2004, 22:40 (Ref:888599)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quite likely, but the people at the James Cook would cry
Old 28 Feb 2004, 23:21 (Ref:888632)   #93
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Camping Grounds

Quote:
Originally posted by Monaro
It has been 4mths since they started knocking down the old pits.And after all this time there is still no contractor to build the new pits.With our local council sanity is not something that springs to mind. We also have ex councilors complaining about spending 24mil for a track that is only used 2 times a year.
Bathurst Council is obviously bereft of any entrepreneurs or sensibility!!!

I cannot understand, why, for the life of me, after 40 years, they haven't twigged that a little investment at Mount Panorama would be good for the area.

Bathurst don't need a Big Pineapple, Banana or anything else - millions know it as the site of the big race (well, races...).

Why the hell can't the council sink some dollars into onsite accomodation, camping and caravan park etc within the track precincts to cater for the thousands of vistors throughout the year who "just want to see the track" and for the 1000 and 24hr.

The top end of town has finally woken up with the resort, so how about looking after the plebs Bathurst Council!!

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 28 Feb 2004 at 23:23.
Old 5 Mar 2004, 10:53 (Ref:894712)   #94
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Our old mate Harry The Hirer seems to have done a good job supplying team tent facilities at the AGP. With the trucks parked directly behind these tents (unlike last year where some trucks were a reasonable distance from the team's paddock tent) the access is much improved over last season.

Perhaps they should be retained on a consultancy to cover the likely eventuality?
Old 5 Mar 2004, 11:07 (Ref:894736)   #95
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My neighbour has a daughter who lives on Conrod straight! I've asked them to find out all the goss there for me.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 09:50 (Ref:896795)   #96
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Just in case you thought everything was progressing well at Bathurst.......

I was there for a cricket match today which was rained out unfortunately, but on the way back to Wagga we did the customary "lap", so I took this snap
Attached Thumbnails
pits.jpg  
Old 7 Mar 2004, 10:02 (Ref:896804)   #97
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what's the bet there will have to be a rushed job for october... if the boys that built the new persian circuit (where is that again, kuwait?) don't ave anyting else to do, they can build this.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 10:09 (Ref:896806)   #98
vortexo
Veteran

vortexo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard a rumour that Bathurst 04 has been cancelled until 05.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 10:46 (Ref:896828)   #99
Lukus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Average Punter
Just in case you thought everything was progressing well at Bathurst.......

I was there for a cricket match today which was rained out unfortunately, but on the way back to Wagga we did the customary "lap", so I took this snap
That's not comforting at all. Just plain scary...
Old 7 Mar 2004, 10:56 (Ref:896838)   #100
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that pit lane?????
Closed Thread