Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Oct 2005, 05:36 (Ref:1431498)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Snetterton redevelopment (it's all good!)......

Jonathan Palmer and his MotorSport Vision group are receiving generous praise (and quite rightly in my opinion) for the transformation of Brands, and their excellent event organisation.

A DSC article has alerted me to plans to redevelop (transform) Snetterton. You can find details here . DSC have a map of the proposed new circuit including the modifications to the existing one. I am unable to find the map elsewhere at the moment so if anyone has it perhaps they could post a link.

Of particular interest is the fact that the circuit will be upgraded to FIA Grade 2 specification which means anything can run there apart from F1, JP specifically mentioning Le Mans Endurance Series as an example.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 06:37 (Ref:1431517)   #2
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds good, I hope some of the history of the airfield is preserved when the track is extended.

If you go into parc ferme and look carefully you will find where someone has written in the cement when it was new 21/9/42 history doesn’t tell us if they survived the war or not!
Old 12 Oct 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1431555)   #3
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just found the map showing revisions to the circuit (3.3 miles in it's longest configuration!). Just click on 'news and more info' at the bottom of the article I linked to above, and you'll find details of the whole project in considerable depth.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 07:58 (Ref:1431561)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or you could look here:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75045
Old 12 Oct 2005, 08:57 (Ref:1431597)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
Must confess I'm not the most frequent of visitors to the Trackside forum. I suspect I may not be the only Sportscar & GT Racing regular this applies to.........
Old 12 Oct 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1431738)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I read the DSC article and I am impressed by the broad scope of this project, and the apparent commitment to get it done from many fronts....

THis will be great...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 12 Oct 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1431780)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Has anyone thought about the access problem with the A11 bottle-neck 5 miles down the road?
Old 12 Oct 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1431828)   #8
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where do you mean falcemob?
The 9 mile section through the forest between Mildenhall-Elveden-Thetford? This is a right pain in the 'a' but the end of this single carriageway section - on the way to Snett - is 12 miles away from the circuit. The dual carriageway starts with the Thetford by-pass and ends at Attleborough, 2 miles north past the track, however the dualling of this Attleborough section is now being worked on. Therefore the dual bit will go all the way from Thetford to Norwich. But you are right, they really need to get their act together and sort out the Mildenhall/Elveden bit. It is mostly in Suffolk, cutting across the corner of that county and not linking any Suffolk towns. Just a link between Cambs and Norfolk. Because of this, perhaps Suffolk D.C are not interested in improving it?
Old 12 Oct 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1431853)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Andrew, I do mean the bit throught the forest (Elvedon I think) with the traffic lights in the middle. I thought it was closer than 12 miles away but wherever it is, it is a real pain. I don't know what the road is like past Attleborough as I haven't been that far for at least 20 years but I would have thought that most of the traffic to Snetterton would up come from the Newmarket direction not Norwich.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1431866)   #10
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes it does, hence the Elvedon bit needs sorting. Crazy that a major city like Norwich has such terrible road connections, especially now that Great Yarmouth has planning consent for major port re-development - more HGV's - but it is getting better!
Old 12 Oct 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1431928)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to see another UK circuit with a long term future.

Brands has come back from the dead, Donington should be great, and now Snetterton.

Will be good to have another alternative for international events.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 17:07 (Ref:1431999)   #12
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep - and since it's MSV it'll mean should something like the LMES go there then it'll be well promoted!
Old 12 Oct 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1432012)   #13
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Put a proper International 24hr touring car race on. Regs? Not sure but not Britcar - that is a series for competitors not spectators. The 24hr Willhire was a tradition at Snett with good crowds, a great event but imagine a bigger better International one on the new long circuit!
Old 14 Oct 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1433611)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Jonathan Palmer and his MotorSport Vision group are receiving generous praise (and quite rightly in my opinion) for the transformation of Brands, and their excellent event organisation.
Brands Hatch was the first race that I saw , the 1987 WS-PC . Im my opinion it is the nicest track in england . Its got the lot if you ask me . Great viewing , elevation changes . Just a shame its not (at the minute) up to international standards . Or am I wrong ?
Old 14 Oct 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1433646)   #15
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Just a shame its not (at the minute) up to international standards . Or am I wrong ?
They've refurbished the whole track and its facilities rerently and moved up the FIA track scale apparently (dunno the details of this). Anyway, A1GP raced there, pretty international imo. Track looked very clean and well prepared in the A1GP broadcast.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1433647)   #16
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yep, it is definitely up to International standards, but not F1.