Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 9 Jan 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2368044)   #126
BJD
Rookie

BJD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Chezza said on a previous post, what's done is done. Some people will learn from the experience, some obviously won't.
Old 9 Jan 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2368045)   #127
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
The bottom line is IMHO the whole thing at the end of the day was probably caused by the silly reversed grid format no doubt somewhat mischieviously devised by the promoter to spice the races up (it certainly did that I wonder if they may help out financially with the damage caused), not a good idea as has been said a few times above and something prehaps MSA and promoters ought to take heed of in future.

I will say in Tim's defence which is all I can really say as I was not witness to the events and a fixed forward facing camera is not irrefutable evidence, that Tim is a very expericenced driver who I have raced against off and on since the 80's and his driving has IMHO never been bought to doubt and I will continue to be happy to take to the track along side him.
Old 9 Jan 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2368077)   #128
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this thread has reached its logical conclusion and before it turns into a bit of a slagging match maybe it should be closed? Its turning from a discussion about the meeting to people driving standards, based on as has been said by Al, poor evidence.
Simon
Old 9 Jan 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2368081)   #129
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps its a case of "never complain, never explain?"
Old 9 Jan 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2368103)   #130
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race, racecars, racingdrivers.
Add that together and sooner or later some accidents will happen. Lots of cars running close may become dangerous once and a while.
Whatever "fun" race it is.

I was told, by an experienced driver, before I started racing that if I wasn't planning to accept the risk (whatever it might be): Don't do it and if you do it don't complain afterwards!

Same goes for marshaling or even spectating. As a marshal you know you may be hit by debris. Don't want to take the risk? Don't do it.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2400317)   #131
tonylees
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
tonylees should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd just like to apologise to whomever it was who reversed into my front bumper at shaws in the restarted 2nd race.
Cheers, Tony (Morgan 87).
Old 19 Feb 2009, 17:31 (Ref:2400328)   #132
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylees
I'd just like to apologise to whomever it was who reversed into my front bumper at shaws in the restarted 2nd race.
Cheers, Tony (Morgan 87).
It's just a good way of slowing you down a bit Tony.
Old 8 Mar 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2411472)   #133
chrisastley
Rookie

United Kingdom
Telford, Shrops
chrisastley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All,

I am after photos of Metro #16, anybody know where I can find any? unfortunately the engine blew in Quali which is why there are many photogs that dont have any

Thanks in advance

Chris A
Old 8 Mar 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2411653)   #134
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris: go on google and typr in: Performance art

They are the people who do the photos for Mallory, and who were doing the photos on the day in question.