Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 31 Mar 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3051114)   #76
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Now that is an interesting shout....

Attached Thumbnails
mazda3-mps-12-05-10.jpg  
Old 31 Mar 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3051202)   #77
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ken, if u want more info on the MPS, gimme a shout, thats what was traded in for the Porsche last yr........................

They are crackers in every sense
Old 31 Mar 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3051295)   #78
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Rob. I'll talk to you about looking seriously at stuff as soon as the other car is sold.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 15:36 (Ref:3051301)   #79
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No worries mate

How about a bike.............
Old 1 Apr 2012, 05:34 (Ref:3051546)   #80
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post
Interesting..... are we suggesting that a middle age man can get away with a hot hatch so long as it's at least half his age?
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
And if we are, does the same apply to the bit of skirt in the passenger seat?
Not sure what the formula is for finding the correct age for a car to suit it's driver, but can help with the skirt. I'm told the MINIMUM age for a lady friend is half the man's age plus 7 years. This applies to men of all ages.

P.S. every car on page 6 is highly desirable in my mind.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3052345)   #81
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Not sure what the formula is for finding the correct age for a car to suit it's driver, but can help with the skirt. I'm told the MINIMUM age for a lady friend is half the man's age plus 7 years. This applies to men of all ages.
for research purposes, the same goes for the tidy bit of trouser in the passenger seat if you happen to be a bit of skirt driving it too
Old 2 Apr 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3052392)   #82
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But surely bella, that would make your tidy bit of trouser barely 17?
Old 2 Apr 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3052453)   #83
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
garc, flattery will get you nowhere
Old 2 Apr 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3052472)   #84
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
I had to ask Bing what a "tidy bit of trouser" was. Bing says:

Spookily enough, he looks like he owns a hot hatch!
Old 2 Apr 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3052581)   #85
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
garc, flattery will get you nowhere
Damn.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3052591)   #86
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd rather have a Lancia Fulvia S3 Coupe. Small, understated and lots of fun when you want it to be.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3052689)   #87
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Now I would never accuse anyone of being a bit "Richard Hammond"... but I'm sort of suspecting this thing isn't a "Hatchback"? Although I have to admit, I think you've nailed the image-to-age thing spot on!

Old 3 Apr 2012, 06:42 (Ref:3052695)   #88
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This one surely must meet the criteria.

http://www.hardvoorjou.nl/2011/06/25...lvia-zagato-9/
Old 3 Apr 2012, 06:59 (Ref:3052704)   #89
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Interesting choice.... (first pic)

but that makes me wonder.... when is a hatchback a hatchback and not a coupe with a tailgate?

I used to have one of these... but is it a hatchback in the usual sense?
Attached Thumbnails
Lancia-Fulvia-Zagato-9.jpg   Manta GT 1.jpg   Manta GT 2.jpg  

Last edited by dtype38; 3 Apr 2012 at 11:14. Reason: putting images in different format
Old 3 Apr 2012, 07:05 (Ref:3052708)   #90
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sadly I can't view imageshack out here. But one of the earliest hatchbacks would be the MGB GT, which yet again rears its head.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3052742)   #91
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, so where do estate cars come? Are they classed as hatchbacks?
Old 3 Apr 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3052770)   #92
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nope, you're not bringing that thing in here!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3052771)   #93
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Nope, you're not bringing that thing in here!
That's what SHE said!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3052789)   #94
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
a hatchback is a car you can put a bath panel in, but couldn't get a decent night's sleep in if you folded the seats down.

thus, a 3 series compact is a hatchback (because it's possible to load a bath panel in), but it's not an estate because you couldn't get a decent nights sleep unless you were a 4ft midget that didn't mind sleeping on an incline. however, the 3 series estate provides an excellent nights sleep for a person of average height on a completely flat surface.

(magnet, you sod off out of the cool car thread and create your own pre-midlife crisis all purpose car thread )
Old 3 Apr 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3052794)   #95
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 3 Apr 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3052822)   #96
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Quote:
Sadly I can't view imageshack out here. But one of the earliest hatchbacks would be the MGB GT, which yet again rears its head.
Have changed the way they're displayed. You should be able to see them now.

And no it's definitely not an estate!!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3052825)   #97
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
(magnet, you sod off out of the cool car thread and create your own pre-midlife crisis all purpose car thread )
I see that this has already been done for me!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3052826)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks.

The Manta GTE was definitely a hatchback and in at least one guise was quite hot. We may be trying to limit the definition to front whelel drive cars which would exclude these cars. Let's not forget the Rover Vitesse was a hatchback, not to mention the Capri (post 1974) or the Metro Turbo.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 11:24 (Ref:3052830)   #99
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
not to mention the Capri (post 1974)
Was talking to a photographer on Saturday who has a 3L JPS which he's had from new and has something like under 30,000 miles on it. It's kept in a heated garage and driven once a month to keep it loose.

Personally I'd drive it every day!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3052843)   #100
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suppose the next question has to be "Is it for sale"?