Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 Oct 2015, 06:16 (Ref:3581516)   #501
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Strange race. Pedrosa continues to remind people that he can ride quickly, Lorenzo knowingly wrecks his tyres to try (and fail) to gap Rossi, Marquez nowhere.

18 points into the last three. We could see Rossi get it done before Valencia if he can beat Lorenzo at Phillip Island and Sepang.
Old 18 Oct 2015, 10:28 (Ref:3583817)   #502
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
How good was the Philip Island MotoGP race?

the leading four were beyond belief, trading fastest laps and position constantly. I would love to know where Marquez found 45 metres in the last lap to take the win. Iannone was also magnificent on the Ducati, neatly pipped Rossi for third.

Give this one a ten out of ten!

Excellent race!
Old 18 Oct 2015, 15:13 (Ref:3583913)   #503
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is as fine as motor racing gets. End of story.

Glad to see Ducati battle for the podium.
Old 21 Oct 2015, 19:47 (Ref:3584643)   #504
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stunning race, top competition, top riders. This year has seen some fabulous racing and whilst I personally hope that Rossi achieves the impossible in claiming a tenth title, Lorenzo is superb in lapping inch perfect at just about every circuit. Good to see a wealth of manufacturers at the sharp end.
Old 22 Oct 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3584809)   #505
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
How good was the Philip Island MotoGP race?

the leading four were beyond belief, trading fastest laps and position constantly. I would love to know where Marquez found 45 metres in the last lap to take the win. Iannone was also magnificent on the Ducati, neatly pipped Rossi for third.

Give this one a ten out of ten!

Excellent race!
Couldn't have put it better myself, saves me having to type!
Old 23 Oct 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3584963)   #506
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
So about that Phillip Island race...

While I agree that there is something very odd about Marquez's up and down pace during the race, I don't think that's why Rossi is so adamant about Marc "playing" with the other three. The biggest hole in VR's theory is that MM won and Lorenzo didn't.

It looks like Rossi wants to make sure Marquez disappears into the distance and leaves the Yamahas well alone. He knows that Lorenzo and Marquez have him beat on pace, and with the probable addition of a Ducati (Sepang) and Pedrosa (Valencia) to the mix, he feels that he needs all the advantages he can get.

I don't think it will backfire on him or work to be honest - Marquez knows he is faster and will try to win. But it shows Lorenzo that Rossi is feeling the pressure of not quite being able to make up for his lack of speed with racecraft (4th @ PI, 3rd @ Aragon).
Old 25 Oct 2015, 07:21 (Ref:3585380)   #507
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
If you were in any doubt as to how much Rossi is feeling the pressure then there isn't any more. Runs Marquez out wide and Rossi's foot catches the bike/MM was kneed and slides off.

Surely deliberate, but being investigated after the race (any other rider and it'd be a straight black flag). Very poor from Rossi - I know he's done similar before but you'd hope he would mature with age.

Last edited by J Jay; 25 Oct 2015 at 07:42.
Old 25 Oct 2015, 08:51 (Ref:3585389)   #508
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Three penalty points. That's all. I know Rossi is MotoGP's golden goose but come on. Even Hodgson & co on BT Sport are calling bull on the decision. Although to be fair to Dorna and the stewards the net result is the same as Marquez's penalty for his horror show on Ratthapark Wiliarot a few years ago.

Back of the grid start for Valencia. Appeals definitely coming from Honda and maybe from Jorge's side of the garage. For what it's worth the title is done - Jorge will comfortably ride to a podium at least while Rossi struggles at Valencia as usual.

Last edited by J Jay; 25 Oct 2015 at 08:57.
Old 25 Oct 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3585417)   #509
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame to see Rossi resort to that, he's never done that bad, just frustration. Lucky not to get more. Still I'm glad I've got back to my pattern of getting up early, that was a race not to be missed.

Look forward to hopefully seeing Kent take the Moto3 title
Old 25 Oct 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3585431)   #510
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
For what it's worth the title is done - Jorge will comfortably ride to a podium at least while Rossi struggles at Valencia as usual.
I hope you are right but it will probably rain, Rossi just seems destined to win the title this year.
Old 25 Oct 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3585432)   #511
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Shame to see Rossi resort to that, he's never done that bad, just frustration. Lucky not to get more. Still I'm glad I've got back to my pattern of getting up early, that was a race not to be missed.

Look forward to hopefully seeing Kent take the Moto3 title
He's made the rod for his own back. Do you think Marquez would have fought that hard if he didn't have the accusation of interfering in the title fight in his ears? For once, Julian Ryder summed it up best - Rossi threw a grenade into the mix only to find it rolling right underneath his feet.

As for Kent, a fifth bite at the cherry really should be enough. But take nothing away from how brilliant Oliveira has been in the back half of the season, it's about time he put a winning run together that his pace deserves.
Old 25 Oct 2015, 23:57 (Ref:3585581)   #512
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
I hope you are right but it will probably rain, Rossi just seems destined to win the title this year.
Don't you mean Dorna want Rossi to win the title this year.

That penalty is a joke. If any other rider had done that they would have been black flagged immediately. Rossi was whinging that Marquez was holding him up. The way Marquez was riding was a lot less dangerous that Rossi's efforts at Laguna Seca against Stoner in 2008, but according to Rossi that was just good hard racing. Rossi will be up to 4th within 5 laps at Valencia.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 01:14 (Ref:3585596)   #513
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Nah, Rossi hates the place. Even if he does charge up that fast (which would mean passing both factory Ducatis - Valencia isn't a power track but the easiest way to pass or defend is to add more ponies) by the time he's in 4th the other three will have cleared off. The penalty was lenient to absurdity though, whatever Rossi says about Marquez interfering or not the fact remains he rode Marc off the track.

Barring something summarily daft from any of the Spaniards, 4th will be Rossi's best reasonable finish, leaving Lorenzo only needing to finish second out of the three riders who will likely be at the sharp end. He could even afford to let whichever Honda rider is faster clear off just to reduce the risk (equal points; Lorenzo takes the title on victories).
Old 26 Oct 2015, 10:38 (Ref:3585662)   #514
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lorenzo will fall off & Rossi will be WC ... So I guess the wall will go up between garages in the Yamaha camp now for aslong as Rossi/Lorenzo are team-mates!
Shall be fascinating to watch in Valencia...
Old 26 Oct 2015, 11:00 (Ref:3585668)   #515
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
What a crazy end to the season that would be! Mind, Lorenzo really didn't need to get involved with his presser comments (not wrong, just unnecessary) so it wouldn't be a total shock if he let his indignation get the better of him.

I would have assumed Vale would retire after this year if he won the title, but I cannot see him repeating this feat again with a focused Marquez (who definitely is not a fan anymore ) so he may just call it quits either way. An ignominious end to a stellar year.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 21:46 (Ref:3585798)   #516
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just caught up with the Sepang race, disgraceful behaviour from Rossi in my view. My admiration for the guy plummeted watching that needless, petulant reaction putting MM out, must be the latin temperament I guess, reminded me of some of the Roman Emperor actions. 3 point penalty is a joke, he should have been disqualified on the spot but that's a purist view and doesn't allow for the commercial ramifications of course!

Last edited by justracing; 26 Oct 2015 at 21:51.
Old 26 Oct 2015, 23:10 (Ref:3585822)   #517
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
3 point penalty is a joke, he should have been disqualified on the spot but that's a purist view and doesn't allow for the commercial ramifications of course!
I bet that's what it's all about too - the finale will draw epic numbers now, everyone will have to watch the battle and see if Rossi can come through the field. If Rossi was simply disqualified, it would be title over pretty much, no need to watch the race.
Old 27 Oct 2015, 07:39 (Ref:3585896)   #518
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Lets face it most of the front runners are pretty ruthless when it comes to it !
Marquez would probably have done the same thing as Rossi, it was just unfortunate that Rossi's knee caught MM's front brake lever !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Oct 2015, 09:28 (Ref:3585919)   #519
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi said he may not turn up at Valencia - be funny if he didn't & Jorge dumped it
Saying that, if Rossi did win the title, would Lorenzo's side of the garage protest the Sepang result & hope to get the #46 dq'd
Old 28 Oct 2015, 00:27 (Ref:3586095)   #520
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
... My admiration for the guy plummeted watching that...
A bit of the shine came off years ago for me when there was that farce with Sete and grid cleaning at Sepang. I've never really been a rabid fan like some of Vale (probably due to my illogical contrarian nature rather than anything logical!) but I have ALWAYS respected him. Such a shame to see a career like his possibly end on such a low note (remains to be seen of course if he carries on, even stranger things might happen in Valencia and he may walk off with the title). Talk about undoing a great career; people remember the worst moments. I bet he regretted it as soon as Marc hit the floor. How much more classy would it have looked if he had gestered to Marc to calm down instead?

Max and Sete will probably be telling anyone who will listen in their private circles that they always knew Rossi's mask would slip! Not nice to see and a shame really.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 03:43 (Ref:3586123)   #521
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Rossi said he may not turn up at Valencia - be funny if he didn't & Jorge dumped it
Saying that, if Rossi did win the title, would Lorenzo's side of the garage protest the Sepang result & hope to get the #46 dq'd

If we are all honest, justice would be that Rossi should lose his Sepang points and not be allowed to start Valencia. Taking another rider out like that is just plain disgraceful.

Schumacher had a whole year wiped from his record for the same behaviour.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3586154)   #522
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
And now Repsol are saying they may leave MotoGP because of the incident - didn't they win the race???
Old 28 Oct 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3586165)   #523
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just an out of character moment. I am leaving it at that.
We all have had them in our lives. Part of the human experience.

Over the years he has brought too much joy watching him race.
He gets a pass in my book. Unfortunately the karma winds evens
up things sooner or later, so he has that to look forward to.

You have to admit, this incident does spice things up a bit.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 10:47 (Ref:3586166)   #524
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is Rossi's last chance to win that elusive 10th title and he knows it.

He can either use Valencia to publicly apologize to the sport, his millions of fans and Marc Marquez and then ride his heart out in the race.

Or, he can take Lorenzo out whilst being lapped and immediately announce his retirement.

Only he can decide which is more important.....his 10th title or his legacy to the sport.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3586178)   #525
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In my eyes there are a lot of things aboout this that are poor. The track and very enar the same corner where Marco died and all this petulant nonsense from two supposed greats and no thought to the memory of an awful thing that happened.

For me they are both at fault, It is obvious to anyone with any racing knowledge that Marquez has spent two races trying to mess up Valentino due to Argentina and a few other japes.

But Rossi also has been an idiot, Marquez is that weird thing, more ruthless than him. Max, Sete, Stoner, Lorenzo, anyone that got near was instantly an enemy. He was kind, respectful, accomodating initially, but is now what he really always has been, a ruthless axe murderer.

When the mask slips you see it, very rarely and you will find out about it in years to come when he tells us about it in his book!

It the same as Fogarty in my eyes, or even Mick, they needed an adge.

No-one has visibly got to him as much as this though, and it is because he is desperate, knows he cannot beat him on track and that Marc has nothing to lose. That is why he is looking so desperate in my opinion. I am sure he felt the same way abotu Casey, Sete, Jorge and Max but was fighting with them directly, not with some guy who has nothing to lose.