Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 28 Oct 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3586264)   #526
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post

He can either use Valencia to publicly apologize to the sport, his millions of fans and Marc Marquez and then ride his heart out in the race.
Now that would be classy. He would be right back there again pretty much.
Old 28 Oct 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3586289)   #527
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
For me they are both at fault...
Marquez's part does seem to have been lost in all of this. So a rider who can save a bike at over 60 degrees and 100+mph is unable to recover his bike at ~35 degrees at the second-slowest corner of Sepang? Pull the other one Marc, it hasn't interfered with the championship yet...

For clarification, I am not trying to absolve Rossi. He was wrong, he deserved a penalty and it should have been stronger than the one he received*. But because Marquez's race was ended his part in the lead-up at this race and previous ones seems to have been glossed over.

*Although a DSQ (which I would have given) would be better theoretically for Rossi's title chances than the automatic back-of-the-grid he received. In reality it's over either way, Lorenzo has enough speed over Rossi at Valencia to seal the title.

Last edited by J Jay; 28 Oct 2015 at 22:08.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3586467)   #528
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right or wrong Rossi has the penalty, but I agree with those who say Marquez role in the matter has not been fully exposed. My reading of the event was that Mark allowed Lorenzo past and dropped back to Rossi, and then did his best to upset Vale's attempts to move forward. It might have been clean fair racing on track but in Marquez mind I am sure it was pure malice, his bike was clearly fast enough to pull away as Pedrosa showed at the front easily leading Lorenzo.

Rossi knew exactly what Marquez was up to, and his actions demonstrated his anger and frustration with the unsporting behaviour of the arrogant Spaniard.
Taking personal vendettas on to the race circuit has no place in MotoGP. Sadly he gets away with out censure mainly because Rossi's action was so extreme, although I find it difficult to decide just how deliberate it was.

In my opinion both brought the sport into disrepute.

Rossi deserves the Title this year he has rode a very clever season, such a shame it has to end this way.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 17:19 (Ref:3587873)   #529
jodi
Racer

United Kingdom
Northants
jodi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Earlier today, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rejected a Request for Intervention filed by the Spanish MotoGP rider, Jorge Lorenzo.

On 2nd November 2015, lawyers acting for Jorge Lorenzo filed a Request for Intervention in order to participate on his behalf in the CAS arbitration between Valentino Rossi and the FIM. This afternoon, the CAS informed the parties that Mr Lorenzo's request was denied. Accordingly, the CAS arbitration will continue between Valentino Rossi and FIM only."

I really don't know why Lorenzo is bothering trying to interfere. It has NOTHING to do with him apart from the Championship.

Being a fan of both MAQ and ROS, it's hard to chose a 'side' apart from I genuinely believe Marquez leaned into Rossi, and hit Rossi's leg with his helmet, causing Rossi's natural reactions and to push him off. For those who have been a fan of this sport for a long time will know that ugly gestures isn't in Rossi's nature. I also don't believe Marquez was 'helping' Lorenzo.

Yes, the things Rossi said in PC was a little bit uncalled for, but then they all do it. Lorenzo has been an arrogant individual for pretty much his entire time within MotoGP, and is never happy unless he gets his own way. If it was anyone else apart from Valentino involved, he wouldn't care. He is the one ruining this sport crying all the time, nobody else.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 01:18 (Ref:3587996)   #530
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi View Post
I really don't know why Lorenzo is bothering trying to interfere. It has NOTHING to do with him apart from the Championship.
And that's exactly why he wants to make sure Rossi "gets what's coming to him". That's an entirely fabricated quote but I would put money on Jorge having said words to this effect in the last 10 days. You're absolutely right that Lorenzo has no reason to be involved - even Marquez isn't because this arbitration concerns the punishment Rossi received, not an apportion of guilt. But at this point Lorenzo has stopped caring about how he appears and just has Rossi in his sights. For what it's worth I doubt the grid drop will be revoked. Rossi was at fault and it was serious/notable enough for the FIM to not be able to sweep it under the rug, as much as Dorna may want them to.

On one level I can understand JL's immense will to win combining with the genuine hatred of Rossi in order to rationalize intervening in the arbitration as an act of fairness. However I think this is one of those times when a good core support network would have advised him otherwise. Nevermind the way he looks to the fans, what about how this is going down at Yamaha? If Rossi stays, the garage will need a bomb-proof wall erecting and the team will be almost literally split in two. If he leaves, they will have to think twice about bringing in another top rider, lest Lorenzo gets involved in his spats if a title is at stake (I think this is the biggest factor in JL's actions so I can see Jorge doing something similar even without VR).
Old 5 Nov 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3588416)   #531
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Now that would be classy. He would be right back there again pretty much.
well ... some kind of regret at least it seems

Ciao Marco
Old 5 Nov 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3588437)   #532
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Don't get your hopes up, he only regrets it because it backfired so spectacularly.

With everyone coming over in various shades of diplomatic, it looks like very stern words have been said both in front of and behind the cameras. Let's see if it holds up over the weekend.
Old 6 Nov 2015, 17:00 (Ref:3588602)   #533
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
If Rossi stays, the garage will need a bomb-proof wall erecting and the team will be almost literally split in two. .
Nothing new there then
Old 7 Nov 2015, 06:54 (Ref:3588743)   #534
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
as it is .. Rossi needs a 1-2 for Repsol Honda to have a chance to win the championship

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Nov 2015, 07:18 (Ref:3588748)   #535
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
as it is .. Rossi needs a 1-2 for Repsol Honda to have a chance to win the championship
I am sure that Marc will keep that in mind!
Old 7 Nov 2015, 13:25 (Ref:3588794)   #536
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Back to Moto3 ... surely Kent can't stuff it up this close to the line? But it looks like from a 70+ point lead he's going to win the title by virtue of having somebody else win the race for him. He has almost wilted under pressure.
Old 7 Nov 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3588800)   #537
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Apologies for the double post (I'd edit the first post if I could), but if you were in any doubt as to who will win the title after that qualifying session ... what a lap from Lorenzo. Rossi left the garage before it was completed but he must have known Jorge was untouchable. I wonder if it was distracting him when he low-sided; either way it was an opportunity lost for Vale to get a few minutes more setup time.

How Dorna must wish wish they could trade an iota of Lorenzo's speed for some personality, they wouldn't have anything to worry about post-Rossi if they did!
Old 7 Nov 2015, 22:27 (Ref:3588884)   #538
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rossi down in Quali to 12th. No pace or strategy?
Old 7 Nov 2015, 23:10 (Ref:3588894)   #539
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Might be distracted by recent events and the backlash. I imagine that'll change when the lights go green. Particularly if Lorenzo finds himself on his backside during the race. Either way wherever he finishes, the post race interview will be interesting.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 01:02 (Ref:3588922)   #540
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
His pace was good in free practice (in with the Hondas), but come Q2 he never got going and was already halfway down the grid before he low-sided. Lorenzo's stellar lap definitely knocked some wind out of his sails, but I think this one is more down to Rossi not using the extra edge grip of the qualifying tyres as usual.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 01:17 (Ref:3588925)   #541
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
No set up information from Jorge's side of the garage.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3589017)   #542
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kinda like Christmas day!

I would like to see the Dr. get the championship.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3589022)   #543
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Congrats to Kent for winning the Moto3 title (eventually!) and Oliveira for a stunning second half to the season. Not sure what Ono was thinking, maybe he has realized bike racing isn't for him after all?

Quote:
Kinda like Christmas day!

I would like to see the Dr. get the championship.
So would I, everybody on the grid (looking at Hodgson's pit walk), more than half the crowd, an even bigger percentage of worldwide viewers ... but the points don't lie. Jorge would be just as worthy a winner should the title go to him, which it probably will despite some expected heroics from VR46.

In an odd way it wouldn't affect my appreciation of his talent, because for him to win the title would require a lot of things out of his hands going his way. All he can do is race up to the back end of the factory bikes, maybe get past the Dukes looking at their pace so far.

I fear the race is going to be a dull affair up front though.

Edit - So Valentino seems to have done his job, up to 4th. But the top 3 are too far ahead so it's up to the Hondas to get with and past Lorenzo. Both of them - Marquez alone will not be enough.

Last edited by J Jay; 8 Nov 2015 at 13:20.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3589028)   #544
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice job Jorge, well deserved.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 14:07 (Ref:3589031)   #545
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Nice job Jorge, well deserved.
Plus 1 Great Job Jorge!
Old 8 Nov 2015, 14:16 (Ref:3589033)   #546
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
The most points wins.

Well done Jorge, doubly so because nothing (on-track) has reflected badly on you.

I'll watch the race again before commenting on you-know-who and you-know-what, but I reckon anyone arguing MM's case will have a hard time convincing me!

Edit - Pedrosa deserves a mention. Classy throughout and I hope with this regained form he can finally string a season together next year.

Last edited by J Jay; 8 Nov 2015 at 14:26.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 14:50 (Ref:3589040)   #547
canamman
Veteran

United States
Loved hearing the crowds cheer for Rossi as
he moved up. Other than that, business as usual
for the front 3 albeit a bit boring except for the
last lap or 2.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 20:10 (Ref:3589081)   #548
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seemed like Marquez was protecting Jorge. He must really hate Rossi to give up a win to prevent Rossi from being champion.

However, he may well have still gone for the win in the last couple laps like he said he was planning on, if Pedrosa wasn't right behind him. He'd have known Jorge only has to finish 2nd. Pedro catching up kind of ruined that.

As for Rossi, no surprise he had to continue to hammer MM in the interview, but MM's response was fairly professional. Rossi just loses more fan respect probably. Overall I think the right man won the title - Jorge was faster than Rossi this year. It didn't matter where Rossi qualified, he was always going to finish 4th in this race, he had nothing for the top 3.

Also imo Rossi has definitely won his fair share of titles. He doesn't need more.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 23:13 (Ref:3589109)   #549
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post

Also imo Rossi has definitely won his fair share of titles. He doesn't need more.
I wanted him to tie Agostini for most championships
alltime at 8. Time is running out. Cool to see big records
fall during your lifetime.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 23:26 (Ref:3589113)   #550
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting end to an eventful year! I was going for Rossi right up until PI when he tried to play mental games with Marc and found out hes not Biaggi. Sepang sealed it for me and I was firmly in Lorenzo's corner. I wonder if it has crossed Rossi's mind that if he hadn't tried to play mind games he'd probably be champ now.... He was more or less the architect of his own failure.

It is nice to see him FINALLY get pulled up for riding overly aggressively and putting people off the track. just off the top of my head Capirossi, Stoner, Gibernau and Biaggi all have cause for complaint there.