Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Apr 2003, 02:17 (Ref:567798)   #1
lara
Rookie

lara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ferrari

Hi there...
I don't know if there was anyone who wrote about this, but I would like to ask everyones oppinion... What do you think is going on with the ferraris? Are the Mclarens better or are they worse...?
I know they are going with the same car they had last year... As I know they will bring the new one starting the next race... is it true?
What do you think they will do having the new cars?
I will be so mad if they start dominating the races, as they did last year... Where is the fun in all that? there is none.
:confused:
we will see what will be... I hope nothing good for ferrari and MS. (sorry for ferrari fans; for Ms's ... well...)
Old 13 Apr 2003, 03:06 (Ref:567813)   #2
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's definitely closer this year(so far)but ferarri would have three wins by now if it weren't for bad luck.Not sure whet difference the new car will make.I'm guessing races will be getting real boring again soon,but nothing like last year thank goodness.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 03:11 (Ref:567815)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
lara lara lara, that not very nice.

RWC is right, Ferrari could quite easily have 3 from 3 so far, the championship standings dont really show the speed of each team.

That said, results are all that count, and Ferrari are not delivering so far.

I do however expect this to change. My money is still on the same championship result as last season. It will be much closer though.

PS Welcome to Ten-Tenths lara
Old 13 Apr 2003, 03:17 (Ref:567817)   #4
lara
Rookie

ferarri would have three wins by now if it weren't for bad luck

RWC,
I don't think that the bad luck stuff it's true in this case... How can we talk about bad luck... Schumi was supposed(at least everyone used to say and still do) that he is the best pilot still racing, and more that he is the best on rain... But then what does he do? Abandon on rain? There were other pilots(supposed to be less experienced than him) who finished the race.
I don't think that the fact that he has five titles makes him compare with J.M.Fangio...no way...
Old 13 Apr 2003, 03:21 (Ref:567819)   #5
lara
Rookie

Thanx Wrex,
I'm telling you the same thing as i told RWC... Schumi is not so great. And i belive he is not a nice person... the way he drives, it doesn't matter if someoneelse has to abandon, all that matters is for him to win...
I have onequestion for you: would you like to see another boring season, with all the podium to be red? I wouldn't... I could almoust fall asleep at last year races... So... I gues you are a ferrari and MS fan,right?
Old 13 Apr 2003, 04:30 (Ref:567832)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Laura, I love this season (even as a Ferrari fan).

All I'm saying is I think I'll get both this season, a great close championship and a Ferrari victory.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 12:26 (Ref:568086)   #7
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there is two reasons why ferrari have lost there form the first is tyres over the last few years they have worked closely with bridgestone to design a tyre to meet the requirements of there car this provided ferrari with a clear advantage on tyre performance we all remember those races where ferrari where two secs a lap faster than anything on the track on the opening laps of a race with the new rules regarding tyres which now allows both tyre manufactures to work cosely with all the teams has more are less put the grips on ferraris tyre advantage this is also linked to the second reason which is stratagy. Ferrari have relyed quite alot on strategy but with the new one lap qualifying rule they are finding it difficult to put there world beating strategy into action. Some people say there drop in form is dew to bad luck I dont I think its pressure.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 13:54 (Ref:568155)   #8
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like them, but I have my personal reasons for that, so don't mind me.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 16:21 (Ref:568244)   #9
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not a MS fan by any streatch, however I think he is being dismissed a little too easily. Its been two years since he has been in a real battle, I am sure he is a little rusty. When he looped it in Brazil so did 5 other drivers. Webber was just lucky to hold on.

Until he is beaten I still will say he is the best. MS brings much more than ontrack skill to racing. He may not be the most skillful but he is still definately the best.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 20:31 (Ref:568453)   #10
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neilap brings a good point. Being a good driver includes technical knowledge, experience, preparation(mental, and physical), racecraft, strategy, etc. M. Schumacher excells at all of these qualities. Combined with his natural skill, he is probably the best out there.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 20:38 (Ref:568460)   #11
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think for a lot of us its just nice seeing something a bit different his year. and MS is strugging a bit with a hint of bad luck as well, which, to be honest is about time he got his fair share. it'll be good see what the new ferrari's like and Imola and if McLaren new car will match it when it gets its first proper run.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 20:41 (Ref:568464)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And they won't be starting the next race with their brand new car!

Didn't the F2002 break down occasionally during testing?

Last edited by ASCII Man; 13 Apr 2003 at 20:42.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 21:41 (Ref:568519)   #13
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens for the championship! Rubens for...sorry
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:26 (Ref:568906)   #14
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dobrodosla!

I share your hopes for Ferrari this season!

P.S. Since you're tall blond I believe most would like to see the picture
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:30 (Ref:568908)   #15
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not going to be as easy as last year but Michael will win his sixth title this year. I just can't see McLaren keeping up the form they have shown in the last three races.

Michael is still the best out there by quite a margin.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 13:32 (Ref:569047)   #16
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren have been and done it so many times and I see this as another championship winning year for them
Old 14 Apr 2003, 14:00 (Ref:569067)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, so much to happen yet. Will Ferrari use the 2003 cars for the next race ?
Old 14 Apr 2003, 14:11 (Ref:569076)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, they won't.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 15:53 (Ref:569151)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
No, Bon. It was in Gazzetta a couple of days ago. The F2003GA broke down twice during testing last week, so they decided at least one more race with the F2002. They still think they can win with it.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 16:10 (Ref:569158)   #20
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari does not need the GA. They need to get their game together. I do not feel they need to have a two second per lap advantage on the rest of the field to retain their title. If they stop screwing up and the Bridgestones behave on par with the Michelin's Ferrari should again win.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:05 (Ref:569206)   #21
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the McLaren is now as fast in the races, but the F2002 still has a clear qualifying edge that makes it the best car out there still.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:18 (Ref:569222)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not that I was thinking that the F2002 isn't good enough to beat McLaren, just I thought that it's time to put the new car in the job.

I agree about the mix of bad luck and wrong strategies, made Ferrari's bad start of season.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:31 (Ref:569239)   #23
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome , Lara, its a pleasure to have you join us. Just watch out for our Latin Lothario Bononi and his evil henchman, ExWrex.

Obviously, its too early to write Ferrari off just now. I hold the skills of TGF, ("That German Fellow", in case you were wondering) in very high regard, even if I exhibit immpecable taste by NOT being a fan, (unlike Wrex who even named himself after a Subaru, for God sakes!)

Clearly, Mclaren found a great turn of speed over the winter and Ferrari no longer have the clear superiority over the remainder of the field that they ejoyed last season. I think we are witnessing a great equalization taking place among the mid-fielders and the manner in which the season is shaping up reminds me of the early '70's.

I suspect that we will witness a return to form by Ferrari but I also expect the gap to the others to remain smaller than it was. There is no way that any one team can sustain that level of dominance. Change in the order is part of the natural ebb and flow of F1.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 18:11 (Ref:569287)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dobreyden!
Welcome to Ten-Tenths Lara.

I think Ferrari at the start of this season had bad luck on the first three races, but also made some strategy errors, some of those due to the new regulations.
But I think they are the strongest team; perhaps it will happens like last year, when at the start of the season they also used previous year cars and weren't too dominate as they did after the debut of the new car. We must wait until the F2003-GA will ready for the action.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 05:13 (Ref:569772)   #25
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One odd thought i agree with--shue is due some bad luck.Not that i'm wishing it on him but most of the time he misses out doesn't he?
As someone said,tyres are a big factor so far this year.Either michelin are better or things have gone their way but ferrari has got less advantage in tyres,if any this year.
One thing i don't see tlked about much-Alot of journalists bagged ferrari for not changing tyres in the early laps of the aust GP.WHY?They had allready made the mistake of starting on the inters..if they could make it to the first round of stops with them(or close to) they'd be right!