Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 2 Apr 2007, 12:42 (Ref:1881933)   #51
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_FTmag
...you might be interested to know there will be a feature on marshalling in this month's issue which is out on 10th April.
Using some of my photos I hasten to add. So if you know I've taken a photo of you marshalling...
Old 3 Apr 2007, 08:07 (Ref:1882503)   #52
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dan, the quoted rates are...

UK - one year £45
UK - two years £85
Europe (airmail) £59
Rest of world (airmail) £85
Is it possible to buy " off the shelf" anywhere or even by mail order a copy at a time, as having had the fingers burnt with an earlier Club Motorsport mag , based out of Worcestershire somewhere that went bump, just after I had paid my years subs, I just want to dip my toes in the water for a while..........but good luck with the mag anyway !
Old 3 Apr 2007, 09:18 (Ref:1882558)   #53
Ali_FTmag
Rookie

Ali_FTmag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushyRacer
Is it possible to buy " off the shelf" anywhere or even by mail order a copy at a time
Yes, it's now available in WH Smiths and other newsagents. And I believe the magazine will be in Tesco stores from this month or next month onwards. It's sometimes hard to find a copy when a new title starts to rollout its distribution, so if you do struggle you can always give the office a call on 01780 758 800.
Old 3 Apr 2007, 16:00 (Ref:1882776)   #54
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good mag guys. For those over here in Southern Ireland...the odd Eason's has it and 1 or 2 Dublin newsagents.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 11:02 (Ref:1890319)   #55
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest edition of "Full Throttle" has arrived. Seems a good magazine with plenty of readable content.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 19:24 (Ref:1894134)   #56
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I bought issue 2 at tesco superstore Watford, not bad although not really into Caterams and some of the articles also I think some unfactul statements were made for example, if you have a heavy understeering car its usually due to too much rear weight bias (????? I thought it was the other way round!) and if you find you are understeering into a corner don't try to give it more throttle, all I can say is they have never driven one of my Camaro's, they initially understeer but it is possible to get the tail out with a boot full of throttle!

Oh incidently they're asking for reports on club racing so any of you that was moaning that you wanted to do some write ups get in touch with them!
Old 18 Apr 2007, 09:13 (Ref:1894530)   #57
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought a copy and am quite impressed with it. T&RC has lost the plot currently, so there is an opening. If they remember why Triple C was so successful and take note, then Full Throttle should do well. They need to address regional championships, cars competitors etc. there is plenty of scope for articles which will appeal to club racers, so don't miss teh opportuniy guys. Good Luck
Old 19 Apr 2007, 06:52 (Ref:1895236)   #58
Ali_FTmag
Rookie

Thanks for the positive comments. Any and all feedback is welcomed - use the web site if you want to be sure it reaches us.

And do take up the offer of writing about the stuff that matters to you. Personally, I'd be particularly to keen to see if we can get 'driver's eye' race reports. Something where you can actually get a feel for what it was like in the race rather than just an objective observer's viewpoint.
Old 19 Apr 2007, 06:53 (Ref:1895237)   #59
Ali_FTmag
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant
Using some of my photos I hasten to add. So if you know I've taken a photo of you marshalling...
Did we ever find out who the marshals pictured are?
Old 19 Apr 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1895394)   #60
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did we ever find out who the marshals pictured are?
Yeah I know who most of them are. Bunch of reprobates! Will be seeing almost all of them over the next fortnight or so.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1960049)   #61
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this magazine in circulation still? I cant seem to find it on the shelves anymore
Old 10 Jul 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1960051)   #62
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
I haven't had my copy through this month actually but I'm sure it is. Blockhead Media who are behind it all are a big enough outfit so...
Old 10 Jul 2007, 20:38 (Ref:1960072)   #63
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bought a copy of last months OK in a Star Newsagents in Kingswinford - Also usually in WH Smiths & Tesco, I think
Old 11 Jul 2007, 00:08 (Ref:1960281)   #64
TRC Simon
Rookie

TRC Simon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ah i was just coming in to bump this thread
Old 11 Jul 2007, 04:37 (Ref:1960333)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I bought a copy three weeks ago. Trouble is I left it in the UK so haven't read it yet.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 07:48 (Ref:1960390)   #66
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to an advert in 750MC bulletin, from August onwards it'll comee with PPC magazine....

I couldn't find it in any Smiths when I looked.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 07:53 (Ref:1960393)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is PPC magazine?
Old 11 Jul 2007, 08:13 (Ref:1960411)   #68
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Practical Performance Car, sorry - people that run Full Throttle / Blockhead Media.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 08:30 (Ref:1960429)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks.

I thought PPC meant Personal Pocket Computer.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 11:16 (Ref:1960575)   #70
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
According to an advert in 750MC bulletin, from August onwards it'll comee with PPC magazine....
Does that mean a subscription to PPC will automatically get you Full Throttle as well?

I picked up the July edition in WH Smiths today. The August Issue is due out tomorrow - July 12th.

Old 11 Jul 2007, 11:21 (Ref:1960582)   #71
Suze
Veteran

England
To be honest I'm not sure Steve....I guess so? The ad didn't say.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 11:46 (Ref:1960608)   #72
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I havent seen Full Throttle anywhere
Old 11 Jul 2007, 12:13 (Ref:1960635)   #73
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's definitely in WH Smiths and Borders and I've seen the odd few copies elsewhere.
I know the August edition comes with PPC, not sure if that's an ongoing thing.
P.S. You must buy the next copy as there's a small bit on yours truly leading on from the last months with the article on Dad, I'm sure it will be a good read!!
Old 11 Jul 2007, 18:32 (Ref:1960900)   #74
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I got July's weeks ago at tesco superstore watford.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1961122)   #75
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With ME in it!!