Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 2 Oct 2007, 18:05 (Ref:2029175)   #126
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems to have gone - not attached to PPC this month
Old 2 Oct 2007, 20:55 (Ref:2029352)   #127
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
not a huge suprise with TRC/Circuit Driver, RCE and MN was there really space for it - FT tried, in gear tried, CCC failed (and was absorbed by RCE). I say dead duck - but whats lacking is a decent business title - doing what RCE does for engineering for business, PMW, the Paddock, BF1 all try but miss the point a bit - a proper mag was set up but failed before an issue was printed - the paddock purchased the copy and used it in edited form. I got paid so I'm happy.

How far off topic did I take that!
Old 2 Oct 2007, 22:31 (Ref:2029430)   #128
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not far, just over.............................................here.

Very true words said though.

The question has to be - is there a market for it in this age of digital revolution?
Is the paper printed magazine a dying article? Discuss....

Rob.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 05:53 (Ref:2029559)   #129
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pesonally think there is still a place for the printed medium - after a day at work sitting in front of a PC my wife regularly "reminds" me that spending all evening in front of another one is why my eyes are what they were

Also not easy to take the laptop into the bath for a read, and the screen mists up
Old 3 Oct 2007, 12:48 (Ref:2029848)   #130
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the best places to read is in the bath, provided you do not fall asleep and wake up when the water is cold. Dropping the magazine does not normally cause a problem.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 06:22 (Ref:2031628)   #131
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It may not be that the printed paper magazine is a dead duck, more that the magazine as an advertising medium is, hence insufficient income.
Old 5 Oct 2007, 22:51 (Ref:2032443)   #132
Paceracing
Racer

Paceracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid I feel totally ripped off by the whole "Full Throttle" experience. After the first issue I took out a 12-month subscription as the mag was outstanding. It has since been relegated to a poor quality pamphlet to accompany "Practical Performance Car". This drivel is written by 3rd rate hobby jouralists who insult my intelligence every month with articles telling me how to turbo charge a 1972 Rolls Royce! .........FFS Grow up!!!!!
Old 6 Oct 2007, 07:25 (Ref:2032650)   #133
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Will they now refund your subscription or is it a pig flying scenario?
Old 13 Feb 2008, 15:37 (Ref:2127978)   #134
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Picked up a copy of Practical Performance Car recently and whilst there were one or two articles that were clearly influenced by the "Full Throttle" experiment, it was largely disappointing and there was no mention of "Full Throttle" at all. I would have thought that "incorporating Full Throttle" could have been on the cover & it could be made plain somewhere that the content had been adjusted slightly to incorporate clubman motorsport topics. Oh well.

"Circuit Driver" Mag seems to have gone, too. I'll start another thread on that!