Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Jul 2009, 17:01 (Ref:2500952)   #26
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankyou. You of all people should understand "Fen Speak" I'd have thought.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2500956)   #27
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I used to but it's newcomers I have problems with.
I can understand dockey,caint,shaint and things like that.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 19:24 (Ref:2501060)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From my perspective (and to an extent I agree with Simon and MGD), you have to trust people to behave in a certain way. If something then happens you either pop along and strang................ er have a quick chat or you leave it. I'm guilty of seeing the CoC over a particular driver who spent most of the qualifying period either driving through a gravel trap or trying to take my nearside front wing off. Having had a quiet (well a bit noisy) chat he wouldn't accept that he could have avoided it so I popped up to the CoC and asked them to keep an eye on him. Fortunately in the race he stuffed his GT350 in another gravel trap and left my bodywork alone. His actions cost me best part of a grand though so I was most dischuffed.

Likewise on Saturday I suspect I suffered from a little bit of prejudice simply because I wasn't driving an MG, although my wife drove ours up for the day (1965, fast road 1860, minilite knock-ons and the car looks quite good too). I really am struggling to see what I did wrong and would have been happy to discuss it with the person who complained. I'm actually quite well known for waving thanks when I pass someone so it could be he thought I was giving him the finger. And if it is who I think it is maybe he thought I gave it to him four times!
Old 13 Jul 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2501084)   #29
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
your hands aren't that small Peter maybe the other guy has small peepers
Old 13 Jul 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2501089)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hasten to add my reference to the chat was a Top Hat meeting about four years ago.