Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 May 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2457865)   #201
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
Mr Magic

2 Safety cars were done at bathurst and they could not do that right.

Even with one they left Cam sitting stranded started the race then had the SC, very amature.

Drivers are pros they should realise that and if they have a cry or a sook about the marshalls and the way it works they could go elsewhere......or could they.
That the CAMS people couldnt get their synchronisation right is not the reason to not consider this kind of thing... the 'Hollywood' aspect of this sport seems to overcome everything
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 May 2009, 01:49 (Ref:2458349)   #202
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by teev guide
V8SUPERCARS
12:00pm - 4:30pm | 7HD Sport, Repeat
The V8 Supercars return to Winton in central Victoria for the third event of the year. First up is qualifying, top 10 shootout and radce one over 100 kilometres. The second race is run over 200 kilometres at the Winton Motor Raceway in central Victoria and sees the introduction of smaller 100 litre fuel tanks and a second option tyre to mix up the strategies in the racing. Commentators are Matt White, Neil Crompton, Mark Skaife, Mark Beretta and Mark Larkham.
Full coverage repeated on 7HD today... I wonder if I watched if the result might be different
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 May 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2459127)   #203
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
That's pretty good B13.

Actually, the wheel nut by itself is not a great problem - when a car runs over it and spits it out the back wheels it is a very, very big problem. It has happened once or twice and could well have caused serious injury or worse to someone in pit lane.

Car into wrong pit bay? pfft - nothing too nasty there - unless of course the car arrowed in way too hot to that bay etc, then something would have been done.
A car going 40 km/hr in pit lane wouldn't cause too much damage if it ran over a wheel nut would it?
I was also thinking that a car entering the wrong pitbox caould be dangerous for the sole reason that, say, a wheel changer sees the car (of another team)and looks down or steps into the space that the car getting the service would be. The car then makes the mistake of peeling into the wrong pitbox and hits a member of the pit crew. For instance, lets just say that this has all happened in the space of a few short seconds?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 10 May 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2459586)   #204
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
A car going 40 km/hr in pit lane wouldn't cause too much damage if it ran over a wheel nut would it?
I was also thinking that a car entering the wrong pitbox caould be dangerous for the sole reason that, say, a wheel changer sees the car (of another team)and looks down or steps into the space that the car getting the service would be. The car then makes the mistake of peeling into the wrong pitbox and hits a member of the pit crew. For instance, lets just say that this has all happened in the space of a few short seconds?
The issue with the wheel nut being run over is that the car can spit it out the back - even at 40 kmh the nut can shoot out and travel quite a long way (tens of metres) horizontally - you definitely wouldn't want to get collected by that, especially in the face for example. Quite scary on the few occasions that it has happened.

Pit bay wrong footing not a big issue at all - it too has happened a few times but cameras might not have caught it every time. Not ideal obviously but teams are able to deal with it - much more a cause for laughter in pit lane than concern generally.