Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Apr 2009, 04:19 (Ref:2447520)   #1
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR licence

So getting away from the if they are going to keep going my question is

1 Who are the leading contenders

2 Who are the leading contenders for the Drivers Seat

3 Does the new entity have to show up for Winton.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 04:33 (Ref:2447525)   #2
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3) As part of the purchase of an REC, you have to ouline many things. One of these things is the date that you can attend.

David John is quoted in the media as saying that he has to turn up at Winton, which clearly frustrates him
Old 23 Apr 2009, 05:16 (Ref:2447530)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
3) As part of the purchase of an REC, you have to ouline many things. One of these things is the date that you can attend.

David John is quoted in the media as saying that he has to turn up at Winton, which clearly frustrates him
As I understand his thinking, it is that if he is considered good enough to go to Winton then he should be good enough for them to finish the rest of the season.

Much of the problem I think on the part of VESA would probably stem from bringing the sport into disrepute with the constant circus going on and bills not being paid. That would be my speculation. I think it's reached a point where it is time to bring it to the end. For one thing there isn't really anything kiwi about it anymore with the current situation. There is really no sponsors and the car, team and driver is all outsourced.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 06:07 (Ref:2447547)   #4
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but if the sale of the REC was to happen before Winton, surely old TKR wouldn't have to turn up, and new buyers would unless agreed at time of sale that they have x amount of weeks to get sorted?
Old 23 Apr 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2447657)   #5
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The VESA release was, the REC would be offered to the Teams first, yet in Auto Fiction, April 15-21 , there is an add for the REC, Tenders invited to be recieved by 20 April.

So it could be sold, Board Approval, before Winton who knows?

Who gets the money- THe Offical Assignee or the Bankruptee.?

Contenders: Mark Petch
Fiore's
FPR- (who said, not just at the moment)
Freddy Blogs from Nar Nar Goon South.
Petch Fiore Racing?

Anyways, VeSA will get a nice little kick into the tin
Old 23 Apr 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2447678)   #6
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
but if the sale of the REC was to happen before Winton, surely old TKR wouldn't have to turn up, and new buyers would unless agreed at time of sale that they have x amount of weeks to get sorted?

Remeber the Faulkner/Kelly sale a few years back, Faulkner ended up with massive fines.

Where did the figure of 2mill for a sale come from the brothers neighbours cleaner???????
Old 23 Apr 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2447718)   #7
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats changed ... is it a beat up? Who/why?

a legal eagle to the trough
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The story allegedly goes that because the control of the legal entity housing this team's 2009 Racing Entitlement Contract has recently changed without notifying the VESA board, that the team owner is now allegedly in breach of this contractual arrangement.

There are allegedly a number of remedies open to VESA in this circumstance, however the one allegedly chosen sees VESA electing to acting as a sales agent for this 2009 Racing Entitlement Contract, for onsale to alleged fit and proper potential 2009 Racing Entitlement Contract holders.

Presumably the discussions have already been had with the Official Assignee regarding the preemptive rights for agency for sale, as per the conditions agreed to in the 2009 Racing Entitlements Contract... such that the alleged sale process shall happen sooner rather than later.

The process going forward is to allegedly offer the 2009 Racing Entitlement Contract to the other VESA member teams, and if there are no takers, to offer it to the wider world... allegedly...

Either way, the sale price would be given to VESA ....

Presuming any of this actually happened

Big presumably GTR .... the Official Assignee will be looking at this as an asset to be realised for the creditors regardless of what VESA may want ... lawyers in the far queue !!

Last edited by cavvy; 23 Apr 2009 at 10:58. Reason: clarity
Old 23 Apr 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2447800)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Big presumably GTR .... the Official Assignee will be looking at this as an asset to be realised for the creditors regardless of what VESA may want ... lawyers in the far queue !!
The Official Assignee has allegedly been working with the legal powers at VESA as the REC holder has been hit with breach notices, breaches of the REC regarding ownership and control of the REC...

An asset is only an asset if the ultimate holder of that asset (VESA) says title can pass to someone else.

In this instance, allegedly of course , the Official Assignee is onboard with the sale of this REC, and presumably sees the involvement of VESA as an aid to improving the speed of the sale, and also being able to assist with the price maximisation process.

Sure the Official Assignee could have selected KPMG or Deloitte to sell off the REC... but what knowledge of its worth do they have, what skill in this industry do they have? They can learn, but it will be reflected in their fees...

I dont think Mr John has a case.. but we have been proven wrong in the past on technicalities....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Apr 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2448165)   #9
flyingduck
Veteran

Ok this thread is not about if the License should be sold that can stay in the TKR 2009 thread. My questions are about the future options if others take over the REC.

So who would drive for Petch?????????
Whould it be Kayne Scott

Who would take the FPR seat?????????
Old 23 Apr 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2448166)   #10
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually this thread should be folded into the TKR 2009 thread. No point for a separate thread.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 04:15 (Ref:2448320)   #11
flyingduck
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Actually this thread should be folded into the TKR 2009 thread. No point for a separate thread.
Please tell me why this is not a thread about TKR and more about a exciting new team coming into V8 Supercars. The TKR thread is about just that TKR and that is not what I want to know.

If this would be an oval ball code there would be great hooplar about a new team coming in to the series instead this site and others just seems to retread old arguments pro or anti TKR.

So my hopes are for a Petch Stones or Petch PCR team. You don't see many past championship winning team owners coming back to compete and I think Mark has the ability to see the team to success in the coming years.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 04:27 (Ref:2448323)   #12
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My take is that Petch would only be interested if he purchased the TKR brand with the licence, but seemingly they're not available together. Only the licence is for sale. If Petch had of purchased both he would have sold the licence to Fiore who would remain at SCAR and Petch maybe would have taken his TKR brand to SBR and created some VanGizbergen/SBR true TKR tie in. Not sure if true, but thats my guess.

But now I reckon Petch is out of the running and its between Fiore and FPR. IF Fiore wins it he would probably stay at SCAR and if FPR win the tender process then maybe a return of Andrew Thompson
Old 24 Apr 2009, 04:56 (Ref:2448329)   #13
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic View Post
My take is that Petch would only be interested if he purchased the TKR brand with the licence, but seemingly they're not available together. Only the licence is for sale. If Petch had of purchased both he would have sold the licence to Fiore who would remain at SCAR and Petch maybe would have taken his TKR brand to SBR and created some VanGizbergen/SBR true TKR tie in. Not sure if true, but thats my guess.

But now I reckon Petch is out of the running and its between Fiore and FPR. IF Fiore wins it he would probably stay at SCAR and if FPR win the tender process then maybe a return of Andrew Thompson
Hi GTi,
very astute post I must say.

I confirm you are 100 percent right.

I can also confirm that I have lodged a formal expression of interest with the Official Assignee, for the purchase of the intellectual Property, ie. the trade mark etc.

Unlike some I still believe there is real value in the name TKR, but only if it is attached to a top running Kiwi driver, in an essentially "Kiwi Team". SBR fits that bill as does PCR, although not to the same extent as it once used to when Paul was the principal shareholder.

Regards,

Mark Petch.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 05:14 (Ref:2448334)   #14
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi GTi,

I can also confirm that I have lodged a formal expression of interest with the Official Assignee, for the purchase of the intellectual Property, ie. the trade mark etc.

Unlike some I still believe there is real value in the name TKR, but only if it is attached to a top running Kiwi driver, in an essentially "Kiwi Team". SBR fits that bill as does PCR, although not to the same extent as it once used to when Paul was the principal shareholder.

Regards,

Mark Petch.
Well Mark, I do believe that there is value in TKR as evidenced by the outpouring of initial interest and sponsors years ago. I think if done right without an antagonistic approach to businesses and supporters you would do well.

I don't believe DJ is going quietly though, so good luck.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 05:36 (Ref:2448336)   #15
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is the principal shareholder now?

Quote:
....SBR fits that bill as does PCR, although not to the same extent as it once used to when Paul was the principal shareholder.

Regards,

Mark Petch.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 06:52 (Ref:2448358)   #16
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
maybe you should try doing the hardyards yourself mark, instead of scabbing off someone else
Old 24 Apr 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2448360)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
maybe you should try doing the hardyards yourself mark, instead of scabbing off someone else
How is buying IP from someone at a commercial price "scabbing"??
Old 24 Apr 2009, 07:04 (Ref:2448367)   #18
Aussie 01
Rookie

Aussie 01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi GTi,

Regards,

Mark Petch.
Mark do you also want to confirm to ervyone that the OA laughed at your offer and advised you the TKR brad - Businesses - trade mark - Intellectual Property is not for sale!!
It is not surprising that you say that you see real value in the name TKR as it is quite clear from your previous posts and from those who know you that you have done everything in both your and others power to try and tip TKR over for years now!!!
From what i understand Mr John and others have already put in place a number of exciting oppertunities that will see the TKR brand live on for many years to come with or without a involvment in V8 supercars.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 07:40 (Ref:2448387)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
How is buying IP from someone at a commercial price "scabbing"??
you mean letting someone do the hard work and then because they are in financial difficlties try and buy it at a discount price.

i really shouldn't have to explain it
Old 24 Apr 2009, 07:53 (Ref:2448399)   #20
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie 01 View Post
Mark do you also want to confirm to ervyone that the OA laughed at your offer and advised you the TKR brad - Businesses - trade mark - Intellectual Property is not for sale!!
It is not surprising that you say that you see real value in the name TKR as it is quite clear from your previous posts and from those who know you that you have done everything in both your and others power to try and tip TKR over for years now!!!
From what i understand Mr John and others have already put in place a number of exciting oppertunities that will see the TKR brand live on for many years to come with or without a involvment in V8 supercars.
People are stupid sometimes, who would envolve themselves with TKR any more with DJ at the helm. No one with half a brain.

Dj has no respect from anyone, let alone any sponsors that will deal with him, don't fool yourself the TKR brand will die a death.

Hopefully he gets his bankruptcy annulled then we can deport him back to his home land to burn the bridges there.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2448409)   #21
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you mean letting someone do the hard work and then because they are in financial difficlties try and buy it at a discount price.

i really shouldn't have to explain it
nothing unsual here, It occurs in Industry everyday. In some case, buying the trademark and running it somewhat more profesionaly manner has been the best thing. John's had a crack, set a low standard and failed to achieve it.

Life goes on
Old 24 Apr 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2448421)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
nothing unsual here, It occurs in Industry everyday. In some case, buying the trademark and running it somewhat more profesionaly manner has been the best thing. John's had a crack, set a low standard and failed to achieve it.

Life goes on
But motorsport is different The principles of economics dont apply

A brand is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Will the TKR brand survive and prosper without V8Supercar? That is an interesting question.

10 years of maintaining a name does not automatically attribute positive brand equity to that name when the last 4 years at least have been such difficult performances.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2448423)   #23
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post

Life goes on
reporting poor and misleading information publicly is not not normal process if you want to buy the intellectual property.

thats called poor ethics
Old 24 Apr 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2448431)   #24
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
reporting poor and misleading information publicly is not not normal process if you want to buy the intellectual property.

thats called poor ethics
Poor ethics is some thing DJ does well.

Karmas a ***** aint it.
Old 24 Apr 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2448437)   #25
Aussie 01
Rookie

Aussie 01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
Poor ethics is some thing DJ does well.

Karmas a ***** aint it.
DJJ if i was you i wouldnt throw stones in a glass house.