Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 Jul 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2245169)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Peugeot 205 1.4 Carburettor Specifications

OK, I'm out of my depth here, but my son needs some help.

He has an old (G prefix - 89/90) 205 1.4 which won't run. My Mitsubishi Mastertech (other) son reckons its a carburation problem but says that he doesn't know if it's actually the carburettor that's at fault, or the mechanism (my term!) leading to the carburettor. He says he ought to be able to sort it out, but needs to see the detailed technical specs for the carburation system. I've scoured the internet for them but can't find anything remotely detailed enough. When I suggested he look in my son's Haynes manual, he just looked at me with an expression of pity.........

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 6 Jul 2008 at 11:34.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2247135)   #2
Pete_58
Rookie

England
Pete_58 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a 1.4 205 for my first car.

Is it an XS? Twin choke carb (Solex 32-34 Z2 or webber) fed 1400cc, the engine (TU series?) is a laid back type (the head sits close to the bulkhead)? I had a few running issues, found a haynes manual to be of some use. Its better than nothing...

You say it doesnt run. Does it attempt to start, or start cough and splutter... or nothing at all?

Last edited by Pete_58; 8 Jul 2008 at 13:26.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2247142)   #3
Pete_58
Rookie

England
Pete_58 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://cx.podolsk.ru/xm/docum/haynes_zx/zx-04a.pdf

This link has tech specs for Solex carbs, but if you have a Haynes you've probably already seen this...

I hope the above is of some use. I just typed "peugeot 205 xs carbs" into google. If you know what make the carbs are, type that into google see what comes back. When i had mine my dad and i had many weekends of "fun" tinkering with it!!

Last edited by Pete_58; 8 Jul 2008 at 13:34.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 13:45 (Ref:2247153)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh the dreaded XS Solex issue!

L+Mine would never run properly in teh cold if that helps!

Was fine in the summer, I thought it was a sensor issue really

Was a sodding nightmare in the winter, crappy thing!
Old 8 Jul 2008, 19:37 (Ref:2247416)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Is there fuel pumping into the carb ? If there is it should start one way or the other even if there is something wrong with it. Make sure its got petrol and not diesel in it ! Has it got sparks? has the cam belt broken ?
Any decent mechanic could tell you in 5 mins !!!
By the way AYSE did you get my email ?

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 8 Jul 2008 at 19:46.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 Jul 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2247458)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Let me go back to my two boys and see what they say....

(And no Gordon - no email.... Whcih address did you use?)
Old 8 Jul 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2247470)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I presume it must be that Solex carb - but it's not an XS - just a bog-standard 1.4. Thanks for the link Pete_58, I'll print that out and let tham have a look at it. Apparently the younger son has found someone to have a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks for your help guys - much appreciated.