Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Feb 2018, 00:32 (Ref:3803051)   #151
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's ugly. But it's not ugly in some kind of unprecedented way. When F1 had wings on stalks, that was uglier. I still watched the damn thing without much complaint.

But it is self harm from the powers that be. There's other solutions than the halos that don't compromise on aesthetics and the cars like pretty good other than that. It's frustrating in that sense.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3803082)   #152
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Just noticed something in the Mercedes 2018 pre launch video.

Have Mercedes claimed the 2009 championships as their own?
Old 22 Feb 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3803092)   #153
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Leaked photo of the Toro Rosso Honda.

Is it wet and that's spray or is just the Honda again?
Old 22 Feb 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3803095)   #154
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Is there an image of the full laurel?
Old 22 Feb 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3803105)   #155
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oops..............

Old 22 Feb 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3803106)   #156
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Old 22 Feb 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3803114)   #157
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
I like how they've got the colour of the tyre logo to match the livery.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 11:23 (Ref:3803116)   #158
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
McLaren team apparel for 2018.

Old 22 Feb 2018, 11:31 (Ref:3803117)   #159
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
McLaren team apparel for 2018.

There's a distinct lack of sponsors.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3803120)   #160
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Must be McLaren's then! Anyway good to see all the cars are up and ready for the new season
Old 22 Feb 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3803124)   #161
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
oops..............

navarra! bit like running round a kart track for a f1 car though.
edit: talking out of my backside, it was rumoured to be navarra (saw something claiming a renault truck was there) but the paddock surface isn’t like that so its going to be that place they use for their road car stuff, also in spain. bagins with an i.

is it wrong to be glad someone has ruined mclaren’s carefully curated colour scheme unveiling?

Last edited by bella; 22 Feb 2018 at 12:40.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 12:29 (Ref:3803131)   #162
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes launch here. Starts about 2 mins in. Ignore the coming soon bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jfxPriIFQI
Old 22 Feb 2018, 12:41 (Ref:3803136)   #163
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
is it wrong to be glad someone has ruined mclaren’s carefully curated colour scheme unveiling?
Or that the grand unveiling of the multi million pound car has been undone by a ÂŁ2.50 car cover from Halfords? (must be Halfords for the orange car )
Old 22 Feb 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3803159)   #164
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why does my mind have an image of Ron Dennis standing just out of shot pointing a wind machine at the transporter....
Old 22 Feb 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3803164)   #165
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
surprise, it's red!

Old 22 Feb 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3803166)   #166
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
surprise, it's red!

I quite like the white sharkfin, with the colours from the Italian flag and they've done a good job of blending in the Halo.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3803178)   #167
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
What's going on with those sidepods? All sorts of aero on there that's not going to work following another car!
Old 22 Feb 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3803191)   #168
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I quite like the white sharkfin, with the colours from the Italian flag and they've done a good job of blending in the Halo.
yeah the little bit of white/flag is a nice touch but overall though i am glad that the majority of the white is gone from the car.

no subtle nods to a Marlboro cig package, no more Santander name and logos on white backgrounds....just a proper red Ferrari.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3803199)   #169
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

imo legitimate for them to claim the 2009 Brawn-Merc title winner as their own.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 16:22 (Ref:3803203)   #170
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Have to say Ferrari have done the right thing by blending the halo into the scarlet livery, it makes it harder to see
Old 22 Feb 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3803211)   #171
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I know it's been cross checked and scientifically proven..et al but I just can't get my head around how they can see out through those things. I keep looking at those cars and reflexively askin' that question to myself
Old 22 Feb 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3803215)   #172
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
About the only positive thing I can say about the cars so far, is that I appreciate the uniform location of the car numbers at the back of the fin.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3803216)   #173
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
All the Halo's lool dreadful and I know much thought and evaluation has gone into it by the FIA, but it still looks like 21st engineering with banger racing technology attached.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3803218)   #174
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Mercedes launch here. Starts about 2 mins in. Ignore the coming soon bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jfxPriIFQI

Cheers E.B.. After the crap!....It starts about 4.30 minutes in.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3803220)   #175
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Ferrari is very nice. Interesting evolution of their design ahead of the sidepods. The little lip on the halo is cool, and so are the aero details on the mirrors. If I am not mistaken they have managed to sneak in a curved T wing down low attached to the fin in the back.

The wheelbase is very clearly longer, and it is tiiiiiiight in the back!