Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Jan 2004, 10:53 (Ref:840192)   #1
Flying Muppet 2
Rookie

Flying Muppet 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC - Marshal Membership

Received yesterday in the mail:

"The HSCC has formed a new membership category for race officials and marshals. Not only are we keen to acknowledge the important part that you play in our race meetings, but many of you have said that you would like to feel more involved with our club - now you can be! As a Marshal member you will get regular copies of our HSCC News Journal, information about Club activities, opportunities to buy regalia and to attend all of our club meetings. Marshal Membership is only £15, is only open to MSA registered marshals..."

At least some people still love us!

I would like to publicly (ish) thank the HSCC for this initiative.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:08 (Ref:840208)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I marshal for the HSCC every year and thoroughly enjoy my days but hope this isn't going to turn into another 'marshals club'. If it is a marshals register for the HSCC then I applaud the move as they deserve our support and I wish them well. Unfortunately I shall not be joining as I already pay over £50 per year in various memberships to other clubs.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 12:34 (Ref:840272)   #3
Flying Muppet 2
Rookie

I see it more as a subsidised rate for marshals to join a prestigious racing club, if they so desire.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 12:51 (Ref:840285)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thats a good rate as its £40 for non racing membership
Old 17 Jan 2004, 11:19 (Ref:841441)   #5
Malc's
Racer

England
Nottingham
Malc's should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: HSCC - Marshal Membership

Quote:
Originally posted by Flying Muppet 2
Received yesterday in the mail:

"Marshal Membership is only £15, is only open to MSA registered marshals..."

At least some people still love us!

I would like to publicly (ish) thank the HSCC for this initiative.
So what about trying to get new marshals or do you have to be historic to join.

I for one will not be joining having just left BARC and my wallet feels better for it.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 09:07 (Ref:843059)   #6
Flying Muppet 2
Rookie

I give up.

A positive initiative from a club, and all we get is negative comments.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 09:11 (Ref:843066)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I think it's a nice touch from the HSCC and if you wish to be a member of the club then it makes financial sense. I think what I and others are saying is that we won't be joining the HSCC just to marshal as we already do that for them on a regular basis and for the most part many of us are already members of one or more other clubs.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 09:14 (Ref:843069)   #8
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Malc... surely with BARC it should cost nothing or at least be subsidize with their stamp card scheme... if you choose to marshal there meetings
Old 19 Jan 2004, 21:57 (Ref:843209)   #9
Malc's
Racer

England
Nottingham
Malc's should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark

It depends on how many meetings you do. I for one never really saw any benefit from it as I was always having to pay something. I was a BARC and centre member.

What I was trying to say earlier is why are the HSCC only allowing registered marshals to join.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 22:04 (Ref:843212)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Malc I would imagine it is because they want to retain the high standards of marshalling that licenced marshals provide.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 22:07 (Ref:843216)   #11
flying muppet
Veteran

England
Deepest Shropshire
flying muppet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since the marshals membership seems to be less than half the cost of the non-racing 'normal' membership, by restricting it to MSA registered marshals only, it stops some of those members suddenly thinking that they're marshals purely to obtain cheaper membership.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 22:07 (Ref:843220)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Good point!
Old 19 Jan 2004, 22:08 (Ref:843221)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry flying muupet, it's so rare we get genuine offers, people (incuding me) can get sceptical - for instance the BRDC Marshals club has undoubtedly been devisive, and may have been intended as such - but that's because it's marshals club and not full BRDC membership. In fact their membership has been increased this year to cover the cost of training. I'd have thought the BRDC was rich enough to pay for training for the guys who they want to freely support their own meetings. "Join the club and pay for your own training" is not a great offer.

Where a club offers reduced price full membership for those who marshal for them, as is clearly the case here, that offer is warmly welcomed, and even though it's not something I would take up, I appreciate the offer for what it is. Thank you, HSCC.
Old 19 Jan 2004, 22:10 (Ref:843223)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
It falls in line with other orgainsing clubs such as the BRSCC and BARC who offer schemes where marshals membership is reduced according to the number of meetings you marshal for them. I too applaud the idea, well done HSCC.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 13:23 (Ref:845419)   #15
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I confirm that this is an offer that was made as some marshals had expressed an interest in becoming members of the HSCC and they felt that it would be a nice gesture of offer a discount membership of GBP 15.00 if you wanted to join.

Can I please emphasise that you do not have to be a member to marshal at any HSCC meetings, all are welcome.

Our first meeting is on Sunday 11th April at Donington and it would be great if a load of you could come. Last year's meeting had a very large entry and the racing was good.

The full list of meetings is:-

Sunday 11th April Donington
Sunday 25th April Cadwell Park
Friday 4th June -Sunday 6th June Silverstone (at the moment it is a 3 day meeting, so please pass this information on to anyone you know as I can see us being very short on the Friday)
Saturday 26th June - Sunday 27th June Snetterton
Saturday 17th July - Sunday 18th July Brands Hatch
Saturday 28th August - Monday 30th August Oulton Park
Sunday 3rd October Mallory Park
Saturday 16th October Silverstone

Have a good season and I hope to see most of you around.

Fay Crook
Chief Marshal Co-ordinator - HSCC