Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Jan 2017, 22:56 (Ref:3705672)   #1
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Music at the Race

For all those who said the bands during the race were too French, this year they have Kool and the Gang. No temptation to take time out from the race then
Old 28 Jan 2017, 01:00 (Ref:3705696)   #2
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'd have no problem whatsoever with "too French" if they'd get Daft Punk to play!
Old 28 Jan 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3705757)   #3
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I'd have no problem whatsoever with "too French" if they'd get Daft Punk to play!
Too expensive!!
Old 28 Jan 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3705796)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
For all those who said the bands during the race were too French, this year they have Kool and the Gang. No temptation to take time out from the race then
That's Kool.

One of my all time favorite funk bands.
Old 28 Jan 2017, 23:02 (Ref:3706204)   #5
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, some dinosaurs of funk. it's worth a visit to the concert area.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:50 (Ref:3706463)   #6
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If they play Celebration while I am passing by, I might consider stopping up for that song before moving on the cars .
To be honest it has to be something MASSIVE for me to go to the concert instead of following the race.
A Led Zeppelin reunion kinda size of thing.
Old 30 Jan 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3707764)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Ah, some dinosaurs of funk. it's worth a visit to the concert area.
Nope. Certainly not while there are cars circulating.......
Old 30 Jan 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3707850)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It depends on what time and which day they will be playing but as they will be right by the campsite so will see part of the show for sure
Old 30 Jan 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3707900)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's usually hearing it that's the problem.........
Old 14 Dec 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3787083)   #10
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
No Pony Pony Run Run this year, but Jamiroquai make their return friday June 15th, after having played at Le Mans before in 2003. Small caveat though, the concert takes place in the MMArena and you have to buy tickets for the concert. They go on sale December 19th, 10 am at ticket.lemans.org
I don't know how much the tickets cost.
Old 14 Dec 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3787090)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like it. Putting it on Friday gives it a nice day to itself, and putting it in the arena isolates it from the racing event, meaning it's a nice addition rather than a distraction.

It's not my thing and I wouldn't attend but I think it's a great idea for the Friday night.
Old 14 Dec 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3787111)   #12
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could they fill a whole stadion? I have never heard of this band. I do wonder why not on the track, money?
Old 14 Dec 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3787112)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Could they fill a whole stadion? I have never heard of this band. I do wonder why not on the track, money?
https://youtu.be/D-NvQ6VJYtE
Old 15 Dec 2017, 08:40 (Ref:3787171)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Now i know you prefer cars to music, but Jamiroquai are pretty big, and JK, the front man, has been on your favourite programme(top gear) several times with his love for Lamborgini and Ferrari.
Last time they were at Le Mans (courtesy of Audi) they were not on the stage but inside the track close to the audi hospitality, could not get even close to seeing them so gave up.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3787209)   #15
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Watching this still doesn't ring any bells. Pretty cool clip though.
And yes Simon I'm there for the cars, every year I climb from under my rock and make my way down to La Sartrhe.
Old 15 Dec 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3787245)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Watching this still doesn't ring any bells. Pretty cool clip though.
And yes Simon I'm there for the cars, every year I climb from under my rock and make my way down to La Sartrhe.
Must be a ruddy big rock for you and that NSX to hiding under, but look forward to seeing you again next year
Old 26 Apr 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3817513)   #17
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's just been announced that it's Texas this year
Old 26 Apr 2018, 16:40 (Ref:3817526)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can honestly hardly contain my excitement........
Old 26 Apr 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3817538)   #19
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice, but too much conventional for me.
Old 26 Apr 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3817549)   #20
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But also Dr Feelgood - Canvey Islands greatest!
Old 26 Apr 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3817553)   #21
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw Texas a couple of years ago at Carfest, I was looking forward to them, but found them very ordinary and boring. As for Dr Feelgood - without Wilco, why bother? My beloved saw them after Wilco left and thought them wonderful, every time she plays their greatest hits I just point out that the wonderful tension and stuttering guitar is missing after the first 4 songs. Is there actually anyone from the original band left in it now? Might give them 5 minutes for old times sake, but fortunately Texas are on during the race so no temptation there :-)

Sean
Old 28 Apr 2018, 09:14 (Ref:3817857)   #22
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
I saw Texas a couple of years ago at Carfest, I was looking forward to them, but found them very ordinary and boring. As for Dr Feelgood - without Wilco, why bother? My beloved saw them after Wilco left and thought them wonderful, every time she plays their greatest hits I just point out that the wonderful tension and stuttering guitar is missing after the first 4 songs. Is there actually anyone from the original band left in it now? Might give them 5 minutes for old times sake, but fortunately Texas are on during the race so no temptation there :-)

Sean
A good friend of mine's a big Feelgood fan, but hasn't bothered going to see them for decades. Instead, he catches Wilko's tours, apparently a far more authentic Feelgood experience, from what he tells me.
Old 16 May 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3822769)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
https://www.lemans.org/en/news/jamir...-le-mans/48998

The Friday concert in the mm arena (which you had to pay for) is now at the stage in the circuit and free
Old 16 May 2018, 09:29 (Ref:3822789)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I am so pleased........
Old 16 May 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3822809)   #25
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Friday night out with a cool beer and some music, i don't mind.