Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 May 2000, 19:40 (Ref:753)   #1
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

They were not happy for the 3rd place for Rubinho (it could have been bacause of the injured man, who knows). Anyway, they are not as expresive and happy as they were with the 3rd place for MS 2 weeks ago.

MS helped involuntarily Rubinho to get ahead of RS, but Rubinho's move was brave and smart. DC has become the most courageous driver in F1. In silverstone he smoked Rubinho and today he Smoked both Schumacher brothers. Well done DC.

Mika, what can we say. He responded to all his critics with a killer performance. He was all over MS during most of the race. Great job (finally) from the McLaren team

Jacques was doing great until his BAR let him down. But he is confident that the team is progressing. Good luck next time. Good for Zonta (finally).

Old 7 May 2000, 20:20 (Ref:754)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari are never happy when the No. 2 guy wins. It makes their salary arrangements look a bit painfully out of whack.

Good for everyone who finished, and especially for Trulli, who kept on trying when it became futile, and drove his heart out - he will be a Ferrari pilote to remember when his turn comes!

And I bet Trulli was cheering in his car as de la Rosa took Alesi off and this time Alesi would be chasing somebody else across the infield!
Old 7 May 2000, 20:25 (Ref:755)   #3
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree for the most part, except of course the first paragraph but lets say that's because I'm "a schumi fan".

And at the end we got a great mika-pressconference. He said three words: pfffffffff, yes, (long pause) yes.

Brilliant
Old 7 May 2000, 22:16 (Ref:756)   #4
Roy
Rookie

Roy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toth
Mika does his talking with his McLaren. Totally refreshing in my view.
Old 7 May 2000, 22:26 (Ref:757)   #5
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody should translate what Mika says in Fin.

I agree he does the talking in the track where is more important.
Old 7 May 2000, 23:02 (Ref:758)   #6
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing that narks me about Hakkinen is that he spends 'hours' exhaling deeply, apparently summoning those special words in English, and then says; "Yeah..."
The FIA regs stipulate that the driver is available for press conferences and media interviews, I think it's for 90 minutes after the race ends.

I demand my Finnish pearls of wisdom, dammit!

What was he doing with the interviewer by the way? Was he regaining his post-race composure or did he really not know what to say? Was he joking?
Rubens looked embarassed at the Flinging Flan's conduct. If DC can do it, surely MH can.
Old 7 May 2000, 23:06 (Ref:759)   #7
Rated R
Rookie

Rated R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes (loooong pause) I have to agree Toth, Cranky's press performances are always brilliant...Great for laughs though

"Huh, that's all! You don't ask anything else, ha?"

Hihi, that was priceless!
Old 8 May 2000, 01:46 (Ref:760)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To tell the truth, I am beginning to wonder if he's feeling all right. He did not used to be so out of touch with the questions he was being asked. (That is a serious statement and not meant in any way to jeer at him - I do not speak Finnish so can't say if he does the same thing in his own language, but if he does, I wonder why?)
Old 8 May 2000, 17:37 (Ref:761)   #9
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have to remember that Mika's English is not that great.

Besides that guy who does the post race interviews is a moron. He asks some of the most closed-end questions you will ever here.

Q. Mika, you've just won you fist race of the season how do you feel.

What do you want Mika to say?.
Old 8 May 2000, 21:09 (Ref:763)   #10
Sparky
Veteran

"Ya fur shoor, da kar vass exzcellent today. I vood chus lack to tank da tim fur da exzcellent verk today. Day dit a goot chob".
Old 9 May 2000, 00:47 (Ref:764)   #11
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Sparky
My Mother is Finnish and her accent doesn't sound like that at all.
Old 9 May 2000, 01:21 (Ref:765)   #12
Sparky
Veteran

Sorry, Mr Ace. I meant no disrespect.
It just seems to be the accepted speech after a good race!
Old 9 May 2000, 10:56 (Ref:766)   #13
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to disagree that something's up with Mika. He's refined terseness to an almost unreachable level . . . though he did wax enthusiastic about the performance of the pit crew.

A beautiful drive, though -- for both McLaren lads.
Old 10 May 2000, 00:31 (Ref:767)   #14
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MR.Sparky
None Taken! My response was with tongue firmly in cheek.
My opinion on Hakkinen's responses, I think his lack of English in combination with McLaren's code of conduct make it difficult for him to respond eloquently. In this day and age an F1 driver needs to be a politician as well as a race driver. Sad but true! In Damon Hill's WDC year he had an image consultant in tow, maybe Hakkinen needs the same since his talent on the track isn't enough to please everybody, also Sad but True!
Old 10 May 2000, 08:43 (Ref:768)   #15
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't anybody think Mika does it just for fun. He's got a strange kind of humour and I like it. I would not act like this in public because people would think I'm a loony. Mika does, and why not. He is a double world champion and therefore probably used to people sucking up no matter what he does. He's just won a race, hormones etc. flying high, no wonder he doesn't really care what people think. I bet he laughs his ass of after the p.c. Wish I could see the look on the poor interviewers face.