Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Apr 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3062761)   #251
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
The gravel trap at Arnage Curve to be continued :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvybw-uTowQ
Actually no news about the emplacement of the scrutineering.
That's bigger than I thought it would be. Will certainly change the dynamic of the race as cars will end up in that.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3062831)   #252
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Thanks for keeping us up to date Eric.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3062835)   #253
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sad that they remove the characteristics of the corner. Previous it was "either you make it, or you crash" - Now it's more, if you don't make it, you will lose some seconds... Nothing like a pit stop.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3062886)   #254
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
German.

People do know that there are internet browsers such as google chrome which automatically translate these articles don't they?
Yeah , but they translate like a spastic . So relying on their translation isnt always prudent . Whats wrong with askin on the forum , is there an issue with that ?
Old 21 Apr 2012, 06:06 (Ref:3062938)   #255
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just looks wrong to me, but I suspect the changes will be less evident at night, which is when I'm most likely to be at Arnage corner.

Thanks for filming/posting Eric!
Old 21 Apr 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3063016)   #256
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
E-I are reporting that Jens Petersen has the third seat at Boutsen Ginion for Spa, but (if my rusty French is reading it correctly!) that the Le Mans seat is still open...

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-10294.html
LeMans.org are reporting that he also has the drive for Le Mans now too:

http://www.lemans.org/en/news/jens-p...medium=twitter

LMP1/LMP2 are basically full now. Still quite a few places left in GT-Am.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3063034)   #257
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
LeMans.org are reporting that he also has the drive for Le Mans now too:

http://www.lemans.org/en/news/jens-p...medium=twitter

LMP1/LMP2 are basically full now. Still quite a few places left in GT-Am.
If he manages to get the seat, it will (according to racingsportscars) be his first time in the races itself.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/driv...etersen-D.html

Any body got some history on him?
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3063050)   #258
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

Any body got some history on him?
He's mostly been seen in LMPC cars and is actually a class winner at the Sebring 12hr last year with Genoa.

That article says he's had a few podiums in the LMS in that class and has been seen with Bruichladdich in 2008 and Kruse in 2006. He's done the Nurburgring 24 so he's got a decent amount of experience.

I think I'll put together a rookies list while I'm watching F1 qually.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3063053)   #259
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
He's mostly been seen in LMPC cars and is actually a class winner at the Sebring 12hr last year with Genoa.

That article says he's had a few podiums in the LMS in that class and has been seen with Bruichladdich in 2008 and Kruse in 2006. He's done the Nurburgring 24 so he's got a decent amount of experience.

I think I'll put together a rookies list while I'm watching F1 qually.
I was also thinking about where in Germany he's from, as he got a danish name. It would be awesome to have a "dane" more at Le Mans, to cheer on
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:37 (Ref:3063062)   #260
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
OK so, so far, here are the rookies in this year's race. I make it 36 so far, with no doubt more to be added. Can anyone spot any errors? Is it really Bertolini's first time? The last few years we've had: 36 (2011), 42 (2010) and 37 (2009).

Marco Bonanomi
Kazuki Nakajima
Hiroaki Ishiura
Sebastien Buemi
Bertrand Baguette
Karun Chandhok

Jordan Tresson
John Martin
Tor Greaves
Nelson Panciatici
Maxime Jousse
Frederic Fatien
Keiko Ihara
Alexander Sims
Thomas Josef Holzer
Mirco Shultis
Luca Moro
David Heinemeier Hansson
Christian Zugel
Ricardo Martinez
Alex Brundle
Philippe Thirion
Vincente Potolicchio
Jack Clarke
Jens Petersen
Mathias Beche
Jody Firth
Barry Gates

Jean-Karl Vernay
James Walker
Andrea Bertolini
Jordan Taylor

Anthony Pons
Maxime Soulet
Matt Griffin
Gianluca Roda
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3063068)   #261
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Bonanomi and Alex Brundle have done their rookie laps last year, so as far as I'm aware they don't need to do them this year. Alex's dad though... he's been away from Le Mans since 2001, so he'll have to re-do the 10 laps.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3063070)   #262
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Bonanomi and Alex Brundle have done their rookie laps last year, so as far as I'm aware they don't need to do them this year. Alex's dad though... he's been away from Le Mans since 2001, so he'll have to re-do the 10 laps.
I wonder whether there will be any issues in and around Toyota trying to get their rookie laps in for three guys in June.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3063073)   #263
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I wonder whether there will be any issues in and around Toyota trying to get their rookie laps in for three guys in June.
They can pile them all in the same car, Audi and Peugeot were swapping drivers between cars all day at the Test Day last year.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3063505)   #264
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
http://www.lemans.org/en/news/unders...medium=twitter

Given how big LMP2 has got, I'm wondering if the ACO is wishing they'd accepted the IMSA Pro Porsche and the second Aston. Looking at this I know I am.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3063538)   #265
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love that 1245kg minimum weight sign as in fact NONE of the cars will be running with that amount in June... and I suspect we'll get yet another adjustment after Spa.

Yes, shame ACO was too much in love with their rich and wealthy P2 field!
Old 26 Apr 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3065707)   #266
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Franchitti-Krumm-Motoyama in the DW .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-10436.html
Old 27 Apr 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3066115)   #267
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Franchitti-Krumm-Motoyama in the DW .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-10436.html
Montoyama? Didnt see that coming but not a massive surprise seeing as though he is Nissan's star driver in SGT (someone-Richard Lyons?, once called him the Japanese version of Craig Lowndes -). Throw in the Nissan connection and it makes sense. And he has had Le Mans experience with Nissan's previous LMP programme in the 90s.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3066153)   #268
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wonder if we can read anything into the withdrawal of the JMB Ferrari from the Spa entrylist? Only ever had one driver named. Are they struggling for funding? Could open the door to a Pro Imsa Porsche which I'd be in favour of.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3066158)   #269
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Wonder if we can read anything into the withdrawal of the JMB Ferrari from the Spa entrylist? Only ever had one driver named. Are they struggling for funding? Could open the door to a Pro Imsa Porsche which I'd be in favour of.
Probably not, I seem to remember they were just as quiet before LM last year as well, and at the Test Day (in April) they ran 4 or 5 drivers of which maybe only one actually raced for the team at LM itself.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 14:23 (Ref:3066177)   #270
The Badger
Veteran

They will probably sell the seats .
Old 27 Apr 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3066191)   #271
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like the big changes have come at Luxury with Frankie Montecalvo and Gunnar Jeannette partnering Ehret in the Am car.

Also Brian Vickers is as third driver with Kauffman/Aguas for AF Corse.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3066720)   #272
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Brian Vickers confirmed for Le Mans.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-for-spa-lm24/

Will be interesting to see how he goes and whether other NASCAR drivers take notice.
Old 5 May 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3069914)   #273
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Apart from their ELMS team, JMB doesn't seem to be anywhere else. Last year they were in GT Open.
Old 6 May 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3070156)   #274
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Will be interesting to see whether the Norma team with their resources can come back from that Spa shunt. If not in comes the second Lotus.

Also would be good to see Brendon Hartley get the nod for LM in the Murphy car.
Old 6 May 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3070302)   #275
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Will be interesting to see whether the Norma team with their resources can come back from that Spa shunt. If not in comes the second Lotus.

Also would be good to see Brendon Hartley get the nod for LM in the Murphy car.
When I saw the remains of the Norma hauled past on the back of flatbed I reckoned it was game over for it in June - but looking at footage of the accident, there was a lot of rotational energy in the impact, and corners knocked off, and in a highly unscientific way, there looked like there was a reasonable chance that the tub might be intact.

Do they enough spares / time / resources to pull things together? All I can say is very much fingers crossed for them - always come across as a happy bunch of enthusiasts who do things a pleasingly different way. Le Mans would be poorer without them.