Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Nov 2007, 13:31 (Ref:2072472)   #1
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Lister - the end?

Given that Lister's Pescarolo chassis is now up for sale can we assume that Lister's reached the end of the road?

If so, very sad to see end of what was always an interesting and quirky project - the sort of thing that makes sportscars so worthwhile.

So - time for some Lister reminiscences? And ideas of where the chassis (plus all the intellectual property Laurence Pearce had managed to put in) might end up?
Old 21 Nov 2007, 13:48 (Ref:2072490)   #2
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that's a shame, although a little part of me isn't surprised.

I at least assumed they'd get the car finished and into a few races.

I wonder if Kruse might want in on this if Pescarolo isn't building another car for them.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 15:55 (Ref:2072561)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I woudnt count on Lister being out just yet if I were you. As direct linking to other forums isnt allowed here on ten-tenths I cant link you to exactly where the information im talking about is but if you go to listercars.co.uk and enter the forum there is information there from Lister personnal about the possibilty of converting the car to a LMP2 specifcation.

Lets hope Laurence Pearce has something up his sleeve, if at all possible I think we will see the Lister out in the LMS next year, although probably in LMP2 specifcation rather than LMP1.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 15:58 (Ref:2072566)   #4
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they have decided to run a different chassis, but I really hope they aren't out.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:04 (Ref:2072570)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
I woudnt count on Lister being out just yet if I were you. As direct linking to other forums isnt allowed here on ten-tenths I cant link you to exactly where the information im talking about is but if you go to listercars.co.uk and enter the forum there is information there from Lister personnal about the possibilty of converting the car to a LMP2 specifcation.

Lets hope Laurence Pearce has something up his sleeve, if at all possible I think we will see the Lister out in the LMS next year, although probably in LMP2 specifcation rather than LMP1.

Do the math....

Quote:
Posted - 11/13/2007 : 09:49:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no progress at the moment as the sponsor pulled out. We are considering the options and the possibilities of the LMP1 being converted to LMP2 specification
Quote:
Posted 11/21/2007 - DSC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Sale, 2007 Pescarolo LMP1 / LMP2 Project
The Lister Chassis

Available now.

Contact Laurence Pearce
The options were considered, and eight days later they have decided to put the car up for sale.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:07 (Ref:2072572)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

That's not my interpretation at all. The sponsor pulled out and the entire project, including the tub (which could have been used for an LMP2), is up for sale.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:07 (Ref:2072573)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm didnt realise the car was up for sale. Thats unfortunate, still perhaps they will buy something else like a Lola or Radical?
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:09 (Ref:2072575)   #8
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm didnt realise the car was up for sale. Thats unfortunate, still perhaps they will buy something else like a Lola or Radical?
I can easily see them in a Lola, but not a Radical.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:17 (Ref:2072579)   #9
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
They have lost all their sponsorship money, and as a result are forced into selling a chassis that they already have, yet you hypothesize they might go out and drop several hundred thousand on a new chassis? Please explain why this makes any sense at all?
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:35 (Ref:2072596)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Did it ever occur to you Fogelhund that Lister might actually have new plans for 2008? As Lister personnal said on their own forum earlier in the year it isnt really possible to win in LMP1 anymore unless you are a factory entry, preferably with a diesel engine. With that in mind the team said they are exploring the possibilites of converting the Pescarolo into LMP2 specifcation, now it isnt beyond the bounds of possibilty that Lister have been talking to the likes of Lola and Zytek and have found that they can buy a competitive customer chassis and save some money by selling the Pescarolo.

From everything I have read Listers focus seems to be switching more to LMP2 these days than LMP1. Why bother spending yet more money trying to develop a Pescarolo when you can probably buy a Lola or Zytek which will probably be more competitve and for less money? By selling the Pescarolo it gives the team some more cash to play with.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 17:02 (Ref:2072621)   #11
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect a Lola or a Zytek would in fact be more expensive.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 17:26 (Ref:2072643)   #12
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Did it ever occur to you Fogelhund that Lister might actually have new plans for 2008? As Lister personnal said on their own forum earlier in the year it isnt really possible to win in LMP1 anymore unless you are a factory entry, preferably with a diesel engine. With that in mind the team said they are exploring the possibilites of converting the Pescarolo into LMP2 specifcation, now it isnt beyond the bounds of possibilty that Lister have been talking to the likes of Lola and Zytek and have found that they can buy a competitive customer chassis and save some money by selling the Pescarolo.

From everything I have read Listers focus seems to be switching more to LMP2 these days than LMP1. Why bother spending yet more money trying to develop a Pescarolo when you can probably buy a Lola or Zytek which will probably be more competitve and for less money? By selling the Pescarolo it gives the team some more cash to play with.
While Lister may have certain desires, what you are suggesting still makes no sense. A used Pescarolo, which was much cheaper than a Lola/Zytek to begin with, isn't going to yield a great deal of money. In addition, they have no other funds (sponsor gone, mentioned above previously) to currently do anything with.

Whether competitive, or not competitive, if you have no money, and look to sell one asset, you cannot purchase a more expensive asset afterwards...
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:16 (Ref:2072699)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Shame really ..... but im not surprised however .

Hopefully take a few years off and come out fighting again .

Its a shame to see something like this happen to a decent team .
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:42 (Ref:2072731)   #14
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
what a shame for a great team, with the Storm they done very well in FIA GT, against the all conquering Viper GTS-R and later against the Prodrive 550, now in LMP competition, they are strugling a lot ! They should return to GTs
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:45 (Ref:2072733)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
But with what ?

Dont they have homologation issues with their car ?

I seem to remember hearing about a possible return to GT racing for 2007 , but that petered out too !!!
Old 21 Nov 2007, 19:58 (Ref:2072748)   #16
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
But with what ?

Dont they have homologation issues with their car ?

I seem to remember hearing about a possible return to GT racing for 2007 , but that petered out too !!!
the factory team hasen't planed to return to FIA competition, for 2007, it was planed that the Lister Storm GTS could run in the "Citation Cup" a GT1 trophy for gentlemen drivers, along with some old GT1 as the 550, Viper GTS-R !
Old 21 Nov 2007, 21:00 (Ref:2072818)   #17
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buy a Saleen perhaps, maybe a C6?? Who knows...Whatever, I hope LP returns - outspoken - yes, but what a fabulous tactician with the V12 Storm in FIA GT. And a real colourful character.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 21:22 (Ref:2072845)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Maybe it's better for them to step down the ladder a bit and enter 1 or 2 Jaguar GT3s in British GT or FIA GT3. The last few years weren't very good for the image of Lister.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 00:36 (Ref:2073053)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I do find this all very sad. Laurence is very much part of the furniture in sportscar racing. Hopefully, he'll be back, I've got everything crossed!

As far as the Listerolo is concerned, I wonder if a certain (popular) Dutch team might be interested in the chassis?
Old 22 Nov 2007, 00:49 (Ref:2073061)   #20
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I like the idea of Lister Jaguars... It kind of rings a bell from somewhere. I wonder why???
Old 22 Nov 2007, 02:24 (Ref:2073116)   #21
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
There was discussion about a Lister GT1..

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=Lister
Old 22 Nov 2007, 03:29 (Ref:2073145)   #22
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember that news, seemed like an odd announcement considering we never saw anything come of it. I recall Panoz also announcing the GT1 Abruzzi which has yet to appear.
Old 22 Nov 2007, 17:31 (Ref:2073660)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
For the record.......

A reliable source has told me today, that sadly, it's the end of the road for Lister Storm Racing, the team will not race again.

Very sad news, it truly feels like the end of an era!
Old 22 Nov 2007, 17:44 (Ref:2073669)   #24
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
I recall Panoz also announcing the GT1 Abruzzi which has yet to appear.
Do a google search on that and see what you get... Its been what, four years since Dr P blurted it out at Laguna? Has there been any mention of the car anywhere but in speculation? No spy shots, no updates, no talk about things to come, etc... Somehoe, I just don't think it'll ever happen - because IMO the project never started...
Old 22 Nov 2007, 18:01 (Ref:2073679)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
For the record.......

A reliable source has told me today, that sadly, it's the end of the road for Lister Storm Racing, the team will not race again.

Very sad news, it truly feels like the end of an era!
Again Mr.Bentley , im not surprised but it is sad to see Lister Racing finish their days like this .

Maybe , possibily sometime in the future they might try again ?