Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: Rally Ads Racing24 SpotterGuides Downforce Radio MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 03-09 19:25 : SPECIAL STAGE EXTRA EPISODE 8  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Notices

Old 22 Dec 2007, 14:16   #16
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speaking very generally, the Judd V10 is a 94 mm bore ....the Aston is also 94mm bore, the bore spacing will be quite similar......so it will only be another pair of cylinders, so an addiional 100mm or so, which is not the end of the world, most of this could probably be accomodated in a slight wheelbase extension, or in a new gearbox design......I dont think it would need a new tub

speaking about encouraging GT1 runners into LMP1......I dont know why they didnt allow 7 litres to compete too, at this would be a good way to allow the gasoline runners to close the torque gap to the diesel engines......typically about 850Nm for a 7 Litre.....its a step in the right direction....

anyways - I agree, it will be interesting to see what aston eventually do
Old 22 Dec 2007, 14:49   #17
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Scuderia Italia has done the same, moving to Ferrari. This leaves Prodrive as the only factory team, and they haven't announced anything.
I agree there hasn't been any news on the DBR9 front but the Ferrari is a replacement for the Porsche which is a separate project/team within BMS.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 16:21   #18
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe BMS already said they're using their Aston Martin automatic entry at Le Mans to enter a Ferrari. I'd think that's a good sign that the Astons are not returning in the hands of BMS.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 16:32   #19
gwyllion
Race Official
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I think you can not transfer the automatic entry to another car, let alone another class.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 16:42   #20
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I believe BMS already said they're using their Aston Martin automatic entry at Le Mans to enter a Ferrari. I'd think that's a good sign that the Astons are not returning in the hands of BMS.
Yes it has been reported that BMS will take up the ACO auto-invite for scoring 2nd in FIA GT-2 with a F430GTC. I would be highly suprised to see them apply for a 2nd entry for the DBR9 in GT-1. link and link2

L.P.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 16:48   #21
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
I think you can not transfer the automatic entry to another car, let alone another class.
I believe that to be incorrect! The invitation is to the team not the car. Other wise how would the FIA GT-1 1st and 2nd place winners be expected to participate as the MC12 is illegal by ACO rule?!

L.P.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 17:27   #22
gwyllion
Race Official
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Other wise how would the FIA GT-1 1st and 2nd place winners be expected to participate as the MC12 is illegal by ACO rule?!
Not
Old 22 Dec 2007, 17:48   #23
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hmm, let me say that a person might try reading the supp. regs. ( link ) art.3

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 22 Dec 2007 at 17:54.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 18:51   #24
gwyllion
Race Official
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Hmm, let me say that a person might try reading the supp. regs. ( link ) art.3
Switching car is allowed, class is not. The name of team has to stay the same.
Quote:
The Competitor's Licence (as well as the name of the operating team)
and the Group of the car must be exactly the same as in 2007.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 21:56   #25
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
If Aston Martin do decide to go ahead with a LMP1 programme personally I think they will be in the same boat as any other manufacturer, like Audi they will no doubt buy a chassis from a specalist manufacturer like Lola or Dallara and go from there designing their own areodynamics for the car etc. Aston Martin are a big enough operation to not need to buy customer cars, as are GM. Personally im not so sure GM will come back so soon though, its only been 5 years since the Cadillac programme finished.
Prodrives expertise is engineering production cars, not sure they could build a prototype in-house, so badging a Lola is an option.

Even a company as large as Nissan contracted Lola to build them a Group C car.

Depending on who you speak to P&M have got there wish as the P1 car is a goer.

Last edited by JAG; 22 Dec 2007 at 21:59.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 22:38   #26
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Switching car is allowed, class is not. The name of team has to stay the same.
Well maybe we should revisit what was replied to.
Quote:

L.P.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 22:43   #27
gwyllion
Race Official
Veteran

Belgium
Yes, the rules proved me wrong. But lets not forget what you was replying to.
Quote:
Using a GT1 invitation to enter a GT2 car is not allowed.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 22:47   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Yes, the rules proved me wrong. But lets not forget what you was replying to.
Using a GT1 invitation to enter a GT2 car is not allowed.
And just what exactly did my answer say?

L.P.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 22:47   #29
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I realize now that I was wrong, Scuderia Italia's entry was in fact in GT2 (for 2nd in the FIA GT Championship), not GT1.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 01:41   #30
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Prodrives expertise is engineering production cars, not sure they could build a prototype in-house, so badging a Lola is an option.

Even a company as large as Nissan contracted Lola to build them a Group C car.

Depending on who you speak to P&M have got there wish as the P1 car is a goer.
I agree, I would expect that it would probably be a rebadged/bespoken chassis from Lola or someone already producing C/F chassis.

L.P.