Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: Rally Ads Racing24 SpotterGuides Downforce Radio MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 19-09 20:00 : EUROPEAN TRACTOR PULLING CHAMPIONSHIP : BOUCONVILLE PART 1  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Dec 2007, 16:20   #31
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Market Rasen, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
And just what exactly did my answer say?

L.P.
I didn't know we were all in this to win points over each other...

Getting back on topic, steering away from GT2 Ferraris, is it clear weather or not BMS will keep racing their DBR9's in the FIA GT Championship? I seem to remember reading that the relationship between them and AMR wasn't particularly great...
Old 23 Dec 2007, 16:29   #32
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Market Rasen, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, it seems I stand corrected regarding the BMS Astons, courtesy of DSC - BMS won't be racing them, it would seem.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 16:45   #33
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO it's a been a thoroughly miserable two years for BMS in FIA GT1. The results back this up, but moreso when you put 06 and 07 in the context of 02,03 and 04 in FIA GT.
Tyres have played a major part in this, but nevertheless it hasn't been pretty.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 18:52   #34
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BMS just boss told me, the Aston Martin projects for 2008 will be discusses in january with AMR.
They tested for Pirelli new tyres in this week at Vallelunga (Rome, Italy)
Old 23 Dec 2007, 18:54   #35
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GM will be back soon I'm 99% certain
Old 24 Dec 2007, 10:08   #36
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Embassy can put a team together to design an LMP car I fee that Prodrive may just be able to do the same perhaps?

DR would love to win outright, 1959 was it last time? But he is also a realist and to beat the diesels he needs to do a damn good job and a lot of development, there is a certain poetry with 2009.

Just another little thought, in my day DB stood for David Brown, will really new cars be called prefixed DR?
Old 24 Dec 2007, 14:01   #37
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Prodrive could, just as they could have designed an F1 car.

In that case they were going to buy customer Mclarens, it would make sense to tap into Lola's expertise, either with a revised (styling) coupe, or badging the current car.

They will surely have their hands full with the various GT cars, not to mention Subaru WRC's.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 18:10   #38
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I didn't know we were all in this to win points over each other...

Getting back on topic, steering away from GT2 Ferraris, is it clear weather or not BMS will keep racing their DBR9's in the FIA GT Championship? I seem to remember reading that the relationship between them and AMR wasn't particularly great...
Are we?!

The subject matter that was being discussed was, not my opinion, but the specifics of the rules and standards that are used by the ACO for acceptance to enter LeMans and how it pertained to the BMS Aston Martin DBR9 and the auto-entry they recieved for LeMans. These are specific things with specific qualifiers. I try very hard not to be rude or condescending to others in the forums while giving as specific and as correct of an answer as I know. So whom in this exchange was trying to score points on who?

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 27 Dec 2007 at 18:14.
Old 27 Dec 2007, 20:25   #39
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If BMS does not enter a GT1, I assume they may give the entry to another team. Second Team Modena car?
Old 28 Dec 2007, 08:08   #40
Adam43
Race Official
20KPINAL

Falkland Islands
The Road to Rouen
Adam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAdam43 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mod note: Trying to score points over each other!

To the mods this certainly seems to be the evident with a few members of this sub-forum. Frankly people notice this style of posting and judge the poster accordingly. However of concern to the mods is that it stops others posting because they can't be bothered to get into an exchange over something petty, or just because they find it tedious in the extreme.

There is no need to pick up on small points to prove you are right. There is also no shame in being wrong about something - you should try it as it is very liberating.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but please have a think about whether it applies to you. If you don't see it and continue we will start telling you, as we feel it is driving many with a love for this sport away from our forum.

P.S. There is no need to reply to this, PM if you have any concerns.
Old 28 Dec 2007, 09:34   #41
Aysedasi
Drivel time again!
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAysedasi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
However of concern to the mods is that it stops others posting because they can't be bothered to get into an exchange over something petty, or just because they find it tedious in the extreme.
As a mod here (alright, I guess a 'virtual mod' or even an 'honorary mod' these days perhaps ) that's exactly how I feel.

And Adam, this is not a reply.......
Old 28 Dec 2007, 14:34   #42
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
As a mod here (alright, I guess a 'virtual mod' or even an 'honorary mod' these days perhaps ) that's exactly how I feel.

And Adam, this is not a reply.......
Err, a post script perhaps...

PPS (or whatever) Agreed.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 23:28   #43
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened after the three year deal?

http://www.kayaba.co.uk/kayabaeurope/pr/2005-03.htm
Old 30 Dec 2007, 14:12   #44
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prodrive is building a windtunnel atm (if the still are...?) so if they design/build their own F1 in 2009?.. a P1 in 2010 could be possible as well. I think they will go for another chassis at first. But could very well, like Pesca step up in future years to own production...
Old 30 Dec 2007, 14:49   #45
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Started an Asian 12 race series
Quote:
Called the Aston Martin Asia Cup (AMAC), the series starts in 2008 and will consist of 12 races throughout the Asia Pacific region including China, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore. Each race will feature a grid of 18 Aston Martin Vantage N24s, a 4.3 litre race-developed evolution of the V8 Vantage which has been proven in endurance and sprint races in Europe and the Middle East.