Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:05 (Ref:2648947)   #251
tausif
Rookie

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia
tausif should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1GP is now for sale. Just saw a notice saying the auctioneers "Go Dove" are handling the sale of complete A1GP assets or packages thereof. . . . any takers?
Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2648957)   #252
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tausif View Post
A1GP is now for sale. Just saw a notice saying the auctioneers "Go Dove" are handling the sale of complete A1GP assets or packages thereof. . . . any takers?
Link http://www.go-dove.com/event-14131/A...27powered+by+F
Old 10 Mar 2010, 21:56 (Ref:2649200)   #253
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we can file this one under D for dead now, really.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 23:49 (Ref:2649273)   #254
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im surprised that A1GP owned the Maserati and Ferrari road cars......I would have thought they would have been loaners.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2649535)   #255
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The news is confirmed on autosport.com. It really does look like the end of the road, because I can't see anyone wanting to buy the whole package.

Does it mean the end of this particular forum, or will it stay here in memoriam?
Old 11 Mar 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2649682)   #256
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And I think mr. texeira was still talking recently that A1 wasn't dead...

Too bad it came to an end. I liked the concept and I thought the racing was good at times. I also liked that it visited places like New Zealand that F1 would never bother with.
Old 14 Mar 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2651523)   #257
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
The news is confirmed on autosport.com. It really does look like the end of the road, because I can't see anyone wanting to buy the whole package.

Does it mean the end of this particular forum, or will it stay here in memoriam?
As offers are initially wanted for the whole package, it's not totally dead - if someone buys the package they've got a ready "go racing" deal on their hands.

But I agree, the odds of someone taking such a punt and also running it as its own series are slim to say the least.

The forum will stay here, as a lesson of what could have been - but we may take the decision to lock it from further postings at some point in the future. And who knows, we may - at some point - open a new forum for a new world cup of motorsport (just one that's better run).
Old 14 Mar 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2651732)   #258
medler
Racer

medler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp View Post
As offers are initially wanted for the whole package, it's not totally dead - if someone buys the package they've got a ready "go racing" deal on their hands.

But I agree, the odds of someone taking such a punt and also running it as its own series are slim to say the least.

The forum will stay here, as a lesson of what could have been - but we may take the decision to lock it from further postings at some point in the future. And who knows, we may - at some point - open a new forum for a new world cup of motorsport (just one that's better run).
No doubt some dreamer will want to buy it, with an half arsed idea of starting yet another series in an overcrowed market place.
Old 18 Mar 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2654627)   #259
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medler View Post
No doubt some dreamer will want to buy it, with an half arsed idea of starting yet another series in an overcrowed market place.
I think if we were back in 2004-2006 instead of now that might have been the case. But in this economic environment, I'd say the chances are slim.