Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: Rally Ads Racing24 SpotterGuides Downforce Radio MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 20-09 22:30 : (Live) FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP 6 HOURS OF AUSTIN  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 17 Nov 2011, 13:31   #46
rhesus21
Rookie

rhesus21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I'm from Bulgaria and we have only one race track in my country. I had the idea of building a new one a year ago and recently I am gaining much enthusiasm about it. I know it will be very difficult because I have NO MBA degree, NO money and NO experience in anything closely related but I have a vision of the whole thing and that's enough for now. I read a lot of good advices here which I will use if you don't mind. Wish you all the best with your project and will be glad if you share how things are advancing.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 08:25   #47
ArgentBranding
Rookie

ArgentBranding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In regards to track development, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction as to the software generally used in track modeling. I would assume the large firms use a CAD program of some type.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 09:15   #48
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of people here simply use Google Sketchup but I suspect the big firms will use more sophisticated software.

Having said that, Sketchup is excellent for what it is - free and easy to use and understand (despite it's peculiar layering issues). Using that as your base for initial ideas would be good, moving onto something more sophisticated once you have basic ideas in place.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 09:35   #49
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'm always here to help as far as design goes...

I also offer a service where I can produce a 'mock up' that is fully raceable on rFactor, and can be used as a demonstration (Apex actually use this method).

Selby
Old 5 Jun 2012, 17:25   #50
vince305
Rookie

vince305 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just found this site and thread whilst searching the good ole web for some information

Ive got absolutely no back ground in business but would like to write a business plan for a track but do not know where I would start ................ I dont even know what is within a business plan

Can someone point me in the right direction or be able to tell me where i can find out this information please
Old 7 Jun 2012, 08:35   #51
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Without meaning to sound too pessimistic, I wouldn't worry about missing out on this.

We have quite a few 'fly by night' guys who only post a handful of topics relating to investments/building opportunities, but they never seem to go anywhere.

I even rung up a guy who handed out his number - he sounded massively shocked to hear from me. Never heard anything back. He isn't the first one either.

In conclusion - you havn't missed much

Selby
Old 7 Jun 2012, 13:07   #52
ericwieland
Rookie

United States
Des Moines, IA
ericwieland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, I forgot about this thread. Long story short, we are still developing this project. Discussions with local officals and investors are still private at this time.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 15:05   #53
vince305
Rookie

vince305 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Without meaning to sound too pessimistic, I wouldn't worry about missing out on this.

We have quite a few 'fly by night' guys who only post a handful of topics relating to investments/building opportunities, but they never seem to go anywhere.

I even rung up a guy who handed out his number - he sounded massively shocked to hear from me. Never heard anything back. He isn't the first one either.

In conclusion - you havn't missed much

Selby
Its one of those childhood dreams i guess ................. do we ever grow up

But seriously would like to at least go through the motions but as i said i wouldnt know where to start or whom to approach

Here in the UK (i see your essex based) we have no drag strips anywhere down the lower end of the country and feel this COULD be the way forward and with the right backing and if i could just find the right advice of how to start ................ Maybe im too old @ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwieland View Post
Wow, I forgot about this thread. Long story short, we are still developing this project. Discussions with local officals and investors are still private at this time.
I hope that all goes well and will be waiting to see how it pans out ............. (and not only to get my hands on your business plan )