Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jul 2011, 04:31 (Ref:2930015)   #101
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post

The drive Bathurst event in November will be worth a look... the first (and only 1 coming) 458 GT3 in Oz will be there........ getting his eye in........
I look forward to the challenge.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 04:32 (Ref:2930016)   #102
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Entirely possible bur unlikely.
Would make a great spares car.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 05:09 (Ref:2930021)   #103
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Entirely possible bur unlikely.
Shame, Ted, Alan, someone else...would be nice to see.

Good luck with the Gallardo Scud
Old 23 Jul 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2930066)   #104
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Would make a great spares car.
What, are you really as cash strapped as people say? Just buy your own spare car like any real man would......
Old 23 Jul 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2930067)   #105
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Shame, Ted, Alan, someone else...would be nice to see.

Good luck with the Gallardo Scud
Theres every chance Allan will be there again anyway, Similar arrangement as this year.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 02:36 (Ref:2930308)   #106
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A team from Thailand has entered the 12 hour with a Honda City!!! What the heck is a Honda City?

http://www.24hdubai.com/?page=67&newsID=763
Old 24 Jul 2011, 03:36 (Ref:2930321)   #107
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Looks to be a two front wheel drive hatchback.

Their website is here: http://www.stuvik.com/
Old 24 Jul 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2930644)   #108
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you realise the difference between the two right????

A 600 is just a 560 with some bolt ons..... maybe ~0.2s per minute faster.....

a 12 hr race at Bathurst could easily be won by a car ~5 sec/lap slower than than the fastest car.

We're at sandown this weekend with Teds car, a jet out the box again since the eastern Creek shunt... he did a 1.14.2 today on really old tyres....... which is only 0.9 off his best ever there....

The drive Bathurst event in November will be worth a look... the first (and only 1 coming) 458 GT3 in Oz will be there........ getting his eye in........
I guess you're right about a slower cars chances, this years B class result supports your theory.

Was the 1.14.2 with or without the detachable rear bar? Scud won't use scuffed up parts.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2930672)   #109
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
I guess you're right about a slower cars chances, this years B class result supports your theory.

Was the 1.14.2 with or without the detachable rear bar? Scud won't use scuffed up parts.
I'm always right.......

With, fwiw, but the test we did was educational.

Scud will be spending the trust fund VERY quickly then!
Old 25 Jul 2011, 02:45 (Ref:2930687)   #110
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the rumours of up to 3 x 458s coming in isn't remotely accurate? Only the one car for the forseeable future?
Old 25 Jul 2011, 02:59 (Ref:2930690)   #111
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
So the rumours of up to 3 x 458s coming in isn't remotely accurate? Only the one car for the forseeable future?
I've just come back from italy where I was building the one and only car destined for any oz buyer.

Order books are closed until next year, and none are pending.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 05:54 (Ref:2930714)   #112
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I've just come back from italy where I was building the one and only car destined for any oz buyer.

Order books are closed until next year, and none are pending.
That assumes that Maranello Motorsport was looking at a new ex-Michelotto version. There are used ones advertised Like Here although the price seems a trifle hot...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Jul 2011, 07:35 (Ref:2930738)   #113
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That assumes that Maranello Motorsport was looking at a new ex-Michelotto version. There are used ones advertised Like Here although the price seems a trifle hot...
It's possible they'd buy an used one I guess, but given THAT car you linked to is a Farnbacher car, and given each of their links with Simonsen, you'd think if they had arranged to buy THAT car when it becomes available at seasons end in october, they why would Farnbacher be advertising it?

Surely they would have arranged it off the market??

Just guessing, I of course know nothing about anything, just ask anyone.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2930747)   #114
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's possible they'd buy an used one I guess, but given THAT car you linked to is a Farnbacher car, and given each of their links with Simonsen, you'd think if they had arranged to buy THAT car when it becomes available at seasons end in october, they why would Farnbacher be advertising it?

Surely they would have arranged it off the market??

Just guessing, I of course know nothing about anything, just ask anyone.
I saw that it was a Farnbacher car... was interested that it was sponsored by ESET AntiVirus, which also saw time on the side of the Russell Bros BA Falcons in the development series...

MM works in mysterious ways dont they?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:04 (Ref:2930752)   #115
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
MM works in mysterious ways dont they?
They do indeed..

they called my customer again today, to try to woo him away....... a bit frustrating, and VERY rude I have to say

and seeing as the customer actually came on the italy trip with me, and was in the same meeting with the people that make the cars, and heard what they had to say.....

it's mysterious indeed!

Oh well, that's whats so great about racing... when the lights go out (green flag drops), the BS stops......
Old 25 Jul 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2930839)   #116
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
looks like we might have a few slovaks at the race next year!

THE NEW ZEALAND connection looks set to return to the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour bigger and better than ever next year – and they could bring friends from even further afield.

Hampton Downs-based Motorsport Services team owner Dave Taylor has confirmed his team will return to the Mountain with at least three cars – with the potential of more to follow from as far away as Slovakia.

Slovak driver Miro Konopka drove a Porsche 996 GT3 Cup Car for the team in this years’ race and was so impressed by the experience that he is currently working on bringing two cars over from his home country for the race.

Driving with Kiwi’s Simon McLennan and Scott O’Donnell, Konopka’s car completed 264 laps and finished an outstanding 7th outright this year – scoring second in class B. Motorsport Services’ second Porsche finished just behind in eighth position, whilst their BMW 130i entered in the Production Car ranks finished 14th and second in class.

Taylor says his team was ready to return to the mountain next year with two GT cars and a new Production racer.

“I’ve got a waiting list of 10-15 guys who all want to drive,” he said.

“We will be back with at least three cars, a 135i BMW, one of our existing 996 Porsche GT3 Cup Cars and a 997 GT3 Cup Car as well.

“Miro (Konopka) is working on bringing two cars down from Slovakia and we would assist them running them – they would be a 997 GT3 Cup Porsche and potentially a Dodge Viper.

“A lot of the drivers from this year’s race are already locked in and ready to come back so we’ll have guys with at least one race under their belts, which will be a big help. We’re excited about coming back over for what should be an even bigger Event next year.”

It turns out that the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour is big in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia.

The Slovak input in the 2011 race saw surprising interest from the nation, Konopka’s media representative attending the race and filing regular reports to their home media. Meanwhile, the online streaming coverage of the race recorded hundreds of hits from people watching their drivers’ progress from afar.

“It’s surprising, but it seems like the place to be,” Taylor said.

“I was there recently and it’s a big motorsport hub. It’s not far from Brno (Czech Republic) and from the Hugaroring so it’s very energised there. They love motorsport.”

Taylor said the expanded eligibility list for the 2012 race was making it easier for overseas teams to enter the race.

“It’s not been as much a benefit for us here (New Zealand) because, like Australia, we tend to run our own rules and regulations, but for those teams coming from Europe it will make it much easier to bring cars down,” he explained.

“It will be huge for the Event to be opened up like that.”

The 2012 Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour will be contested on February 24-26, 2012 and will feature an action-packed program including four strong support categories; Sports Sedans, Saloon Cars, Formula Ford and Improved Production.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2930840)   #117
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As reported in the latest edition of MN.

Motorsport Services from New Zealand have confirmed they will enter three cars, including a Porsche 997, Porsche 996 and a BMW 135i.

Linked to the NZ team is a Slovakian race driver named Miro Konopka who raced with the team last year who is working on a deal to bring an additional Porsche 997 and poteniallly a Dodge Viper from Slovakia.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 02:43 (Ref:2931162)   #118
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
I'm planning to head down to spectate but was hoping to camp in the paddock, does anyone know if that option will be available?
Bathurst 12 Hour website - click Here
Old 26 Jul 2011, 03:52 (Ref:2931167)   #119
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Good to hear of more overseas interest especially if Miro Konopka is looking at running, remember him racing a Viper and a Saleen in FIA GT in past years. Hope he brings a Viper down.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2931231)   #120
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm always right.......

LOL-- very
Old 27 Jul 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2931949)   #121
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
international entry list so far.

http://www.12hbathurst.com/?page=557
Old 28 Jul 2011, 00:46 (Ref:2931977)   #122
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's see if we can get a few more internationals
Old 28 Jul 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2932096)   #123
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keen to see what Australian cars are looking at entering as well
Old 28 Jul 2011, 14:05 (Ref:2932101)   #124
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's only July, and the Race is in Feb, I don't think we need to hit the panic button re. entry numbers right now do we?

I've got my accommodation sorted already and looking forward to another 22 hour day at the Mountain
Old 28 Jul 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2932111)   #125
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
looks like I have clearance from Race Control to book a holiday around the 12-hour meeting :-)
just thnking to maximise the pleasure - who runs the races on Friday and Saturday, what cars are eligible (saloon & GT, not single seaters), and are there any opportunities to buy a drive?
PM me if you prefer...
TIA