Home Forum News Cookbook F1 Predictions FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising IRC Chat  
Site Partners: Rally Ads Racing24 SpotterGuides Downforce Radio MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447) » 25-10 12:00 : V8 SUPERCARS RD 12 : GOLD COAST - RACE 1  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Aug 2011, 12:19   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!
Baltimore Grand Prix - 2/3 September 2011

Thought I would start a race thread since this round is only 5 days away! There doesn't seem to be a lot of excitement about this round. The area had an earthquake and a hurricane, but everything seems to be ready to go for the race. A brand new circuit should leave all teams and tire makers on even footing, and we may see some interesting results in GT.

Schedule

Entry List

Timing & Scoring

Live Video ALMS

Live Video ESPN3
Old 29 Aug 2011, 12:27   #2
Chiana
Veteran

Finland
Hämeenlinna
Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!
I'm excited, seeing sports cars in tidy little street circuits is always fun. Especially since we have no idea what to expect really

That weight break for porkies won't probably affect their pace too much, but Flizards were mighty fast at Long Beach. Expecting similar speed here
V. Beaumesnil 2013: "If you look at the [LMGTE] regulations, we can change [BoP] whenever we want. You have no other way to do it." /// LMGT1 & LMGT2 2009 regs: " It is out of the question to make adjustments after or in accordance to each race"
Old 29 Aug 2011, 12:34   #3
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'm excited, seeing sports cars in tidy little street circuits is always fun. Especially since we have no idea what to expect really

That weight break for porkies won't probably affect their pace too much, but Flizards were mighty fast at Long Beach. Expecting similar speed here
Lets hope that this one does not have railroad tracks, bumps the size of foothills, makeshift high school football stands and a 1st gear hairpin.

Glad there are only 2 of these every year.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 12:41   #4
Chiana
Veteran

Finland
Hämeenlinna
Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!Chiana has a real shot at the championship!
I love bumps and two dollar chicanes, long live Reliant Park Speaking of which, I hope Indy makes comeback there someday so we'd have excuse to return as well
V. Beaumesnil 2013: "If you look at the [LMGTE] regulations, we can change [BoP] whenever we want. You have no other way to do it." /// LMGT1 & LMGT2 2009 regs: " It is out of the question to make adjustments after or in accordance to each race"
Old 29 Aug 2011, 12:46   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!joeb is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I haven't been to a street race since the early 90's, but I agree it is a fun atmosphere. I hope those forum members who are lucky enough to go to the race let us know how it was.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 12:50   #6
Chiana
Veteran

Finland
Hämeenlinna
When was the last time we had a brand new circuit addition in the calendar anyway... 2007!?!
Old 29 Aug 2011, 12:57   #7
Chiana
Veteran

Finland
Hämeenlinna
Wait I just checked the entry list, have I missed something or where have the two Robertson Fords disappeared?! Smaller GTC field as well.

There's no Le Mans test day during this street race, Andrea and David
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:13   #8
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be a great race as per usual in the ALMS.

So glad i can see this over the internet. And I agree we need to go back to Reliant Park, I was just watching the Champ Car race from 2007 about 2 hours ago, fantastic crazy track.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:22   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is going for a new world record!fieldodreams79 is going for a new world record!fieldodreams79 is going for a new world record!fieldodreams79 is going for a new world record!fieldodreams79 is going for a new world record!fieldodreams79 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The area had an earthquake and a hurricane, but everything seems to be ready to go for the race.
And now, they will close off a portion of downtown for some racing. Helluva couple weeks for these folks!
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:27   #10
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wait I just checked the entry list, have I missed something or where have the two Robertson Fords disappeared?! Smaller GTC field as well.

There's no Le Mans test day during this street race, Andrea and David
They are saying that because they didn't go to Long Beach, they don't have a baseline street setup. I'm not sure I'm buying that, let's hope there's nothing more to it.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:44   #11
Chiana
Veteran

Finland
Hämeenlinna
Just read that from their facebook page. Must be the poorest excuse I've ever heard, this way they surely won't beat ESM in the team points...
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:48   #12
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with that ^
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:49   #13
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just read that from their facebook page. Must be the poorest excuse I've ever heard, this way they surely won't beat ESM in the team points...
I just hope there isnt any issues within the team, especially money problems. After their year so far with a podium at Le Mans and Lime Rock, it would be heartbreaking to lose this team.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 13:58   #14
Chiana
Veteran

Finland
Hämeenlinna
If it was budget issues they would've probably dropped the second car already. They claim to be back at Laguna so I guess it's not all doom & gloom

By the way, their Road America race report claimed:
-- "Robertson Racing, as well as H, will be back in ALMS action at the inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix on September 2/3."

Righto...

Last edited by Chiana; 29 Aug 2011 at 14:03.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 14:02   #15
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
If it was budget issues they would've probably dropped the second car already. They claim to be back at Laguna so I guess it's not all doom & gloom

By the way, their Road America race report claimed:
-- "Robertson Racing, as well as H, will be back in ALMS action at the inaugural Baltimore Grand Prix on September 2/3."

Righto...
Good news