Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Nov 2011, 15:10 (Ref:2987773)   #101
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well personally i don't care what nationality someone is. but there's absolutely no need to be constant fanboys of everyone. it's usually that lack of willingness to see drawbacks that leads to a lot of negative feeling about someone rather than any "british" characteristic.

it's also called having a discussion: more than one view is provided and they are discussed and dissected. that does rely on everyone being reasonable and acting like adults though.

i think to be honest people get bored of every single driver being trumpeted as the next big thing in media propaganda by their press officers and so on. not that it's the case with calado - i think rsf are pretty low key on the promotional aspect of it all which is refreshing.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2987859)   #102
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
well personally i don't care what nationality someone is. but there's absolutely no need to be constant fanboys of everyone. it's usually that lack of willingness to see drawbacks that leads to a lot of negative feeling about someone rather than any "british" characteristic.

it's also called having a discussion: more than one view is provided and they are discussed and dissected. that does rely on everyone being reasonable and acting like adults though.

i think to be honest people get bored of every single driver being trumpeted as the next big thing in media propaganda by their press officers and so on. not that it's the case with calado - i think rsf are pretty low key on the promotional aspect of it all which is refreshing.
It's not just the media, everyone seems to have their favourite "next big thing" that they place on a pedistal. Atte Mustonen was pretty much guaranteed to get into F1 if you looked at this forum a few years ago. Some drivers do put their talent on display but often people are trying too hard to be talent spotters, me thinks. You can be excited about a new talent without claiming he's the next world champion.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2987918)   #103
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
It's not just the media, everyone seems to have their favourite "next big thing" that they place on a pedistal. Atte Mustonen was pretty much guaranteed to get into F1 if you looked at this forum a few years ago.
I remember it well! I was one of the people who thought he was well on the way. Just what happened?
Old 18 Nov 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2988109)   #104
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I remember it well! I was one of the people who thought he was well on the way. Just what happened?
And what happened to his countryman Mika Mäki?
Old 19 Nov 2011, 05:26 (Ref:2988639)   #105
Albeckinho
Racer

Albeckinho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mäki got kicked out from Red Bull Junior Team and that was pretty much the end of it. Mustonen got the boot from Lukoil's program and couldn't get any other form of financing. They just couldn't get the kind of results that were expected from them.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 10:15 (Ref:2989523)   #106
MMC Andy
Racer

England
Newmarket
MMC Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Anyone know what Davide Rigon might be up to for 2012?
That guy has some awful luck, it'd be a shame if he didn't come back.

From talking to the team in Abu Dhabi, it's extremely unlikely you will see him in a GP2 car again. Recovery from the injuries is taking longer than expected.

Andy
Old 21 Nov 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2989570)   #107
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
italiaracing has the provisional calendar which includes... singapore. about blimmin' time. also seriously, twice in bahrain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiaracing.net
25 marzo – Sepang
22 aprile – Al Sakhir
28 aprile – Al Sakhir
13 maggio – Barcellona
27 maggio – Montecarlo
24 giugno – Valencia
8 luglio – Silverstone
22 luglio – Hockenheim
29 luglio – Budapest
2 settembre – Spa
9 settembre – Monza
23 settembre – Singapore

Test pre campionato
28-29/2-1 marzo – Jerez
6-7-8 marzo – Barcellona
http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=33939&cat=4
Old 21 Nov 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2989630)   #108
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
italiaracing has the provisional calendar which includes... singapore. about blimmin' time. also seriously, twice in bahrain?

http://italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=33939&cat=4
Eh? why 2 in Bahrain, that can't be right.

Can it?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 15:28 (Ref:2989639)   #109
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the article says it's to do with the postponing of this year's round which seems a bit... awkward. did you see the budget they're quoting?? €2.2million! i bet that'll go down a bit come march.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2989643)   #110
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
the article says it's to do with the postponing of this year's round which seems a bit... awkward. did you see the budget they're quoting?? €2.2million! i bet that'll go down a bit come march.
2.2 million for 2 races in Sakhir??!!!

How much will the rest of the season cost?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2989652)   #111
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
no, you div, that's for all of them

daniel juncadella fancies a crack at gp2 next year following his macau win : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96366
Old 21 Nov 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2989656)   #112
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
no, you div, that's for all of them

daniel juncadella fancies a crack at gp2 next year following his macau win : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96366
Oh...

How do you rate him bella, he's not one who's popped up on my superstars of the future roster I have to say?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2989691)   #113
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think he's done everything he can to make himself a good driver - if you look at his profile on forix or similar he's raced just about everything he can in single seaters. with that in mind i'm inclined to agree with him in that he could do with winning a title, which if he did the euroseries as he suggests he'd probably do by default cause there'll be no-one else in it
Old 21 Nov 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2989774)   #114
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What sort of parallel universe are GP2 organizers living in? More than 2m euros budget in today's economy...
Old 22 Nov 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2989959)   #115
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i had a think about this (dangerous stuff) and i was struggling to come up with any way they could make it cheaper for the competitors aside from reign in the calendar and venues.

it astounds me that they haven't got (aren't allowed?) a title sponsor, ever. all things considered it'd be a very good product to support.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2989963)   #116
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Surely it's upto Dallara, the engine makers/supplier and the FOM to bring the cost down.

What happens if the grid is too small next season, Bernie won't want it on the F1 programme.

I doubt very much that'll happen, yet, but pressure needs to be brought to bear from somewhere otherwise I can see what we've already been saying, the good guys will just do FR 3.4 instead and bypass GP2 altogether.

How many Brits for example will be able to find 2 mill for next season??!!
Old 22 Nov 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2989966)   #117
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the easy ways of reducing the cost to the competitor involve dallara or their spare parts agent taking a hit on profit though, or maybe even not making any - cost of manufacture may be cheap but again, you're paying for the r&d cost on dallara's behalf. that's part of the problem i guess - where fr3.5 has consciously made an effort to kerb the evolution of the car to keep the costs down, gp2 has gone for the usp. which is fine when you can get people who are willing to pay for that.

i wonder if the economy of pricing the drives (don't know how to word that) has changed since a couple of the teams who did bargain drives have disappeared?
Old 22 Nov 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2989972)   #118
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Surely it's upto Dallara, the engine makers/supplier and the FOM to bring the cost down.

What happens if the grid is too small next season, Bernie won't want it on the F1 programme.

I doubt very much that'll happen, yet, but pressure needs to be brought to bear from somewhere otherwise I can see what we've already been saying, the good guys will just do FR 3.4 instead and bypass GP2 altogether.

How many Brits for example will be able to find 2 mill for next season??!!
Imagine Chilton and Palmer would have enough?
Old 22 Nov 2011, 11:15 (Ref:2989973)   #119
MMC Andy
Racer

England
Newmarket
MMC Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Eh? why 2 in Bahrain, that can't be right.

Can it?
The teams had a meeting in Abu Dhabi, and are trying to remove both Bahrain weekends off the calendar - it appears a compromise may be to leave one, and add Abu Dhabi (where alot of the team personal & drivers are anyway for the Young Driver F1 tests).
Old 22 Nov 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2989986)   #120
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC Andy View Post
The teams had a meeting in Abu Dhabi, and are trying to remove both Bahrain weekends off the calendar - it appears a compromise may be to leave one, and add Abu Dhabi (where alot of the team personal & drivers are anyway for the Young Driver F1 tests).
presumably there's a contractual obligation to have at least one round there? i don't blame them for being unimpressed with bahrain though, let alone going there twice in a week and abu dhabi makes a lot of common sense.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2990125)   #121
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
i wonder if the economy of pricing the drives (don't know how to word that) has changed since a couple of the teams who did bargain drives have disappeared?
Not a cartel surely?!!
Old 8 Dec 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2997040)   #122
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so as Eurosport has finished with GP2 (but will still show GP3 and Porsches) who will take up this main support race to F1 and this has to be done fast! Who do you expect to take over from Eurosport as the GP2 TV place?
the contract has ran out if you want to know the reason
Old 8 Dec 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2997048)   #123
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Crikey didn't know that, Eurosport has shown it every year apart from 07 was it? Shame.

I guess i'm hoping it will be ITV4 or something?
Old 8 Dec 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2997054)   #124
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i thought sky had taken it and left eurosport with gp3 and the porsches? or am i making that up?
Old 8 Dec 2011, 19:27 (Ref:2997167)   #125
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC Andy View Post
I agree with that. I prefer that the last round of the 2012 season will be in Yas Marina and not another GP2 Final like this year. In either form, the Abu Dhabi round (if it will be a GP2 race there) will be included in 2012 GP2 TWPC, indeed.