Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Sep 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3140902)   #126
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone else think that its a daft that Marussia are now in line for the 10th place constructors money due to Glocks chance 12th place finish?

IMO if the teams arent quick enough to score any points then their pace across the whole year should dictate their final place in the championship order, not a single race result for one driver
Old 24 Sep 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3140906)   #127
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
On Sunday before the Singapore Grand Prix I sat down with Caterham's Technical Director Mark Smith to discuss matters ranging from the team's competitiveness to the future direction of driver safety. I found his thoughts on driver protection to be very interesting and the fact that he sees it being implemented as early as 2014 shows the desire for improvements in this area.
thanks for posting that, frostie - you're right about his thoughts regarding driver protection. pretty certain that's one of the first times i've seen anyone express a timescale for bringing it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
anyone else think that its a daft that Marussia are now in line for the 10th place constructors money due to Glocks chance 12th place finish?
i think it's entirely correct. you have to be in the right place at the right time to get the higher finishes when they're there and if your car isn't reliable or fast enough, you don't. simple as that. maybe i'd agree with you if it was a high attrition race, or it was based on grid positions but i don't really see what there is to complain about.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3140917)   #128
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I shudder when people talk about Kubica vs Massa at Fuji 2007 as the defining battle of our time, for example. Those two waged the vast majority of their battle on tarmac runoff areas.
i agree the defining battle of our time is going way too far, but because of the circumstances of their battle, the rain and the spray, i was riveted while watching it.

i suppose it is subjective though, in the dry there is no excuse for it, in the super wet i think it was a showcase of their skill and good judgement.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3141327)   #129
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post

IMO if the teams arent quick enough to score any points then their pace across the whole year should dictate their final place in the championship order, not a single race result for one driver
And how would you measure that 'pace' over the whole year except by judging on finishing positions? Average speed track speed?!
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3141645)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
On Sunday before the Singapore Grand Prix I sat down with Caterham's Technical Director Mark Smith to discuss matters ranging from the team's competitiveness to the future direction of driver safety. I found his thoughts on driver protection to be very interesting and the fact that he sees it being implemented as early as 2014 shows the desire for improvements in this area.
Nice one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

i think it's entirely correct. you have to be in the right place at the right time to get the higher finishes when they're there and if your car isn't reliable or fast enough, you don't. simple as that. maybe i'd agree with you if it was a high attrition race, or it was based on grid positions but i don't really see what there is to complain about.

Absolutely agree.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3144914)   #131
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It would seem that Button's podium finish didn't come without its drawbacks.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103002

Still, they've got it fixed now. *fingers crossed*
Old 2 Oct 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3145213)   #132
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It would seem that Button's podium finish didn't come without its drawbacks.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103002

Still, they've got it fixed now. *fingers crossed*
No pain, no gain...
Old 2 Oct 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3145218)   #133
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
No pain, no gain...
No change, no gears...
Old 2 Oct 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3145224)   #134
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No change, no gears...

No gears, no race...
Old 2 Oct 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3145230)   #135
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
No fish, no foul.

Where is this going?
Old 2 Oct 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3145232)   #136
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Ask Nina Simone.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3145240)   #137
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Ask Nina Simone.
?
Old 2 Oct 2012, 15:10 (Ref:3145243)   #138
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
She apparently had everything - got my arms ,got my legs etc.... So she can provide the pain, gain, fish, fowl whatever. Sorry, completely rubbish joke.

Coat!
Old 2 Oct 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3145254)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Must be Tuesday afternoon on the funny farm.....
Old 2 Oct 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3145264)   #140
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Never got a chance until now to post some of my photos from Singapore so here's a few:

Old 2 Oct 2012, 16:03 (Ref:3145266)   #141
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Must be Tuesday afternoon on the funny farm.....
For some of our members it's already Wednesday. Our weird is that?

Nice piccies, frostie!
Old 2 Oct 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3145323)   #142
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
For some of our members it's already Wednesday. Our weird is that?

Nice piccies, frostie!
Still Tuesday afternoon down here...
Old 2 Oct 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3145437)   #143
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for sharing frostie , great pics
Old 3 Oct 2012, 02:04 (Ref:3145488)   #144
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Nice pics frostie ! thank you...
Old 3 Oct 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3145696)   #145
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Forgot that, thanks frostie !