Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Daniel Ricciardo 38 66.67%
Nico Rosberg 4 7.02%
Valtteri Bottas 4 7.02%
Kimi Raikkonen 4 7.02%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Jean-Eric Vergne 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 4 7.02%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Max Chilton 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Jules Bianchi 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Andre Lotterer 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Aug 2014, 22:34 (Ref:3447466)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Belgian Grand Prix 2014

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 25 Aug 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3447474)   #2
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is how I came to my decision...

Alonso - Average day.
Vettel - Average day.
Hamilton - doesn't rate for this one.
Rosberg - should have done better.
Bottas - did really well, out performed his team mate (again).

Kind of leaves two.

Raikonnen. Finally got his car up there, to the same place where everyone is piling on credits to Alonso. He out performed his team mate. He gets the silver medal from the for this race.

But Ricciardo - he did everything right come race day. He won when very few expected it. He out performed his team mate, arguably more than his team mate outperformed webber last year.

So Dan is the man for this race.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3447481)   #3
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went for Kevin Magnussen for some sterling defending, bringing out the fragile side of Fernando Alonso and making him utterly collapse in battle.

The move that was the one I think got him the penalty was right on the edge and possibly over of acceptability and I've not reviewed it enough to say I disagree with the students, but I'll stick with my choice of Magnussen because I thought it deserved some recognition. Most drivers in such a prolonged battle with Alonso don't hold him off so long.

Those last few laps were also hugely entertaining, incidentally.

Alonso was comprehensively defeated by Raikkonnen, so an honourable mention to him today in what seems to be his first really decent race all season. Bottas was once again strong, Ricciardo brilliant, Vettel looking comparatively poor (more questions raised about just how opportunistic, seize the day and brilliant Ricciardo is or how poorly Vettel is stringing stuff together).

Kvyat continues to be an excellent and reliable deliverer of points in a car that can only just do it, putting Vergne in the shade and Perez had another decent result although Hulkenberg made something of a bad starting position.

Felipe Massa was truly bad today, although I need to check if there was any reason at all.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3447484)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Dani Ricc, no question.

Now FAS will be insufferable!

Honourable mention to Andre Lotterer for an impressive debut!

Last edited by wnut; 25 Aug 2014 at 23:42.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 00:19 (Ref:3447509)   #5
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
I didn't vote for RICHardo I went for Rosberg for giving RB a chance for winning the race, didn't know RBR had a 3rd driver in their team..lol
Old 26 Aug 2014, 00:31 (Ref:3447514)   #6
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan's the man.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 00:51 (Ref:3447525)   #7
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ricciardo this time.

Seems I'm voting either Ricciardo or Alonso for almost every race, but they deserve it. By far the two most impressive drivers this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Felipe Massa was truly bad today, although I need to check if there was any reason at all.
Tire debris in his floor, which was only removed during his second stop. Look at F1Fanatic's lap charts and you'll see the difference it made. He was miles faster after they removed it and he became faster than Bottas (however, the early second stop required a third stop to be made, so apples and oranges).
Old 26 Aug 2014, 03:15 (Ref:3447571)   #8
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nico. Kudos to Daniel and Kimi too.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 03:42 (Ref:3447580)   #9
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi. Ice extinguishes fire.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 04:58 (Ref:3447597)   #10
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ricciardo. He can win in the next races IMO!
Old 26 Aug 2014, 06:17 (Ref:3447617)   #11
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NICO??!! HE COULDN'T PASS ANYONE!!! Like in Hungary, everything until the last stint was just poor driving, relying on the pace of the car to keep him in the hunt, wing damage or not! Woeful...

It's between Dan, Kimi and Bottas. I have no idea who, so I'll go with, erm, I have no idea. Dan I guess, he won!

Edit:

Kudos to the McLaren boys for a solid performance, and Hulkenberg for charging through the field. Far better than Rosberg!!!
Old 26 Aug 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3447687)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Riccardo by a massive margin.

Honourable mentions to Bottas for another stylish performance and even for the normally disinterested Finn for actually showing interest and getting a decent position - perhaps there was a larger points bonus on offer than usual...... And I was delighted to see Lotterer on the grid - such a shame his car wasn't anything like a match for his talent.

The other DOTR ('Dunce') obviously goes to the German 'Finn'.......
Old 26 Aug 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3447765)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DR for me. one has to take advantage of opportunities as they present themselves and once again DR did that.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3447807)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to give it to Bottas. I thought he drove an outstanding race and got himself on the podium again.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3447841)   #15
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toss up between Bottas and Ricciardo, gave it to Bottas in the end but a close thing.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3447864)   #16
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, for me, it's pretty clear cut - Danny takes DOTOR. A superb drive. Back-to-back wins. Just great stuff from him.

I'll give Bottas an honourable mention as runner-up. Another podium. Just a shame that the Williams can't seem to take the top step on the podium - yet. He's putting in some very strong results.

As for some of the other drivers' performances :-

Nico - Well, he did make a costly mistake - but he outqualified his teammate again. I suppose he did show a ruthless streak which you probably need for the WDC. Despite his mistake - I think people have underestimated actually how good of a driver he is this season - he's still leading the WDC.

Kimi - Yep, superb performance from him. Good to see him perform well - at a track he loves. Just a shame that he couldn't make a podium.

Alonso - A bit of a sub par performance from him. That's rare to see. Still, he finished in the points - despite wrecking his car towards the end.

Hamilton - Showed potential at the start - especially after the little muck-up with him overshooting his start box - he made a superb start. I suppose that if he had not had the little tangle with Nico - he might of won here. Did his best - but his car was obviously damaged a lot from the accident.

Magnusson - Very good performance from him. Plus, he beat his teammate.

Button - Good performance from him. He's always good at Spa - but was beaten by his teammate.

Vettel - A slightly average performance from him. Still, he finished in the points.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3447888)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lotterer.
Old 26 Aug 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3447908)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just popped in to see if anyone voted for Rosberg. And four of them did!

Old 26 Aug 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3447921)   #19
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

I voted for Nico because he showed, finally, the tenacity he will need to beat Lewis. It's one or the other this year, and now Nico is even money.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3447942)   #20
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

you mad bro?
Old 27 Aug 2014, 01:30 (Ref:3447965)   #21
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Riccardo by a massive margin.

Honourable mentions to Bottas for another stylish performance and even for the normally disinterested Finn for actually showing interest and getting a decent position - perhaps there was a larger points bonus on offer than usual......
Aysedasi....you are starting to come around by showing interest in the disinterested Finn
Old 27 Aug 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3448035)   #22
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Aysedasi....you are starting to come around by showing interest in the disinterested Finn
I believe this is the first time all season that you aren't a marked man after your vote has been cast
Old 27 Aug 2014, 21:03 (Ref:3448306)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
On the contrary, I've been interested in him for some time. Despite his WDC, I've never been much of a fan and I didn't expect him to do much when he made his comeback as I doubted his motives for doing so. But that's just my opinion. Unless he is able to repeat his respectable performance at Spa for the rest of the season, I hope he does the gracious thing and retires again. But I shall continue to watch his interest.... with interest.