Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Mar 2015, 11:54 (Ref:3512432)   #1
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
General Australian Touring Car & V8Supercar Discussion

I didn't want to derail the Gregg Hansford thread, but a comment in that thread peaked my interest and thought it might be a good start for a general discussion thread to ask questions, discuss things etc... about stories and tales that probably don't warrant their own threads. Nothing is off topic, just chat about the series we love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Dick's generally been one to give a reasonable approximation of how stuff is - he made no bones about letting Neal Lowe go,
I've never heard this, i always thought Mr Lowe had just moved on at the end of 1992 after the initial DJR Falcon was built, i didn't know there was drama.

What happened between Richard and Mr Lowe?

Last edited by one five five; 6 Mar 2015 at 12:20.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 12:15 (Ref:3512440)   #2
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think building the worlds most expensive EB Falcon show car (or a prototype that was so much against the rules it could never be allowed to compete) had a lot to do with it.
Old 6 Mar 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3512444)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was a comment from Mr Johnson at the time, something along the lines of only being able to say that white was black for so long...

The Sierra program was lost for a while too until the Stones influence..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Mar 2015, 01:43 (Ref:3512877)   #4
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As GTR says, DJ didn't make any bones about it, and I'm sure that I recall reading a comment that he (Lowe) had big wraps on his own opinion. Ultimately the abject failure of EB1 to gain homologation acceptance was placed solely at Neal's feet, and so off to HRT for a season he went.

Certainly, recruiting the Stone brothers to re-direct the Sierras was helpful, and one might argue that the day they left DJR marked the day that their consistent competitiveness left the building too.