Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 May 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3540592)   #1
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1984 testing footage Brands Hatch (Senna, Bellof, Piquet, Mansell etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKi--Dzi6ZM

Came across this just now - and it's the first (good) amateur footage I've seen of F1 cars at Brands back in the 80's. Thought you guys may enjoy it - great stuff.
Old 24 May 2015, 09:54 (Ref:3540593)   #2
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfXkMAQKoAE - oh and some 86, and final Brands Hatch F1 year stuff too How Turbo's should sound?!
Old 24 May 2015, 10:10 (Ref:3540598)   #3
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfXkMAQKoAE - oh and some 86, and final Brands Hatch F1 year stuff too How Turbo's should sound?!
.. and what track limits and run offs should look like too!

At least force the driver to respect the track limits.
Old 24 May 2015, 10:13 (Ref:3540599)   #4
spider
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
.. and what track limits and run offs should look like too!

At least force the driver to respect the track limits.
Noticed that - and a few times when the power down the main straight was so fierce they were turning in a little too early on the slight right, before correcting (Mansell...)
Old 24 May 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3540602)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Barry has put a load of footage up from his times at Brands.

Is fabulous footage and actually a very, very rare thing to get pure sound from this era, priceless!

Also has some great sports cars footage aswell.

Well worth subscribing and let's hope he has some more good stuff to upload!
Old 24 May 2015, 16:26 (Ref:3540706)   #6
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Memories. I was there, without a camera...twonk.
Old 24 May 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3540732)   #7
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Fantastic thread, well done!
Old 25 May 2015, 08:01 (Ref:3540959)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I used to take a camera to every motorsport event, however I half stopped doing it some years back as I felt like I was just watching the day through a viewfinder rather than actually enjoying the racing and enjoying the occasion.
Old 25 May 2015, 16:15 (Ref:3541084)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Fantastic video thank you ...
I loved these cars they sounded amazing..
I believe the current cars will sound better once they are turned up..
Old 25 May 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3541122)   #10
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ESPN's broadcast of the 1986 British Grand Prix at Brands Hatch.

I was lucky to be there along with nearly 200,000 people.

Took forever to get out of the circuit that evening.

Sadly the end of Jacques Laffite's career ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bp5YT0duzc
Old 25 May 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3541126)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Makes me want to cry listening to them compared with the present F1 cars.....

Super stuff - great thread!
Old 25 May 2015, 21:21 (Ref:3541198)   #12
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post

I too was there, spectating on the entry to Druids.
Old 25 May 2015, 21:52 (Ref:3541206)   #13
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So many things struck me whilst watching the videos, but here are a few observations.

Firstly, there is no doubt that most of the time the drivers were giving their all, yet, almost without exception, they remained on the track inside of the white lines. A true display of driving ability, without all the electronic gimmicks that they have now or in the very recent past. And as Ayse wrote, engine sounds that can make your heart weep.

Another thing that shows how things have changed is how close to the track the spectators were able to get at certain points around the circuit, especially on the GP section. In fact, it seemed as though there were even areas were there was no catch fencing, and all there was were a few strands of wire between the track and the spectators. And they were controlled by a few "No Entry" signs attached.

I was impressed by the entry speeds into Druids, and the stability of the cars as they exited it as they made their way down to Bottom Bend, and how easy they made that look. That was the corner I hated the most from all the tracks that I raced on, and it was the one corner that I never, ever found a good line for (let alone a perfect line)!

Oh, I do miss the cars and racing of old. If that could only be replicated but with all the safety elements built into the cars, and without the miles of run-off areas and kerbs of modern circuits. It's nice to dream sometimes, though!
Old 25 May 2015, 23:15 (Ref:3541226)   #14
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course, I should have said the end of Jacques F1 career.

Yes those were very special days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post

Old 25 May 2015, 23:31 (Ref:3541233)   #15
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The testing videos are fantastic to see. Usually I search these kinds of things out during the off season but this is too good!
Old 27 May 2015, 16:40 (Ref:3541799)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I was there with a camera, over at Hawthorn and Westfield for most of it but I don't have the photos to hand. Certainly brings back a lot of memories. The sound of the DFV and what a fantastic track Brands was.

Fantastic footage, thanks.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3544309)   #17
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful to see this
Old 3 Jun 2015, 17:05 (Ref:3544609)   #18
Rindt70
Rookie

Rindt70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a footage!!...thanks for sharing
Old 26 Jun 2015, 10:51 (Ref:3554038)   #19
spider
Veteran

England
London
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4rFgHOgSfY - 1992 Hockenheim - turn the volume up!