Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2018, 03:12 (Ref:3808774)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari F2003 @ Road Atlanta

Not sure where to put this... Armchair didn't seem right and neither did the historics forum, so if this is wrong, mods do your worst! Y'all need to see this, though.

Yesterday Marc Gene did the fastest lap ever around Road Atlanta with a 1:01.2 in a F2003. The previous lap record was a 1:06.2 by Stéphane Sarrazin in a 908 shortly after the track was repaved. Mind bending. Enjoy!

https://twitter.com/marc_gene/status/975011456704970753

I'm really sad that I wasn't at Sebring this week but seeing this in person (and seeing my drinking buddies) was a nice consolation prize.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3808960)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Love this stuff. A fun lap.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 23:14 (Ref:3808985)   #3
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic!!!
Thank you for posting it.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 00:17 (Ref:3808998)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Even though the numbers were light, I starting giggling at the gate seeing / hearing them come down the hill to T12 and didn't stop until hours after I left. Unbelievable stuff!
Old 19 Mar 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3809051)   #5
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It also sounds as though Marc was short shifting, so that wasn't possibly the best that could be achieved.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3809117)   #6
RedSquirrel
Racer

Ireland
RedSquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It also sounds as though Marc was short shifting, so that wasn't possibly the best that could be achieved.
I'm certain that he could have gone faster. Current LMP1s are 5 seconds quicker around Spa than Stéphane's Peugeot so it's safe to say that the TS050 could do a 1:04, maybe a 1:03. A V10 Formula 1 car only two or three seconds faster than a prototype, particularly around a track as fast as Road Atlanta? Not likely.
However...that lap was plenty fast enough for me.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3809133)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nice to see Marc Gene is still chasing that 2003 Ferrari race seat!

cool lap though and great to hear that engines again! thanks for sharing
Old 19 Mar 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3809218)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Certainly makes an excellent case for running V10s.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 02:55 (Ref:3809250)   #9
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The noise
Old 20 Mar 2018, 02:58 (Ref:3809251)   #10
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I mean, an f1 car may be capable of going under 1:01, but..... How???? That looked like a video game on fast forward. He sounded pretty flat through turn 12, and much faster going into it, by getting up the hill skool much faster after 10a and b. Or at least that's what it looked like. That was amazing.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 03:39 (Ref:3809255)   #11
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I mean, an f1 car may be capable of going under 1:01, but..... How???? That looked like a video game on fast forward. He sounded pretty flat through turn 12, and much faster going into it, by getting up the hill skool much faster after 10a and b. Or at least that's what it looked like. That was amazing.
He just cracks the throttle, takes a gear, into turn one. If what I have seen from radar guns tracking prototypes in T1 is correct, he is doing in access of 165 mph there.