View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2001, 23:30 (Ref:107131)   #11
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hypo
Jay,GP3 is undoubtedly a better game than GP2 but, considering GP2 was released in 1995(i think?) it`s got to get the vote.
That's true hypo. The thing is that you've got to judge every game by how good it was at it's time. Of course GP3 is a much better game than GP2. I don't even have GP2 installed in my PC anymore. But the thing is that while in 1996 GP2 blew everybody away in 2000 GP3 was slightly disappointing.

But just a comment about GP3. i do believe it's a very good game. Thing is that GP2 set a standard so high that it was going to be almost impossible to be matched by any upcoming sequel. And then again, what else could you improve on GP2? The only things that game was missing was variable weather, 3D hardware support and better graphics. And GP3 delivered....maybe not so much with the graphics but they're still pretty good. Thing was that many (including myself) thoight (If GP2 was what it was in 96 then GP3 must be the most amazing game ever" and it wasn't quite that "amazing".