View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 2004, 05:41 (Ref:1186469)   #9
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got to agree that DP put on some pretty good shows in 2004. Good observation about the near IROC aspect. I think it would be really interesting if each of the series fielded a couple of all-star teams. Who would you pick for the two open wheel teams? Bourdais, PT, Junky, Wilson and Dario, Helio, Manning, Herta (I'm having trouble deciding that last spot) would be very stiff competition. Granted I think the team anchored by Pruett and Papis would be tough to beat simply by their experience.

Other than his one DP race, does Dixon have any other sports car experience? Initially I thought Dixon was a bit slow, but after being pointed to the lap times it appeared that he was pretty well on the pace in that race, which is quiet commendable. Edit: I didn't realize or had forgotten that Dixon has participated in Daytona 2004! Does Dixon have sports car or enduro experience beyond the two DP races?

Manning is a fantastic talent and I'm not surprised that he was fast out of the box, he seems to be able to adapt to any situation. In 2003 Manning managed to never damage a single part on his Reynard all season and yet was very quick. I imagine he could be a very capable enduro racer.

PT has experience earlier in his career in Can-Am and SCCA Endurance and prior 24 hour race experience. All three of these drivers acclimatized quickly when adapting to driving IRL cars, but I suppose PT could claim an advantage in that respect.

Last edited by Snrub; 23 Dec 2004 at 05:46.