View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2005, 11:23 (Ref:1205491)   #64
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen - I used them in 2003 during the Champ Car fencing episode. Don`t get me wrong, it`s do-able but it`s not very nice!!!! Would you rather marshall post 5 on a pair of kitchen steps or on terra-ferma!

Re MSV site - I read your earlier post but can`t find what you mean - only the fairly un-specific PR bit which I`ve now read numerous times but the only change is at the foot of it where it confirms season passes will be valid for A1GP.

Also, I still think my point is still being missed. If things are so dangerous out there then circuits like Lydden, Snetterton, Castle Combe SHOULD BE COMPLETELY RING-FENCED.

A circuit like Silverstone which holds F1 and Donington which hosts Moto GP should only be running these events if they use a semi-circular catch-fencing structure which comes up either side of the track and arches across to meet in the middle..... That is the only fail-safe way of retaining debris from an accident. Now everyone`s thinking - "Elio`s taking the proverbial and going OTT..." No, when you think about it he isn`t. Different areas have different levels of risk associated with them. F1 GPs are not run in the tunnel of steel I suggest because it is not practical. The incremental costs outweigh the incremental benefits. Taken down to Brands` level the same still applies. I suppose we have to agree to disagree!!

A good idea would probably be to have a designated area (s) at race tracks where punters can forego all kind of liability and enter at their own risk to simply spectate/photograph etc etc. This area would not be an inherently risky area, just one that over the decades has ALWAYS been regarded as safe but NOW under this US-style "A*se-covering" philosophy is NOW regarded as unsafe - despite 50-60 years worth of no incidents?