View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1256018)   #227
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1JordanUk, that's another idea thats too clever to be thought of by MSV or similar! Loyalty Bonus!!

As for the issue with children, what happens when they're racing in T-Cars? Or if it were a Kart meeting....

I understand the safety issues of having our junior pit crew running amok.
With a DVD player, and Sky TV (soon to be) available in the motorhome, hopefully I can keep mine happy and out of harms way.

I remember my wife getting an ear bashing for wishing to come over and wish me luck while I was in the assembly area at Thruxton. My daughter was firmly strapped into the push-chair. NO CHILDREN ALLOWED IN HERE! LEAVE NOW! It's a good job I managed to calm her down, she was fuming for ages.

Children and motorsport do not mix. Keep them as far away as possible, and they'll go to a football match instead, and never ever go to a circuit again as long as they live.

Do you detect some cynicism in my tone?

Last year, I suggested something completely evil, like setting up a creche or playgroup sort of affair at race meetings, which would attract the family. I think I received ONE negative comment from some old coffin dodger who probably hated children, and never was one at all ever.

Oi! Palmer! Get your act together. Fill up the grandstand, and ye shall reap the benefits of extra catering sales, etc... Get the local fun-fair to turn up and keep the offspring happy. I'm sure they won't charge you to set up shop! It works at Rockingham. Hey, that's not motor racing, it's roundy roundy's where the lap within fractions of a second of each other, and change places multiple times through a lap. Naaaah not racing at all.

Enough enough you cry!

I'll take my silly subversive ideas away and let the sport die in peace (or is that pieces?)

Rob.