View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2005, 23:08 (Ref:1327834)   #38
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm with Redshoes on this. I regard the grid-girls as a waste of time and money. There are an awful lot of other things that a cash-strapped team ought be channelling a budget at.

I'm as happy with the aesthetics of the human form as anyone, but I find it an affront to my gender that a team will so blatantly try to draw attention to themselves by apparently appealing to my crotch. Furthermore, despite what anyone might say to the contrary, I am convinced that the high profile of promotional females in national sport has a detrimental effect to those women who would prefer to be appreciated for their work behind the wheel or in the technical team.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's Le Mans this weekend and the Hawaiian Tropic promotion will be going on as usual. As usual I will be elsewhere and as usual I'll not be expending a frame of camera time on it. One could argue that at least the brand name is familiar and that the advertising has done its job. However, I might mention that it took 15 years before it registered with me what Hawaiian Tropic actually was. For years, I actually thought it was a peep-show somewhere on the circuit...