Thread: What a downer
View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2000, 10:57 (Ref:14062)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't really been to any motorsport event that I would call bad. There have been bad aspects (such as 40+ degree heat and no shade) but the actual meeting was interesting, if only as I was competing.

The bad weather I have been in I have enjoyed as I get some nice photos of spray off the tyres. Bad food is normal at Australian tracks. The worst other spectator I have come across was at Rally Australia, he was standing about 6 feet away from a fence, so I stood in front but slightly to the side of him. He then made a comment to someone else about me, and then when the car was coming he tried to push me out the way. I still took the photo (you can't stop me taking photos ). If he had asked me to move I would have. Obviously I moved on, but damn it was a good photo, I really wanted to take more. It is actually in the gallery here, it is of the Focus from head on with a large amount of dust behind.