View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2005, 02:32 (Ref:1412765)   #10
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd second the Nikon referal, I've been very happy with my 80-200 2.8, even with the D2X now. If the difference in price is relatively small, it's certainly a lens that will stand up to years of use if not overly abused.

Ideally though for you would be to able to take similiaar shots with both lenses to properly compare. Do some shots where flare would be a distinct possiblility to show up differences (although, its a tricky situation with slight camera angle differences producing flare or no flare depending on slight camera position changes, same with the filter on it, ie quality, dirty etc-when dealing with flare etc I mean) But you know what i mean, you can only properly compare similiar shots with each lens. Oh, and usually a more expensive lens will be better wide open (or thereabouts) than one that is a good chunk cheaper.