View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1414586)   #58
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I personally have no problem with qualifying on the Friday. What I do object to is the heats taking place on the Friday afternoon. That means that two-thirds of the FF1600 action takes place on the Friday, when even fewer people will be there than normal!

FF1600 and FF1800 are - allegedly - the main events at this meeting. When planning the timetable, a blank piece of paper should have been pulled out and these races given the prime slots: FF1600 heats and on Saturday, semis, a last chance race and a final on Sunday. Given likely entry levels, FF1800 semis on Saturday with a last chance race on Sunday along with the final.

All of the support races should have been built around that. Indeed, I have drawn up a timetable of my own that ticks those boxes, yet doesn't go on any later or seriously compromise lunch breaks and so on, compared to the position on the current draft. It does mean that Sports 2000 and Heritage Touring Cars qualify on the Friday as well, but that is not an issue.